B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old April 12th 02, 15:00   #11
Kribu
Administrator

Re: The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari

I just figured Lorien wanted to get that lifeforce back from Sheridan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Sort of "well,you've got your 20 years, now give me back what's mine and die!" [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 02, 15:47   #12
jnk5y
First One

I think of it as how kosh was living in sheridan, maybe sheridan will live inside of lorien. Or he just dies and lorien takes the body.
jnk5y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 02, 15:54   #13
Kribu
Administrator

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jnk5y:
<font color=yellow>Or he just dies and lorien takes the body.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
And now I got some very awful Pak'ma'ra visuals... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif[/img] ...as in what's Lorien going to do with the body!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif[/img]
Old April 12th 02, 16:12   #14
**DONOTDELETE**

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kribu:
<font color=yellow>And now I got some very awful Pak'ma'ra visuals... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif[/img] ...as in what's Lorien going to do with the body!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif[/img]</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote> No. No need to get Pak'ma'ra visuals. I think that Sheridan just wanted to disappear, to create some mystery. It was his last strategic move. A move of great value, to ensure the Alliance better chances. Seeking out Lorien suited his plans well.
Old April 12th 02, 16:14   #15
Kribu
Administrator

But that's such a boring explanation!! Lorien having the remains of Sheridan for dinner would be so much better. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old April 12th 02, 16:59   #16
GKarsEye
First One

Re: Londo's vision of Delenn.

The important thing to remember that about Londo's vision of Delenn is that it was Londo's vision, not a representation of truth. Of course she wouldn't be reading tarot cards, but neither would Londo physically encounter his own heart and yell at it. The whole thing is symbolic.

So what is the symbolic / character relevance of Delenn in this episode? Throughout the series, Delenn acts as Londo's conscience- quietly dissapproving of his decent into the abyss while garnering respect and admiration from Londo, even as a foe. To him, she represents the good forces of the world, and the humanistic embodiement of what Babylon 5 is trying to achieve. He sees his own faults reflected through her, like a prism.

This was marked earlier when he refused to attend her re-birth ceremony. He was subconsciously angry at himself for knowing he wouldn't be able to live up to the meaning behind it and took it out on her (like if you get pissed at your girlfriend when it was you who did something stupid).

Re: Sheridan's many outfits
This has been discussed to death, with all but the simplest explanations given: the white robe doesn't mean any one thing in particular. It is merely a representation of Sheridan's progress as an individual finding his place in the universe. Wereas the uniforms define Sheridan in the context of others, the white robe presents him as a true individual, reaching toward the next step of progress. 46 &amp; 2. Its inclusion in Londo's dream is a visual representation of what the result of the dream will do to Londo: if he apologises and repents, he can accept his past and re-define it outside the confines of his culture or his peers, and understand it with enlightenment and individuality.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 02, 23:23   #17
Quagmire
First One

Sheridan as he was, the Sheridan we knew did stop. That doesn't mean that Sheridan in another form couldn't go on, or that helping Sheridan become whatever he became would place the strain on Lorien that maintaining the human Sheridan did.

While it is Londo's vision and not guarantee of truth it was uncanny in its accuracy. After all the same segment of vision also had Sheridan in Entil'Zha garb and we know that comes to pass. The Centauri have been known to have some ability when it comes to predicting the future and visions after all.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th 02, 06:38   #18
jnk5y
First One

I love the fact that Vir is the one who makes Londo turn around. Anyway it's all just a near death experience. You may see a white light but Londo sees people he knows and an angry Narn.

Kribu, remember Pak'ma'ra prefer cats. Dead cats [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Lorien probably took the body to a taxidermist who stuffed it and hung it on his living room wall. "oh that, i got that out by Coriana 6. I think it holds the room together."

Oh by the way Sheridan didn't leave b/c of what he told Delenn (well maybe) but went to Coriana 6 b/c Kosh told him to go there in Day of the Dead.

John
jnk5y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th 02, 10:37   #19
Kribu
Administrator

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jnk5y:
<font color=yellow>Kribu, remember Pak'ma'ra prefer cats. Dead cats [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
And dead Minbari, if I remember correctly... at least that's what everyone thought when that Minbari body went missing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I don't think they're too picky, as long as it's not fish.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr><font color=yellow>Lorien probably took the body to a taxidermist who stuffed it and hung it on his living room wall. "oh that, i got that out by Coriana 6. I think it holds the room together."</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Ah, I like that idea as well. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old April 13th 02, 18:57   #20
RW7427

Kribu, why are you so negative when it comes to Sheridan? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote