B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old September 1st 01, 16:34   #1
RW7427

Legend of the Rangers question

I happened to be thinking the other day (I try not to do too much of that. It can be scary! )and I was wondering something.

I wonder if "To Live and Die in Starlight" garners enough ratings to warrant a series, will we see much of the Rim and the worlds that used to belong to the First Ones such as Sigma 957? I thought that maybe other races might try to move in on those abandoned worlds like the Shadows' allies did on Z'Ha'dum, and the Rangers would be sent to investigate those activities. It was just a thought I had, and I thought I'd share it here to see what others think.

------------------
Long live the Salad Rangers! We live for the Salad Bar, we die for the Salad Bar.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st 01, 20:44   #2
Modane
First One

Re: Legend of the Rangers question

I donno. Perhaps we will, perhaps we won't.

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
Babylon 5
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas
Modane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd 01, 13:43   #3
Jomar
Dead Account

Anything is possible. However I would guess any of the early episodes will deal primarily with members of IA since this is a covert operation to obtain information which will help to keep the peace.

However, IF there is a series and IF it runs for five years or more, there is lots of room for speculation in well over 100 episodes.

------------------
Jomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd 01, 14:37   #4
channe
First One

What was that G'Kar line in the teaser trailer they put out? "We found a city, millions of years old?"

That should answer your question

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.
channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd 01, 14:40   #5
RW7427

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
What was that G'Kar line in the teaser trailer they put out? "We found a city, millions of years old?"

That should answer your question

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for reminding me about that Channe!
Somehow I had forgotten about it.

------------------
Long live the Salad Rangers! We live for the Salad Bar, we die for the Salad Bar.
Old September 2nd 01, 21:37   #6
Kitaro Sasaki
Commander

"A billion years old" (G'Kar)

The line of dialogue spoken by G'Kar in the trailer released over the internet is "A billion years old"...BILLION

Just wanted to correct the fact. Thanks!

Cheers! -Warren-

------------------
Kitaro Sasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd 01, 01:41   #7
channe
First One

Thanks, Warren - oh, dear, I'm a bad fan, I've misquoted, I've turned into a modern-day Chesterton!

Billions of years old? I am not going to survive until January. Do you cast & crew take any glee in seeing your loyal fans squirm?

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.
channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd 01, 01:47   #8
hypatia
First One

Now that one of the B5 novels has wet my appetite in terms of Earth's outer colonies, I too would love to see one of them in a "Rangers" series.

I've only read two of the B5 books so far, but:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> "To Dream in the City of Sorrows" gets into Marcus' life on one of the outer colonies of Earth. Briefly, at least. No wimps in the outer colonies. </font></td></tr></table>

Oh, and in one B5 episode coming up (spoilers from maybe season 4?)

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> There was some small mention of one of them when the fighting was taking place between Earthforce and the others. </font></td></tr></table>

Anyhow, it would be a rough, pioneer kind of life compared to B5, I would think.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd 01, 12:09   #9
RW7427

As to the age thing, I never noticed that Channe said millions of years, when it was supposed to be billions of years. Either one is a really long time! But if they did come across a billion year old city, maybe there is a chance we could see a little of the history of the First Ones. Maybe even the Shadows and Vorlons too, even though none of those races will actually be in the series because by the time of Lengend, they have all left the galaxy. I think it would be interesting to see just a little of what the galaxy was like many, many years ago, long before the younger races like the humans and the Minbari came on the scene as space faring races.

------------------
Old September 3rd 01, 12:49   #10
hypatia
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RW7427:
As to the age thing, I never noticed that Channe said millions of years, when it was supposed to be billions of years. Either one is a really long time! ... long before the younger races like the humans and the Minbari came on the scene as space faring races.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somewhere on another thread this was discussed, I think. For a world to be billions of years old would make it far, far older than anything else ever discovered, I think the point was. For intelligence to be there would be surprising. How could it evolve so quickly? If it didn't there WHERE did it come from?

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote