B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old January 9th 03, 00:29   #1
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli
24 again [Spoilers]

What can I say..damn, I love this series [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I really don't have any usable guesses about through who, how, and why the Warner Coorperation is connected to Ali. I doubt it is the father - Ali wanted to know what she saw on his files and when he was convinced that she didn't know anything, He ordered her "execution" - if he were in with the father, he would have known what was in the file. And if it where the father, and if he really didn't give a fuck about his daughters - why not have the slut killed immediatley.

Am I the only one that thinks that Ali looks kind of like Warner? Maybe there is somekind of family connection we don't know about yet.

And god I wish we could do without Kim.

And, again, some great acting from Keither Sutherland and Dennis Haysberth.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th 03, 02:16   #2
crazybillyo
First One

Send a message via ICQ to crazybillyo Send a message via AIM to crazybillyo
Re: 24 again [Spoilers]

I don't think Ali would necessarily know what was in the files. Just because they might be connected doesn't mean the were email buddies. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And Warner was supposedly working for the CIA in some kind of manner.

The preview had Reza supposedly revealing the connection after they went to the office. Either Reza's putting on a good show, or there's someone else besides the father. But it would be kind of a letdown if it weren't one of the people already introduced. So whom?

Something's gotta give. I don't think Reza or Nina are going to be around much longer.
crazybillyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th 03, 03:34   #3
The Juche Warrior
First One

Is the subtitle this season "Day of the Saw?" First Jack with the hacksaw, now Sayed's henchman with the Black and Decker power job. This isn't a complaint at all. Hopefully, they up this theme a notch when Jack finally kills Nina (You know it's gonna happen).
The Juche Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th 03, 06:02   #4
GKarsEye
First One

Is it me, or was this the best episode of 24 ever?

I went nuts when Jack shot that dude with a flare gun.

Pitting Mason against Reza was brilliant- both from Mason's and the writers' perspective.

I almost got a little choked up at the end.
"Sir, you don't have to explain. There was one right decision and you made it."

And ya gotta love watching the ex-Trek ladies duke it out.

Heck, even Kim wasn't the annoying this week.

I don't think I've ever seen any character demand immunity for something they didn't do yet.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th 03, 15:32   #5
Chilli

One additional thought I had : Is there anything that is going to prevent "the good guys" from getting a sniper into the area to put a bullet into her head while she's waiting for the "allowance" to put a bullet through Jack's head? Not that I can think of, they have all the information they need from Nina.

And one cool thing: this is only episode 9. There is still a whole lot ahead of us [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

And GKE: I tend to agree. This is getting better than the first season was [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] - Plus they have this one planned through from beginning to end and not just the first 13 episodes AFAIK. I think plot-problems similar to those that happened in the end of the first season shouldn't happen this time around [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old January 9th 03, 19:07   #6
Chilli

I just watched this episode with my sister

I don't think she liked the "fun with powertools" scene all too much [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old January 9th 03, 19:22   #7
Sinclair

This season just keeps getting better and better. So much has happened in such a short amount of time. There are still fifteen hours left! The whole Jack/Nina relationship just took a whole new twist. It seems as if President Palmer may be starting to trust Sherri again. She is deceptive, isn't she?
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th 03, 00:00   #8
ElScorcho
Psi Cop

All I can say is

"OW"
ElScorcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th 03, 01:51   #9
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
Is there anything that is going to prevent "the good guys" from getting a sniper into the area to put a bullet into her head while she's waiting for the "allowance" to put a bullet through Jack's head?
A lot of folks are saying that, but I don't think they'd do that. It would definitely leak to the public, and it would look much worse than it is: a president murdering someone he pardoned.

Quote:
Plus they have this one planned through from beginning to end and not just the first 13 episodes AFAIK
Yep, this is one of the reasons I was especially excited about this season when it was confirmed that it was renewed with the original format in tact.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote