B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 4th 02, 10:39   #11
Mondo Londo
First One

Re: My Opinion

It's a shame various cable companies have decided to market their products that way.

Yes, Alex, I did see you; and thanks so much for posting here so quickly! Please keep us up to date. I'm very much looking forward to learning more about your character!

Overall, I thought the show was pretty good -- it certainly kept my interest. Since not everyone has seen the pilot yet, I won't go into details.

I'm also aware that there are those who objected to bare female breasts in this program. After seeing the pilot, I can declare that there were indeed bare female breasts in a scene taking place in what seemed to be (more or less) a topless bar. Personally, I didn't think it was that big a deal. Bars like this exist now; and we see far worse in movies all the time. It was shown on a pay cable channel, so the possibility little kids saw something they shouldn't (while innocently flipping through the channels) was substantially reduced.

I'm not sure 8PM (here in the Eastern U.S.) was the right time to show this pilot because of the bare female breasts; but otherwise, I had no problems with it. I don't think Jeremiah is being marketed as a family show.

Personally, I was much more offended by the erect Vulcan nipples on the Enteprise pilot. That was on "free" TV at 8PM, and is pushed as family viewing.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi
Mondo Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 11:13   #12
PsionTen
First One

I have to agree, Jeremiah kicked ass. I have to admit that I didn't think the concept would work at first, but I was dead wrong. It was everything that you would expect a world to be like where children had to raise themselves. The only problem I had was all this nonsense about lack of resources. You'd think there would be all kinds of stuff left around, even after 15 years, but I suppose that can be explained by the mass rioting that went on in the days of the big death. If only LotR had been this well written.
PsionTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 12:13   #13
Kraig
First One

I really loved the show. Good acting, writing, directing and story. This show by itself is worth the cost of Showtime. I'm glad Showtime is using Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Good to see you Alex, only this time with more hair and less bone.

------------------
"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us ...and our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between." Emperor Turhan
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 12:20   #14
haze
Ranger

I called DirecTV and added Showtime about 2 hours before Jeremiah aired. I don't think I'll ever watch anything on it other than Jeremiah, but I couldn't resist the lure of a JMS show.

Channe: Is DirecTV/Satellite an option over cable for you? I think they even come and do free installation. They are much more flexible on packages, if you have just basic service and want to add one set of premium stations (like all the Showtimes) you can do it for $12.00 I don't know what you pay now, but the above situation with basic + Showtime would run like $35-40 a month. The downside would be having to buy the dish and receiver, but again I think there are deals out there where you can get the whole setup for $99 with a free month of service. Might be a better solution long term if Jeremiah runs a few seasons.

- Haze

------------------
haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 13:10   #15
gkarfan
Dead Account

I taped Jeremiah but haven't watched it yet (I had to work). I will comment once I have.

Channe, when I got Showtime recently, they didn't require that I get all the other pay-channels, too. You must have a lousy cable-company. Actually, mine is lousy, too, when it comes to customer-service.

Tammy

------------------
Tirk: Citizen G'Kar, Captain Martell would like to speak to you.
G'Kar: Of course. Love to stay. Can't. Have to go. Kiss-kiss. Love-love. Bye.

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation
gkarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 15:04   #16
channe
First One

It's lousy, yes, but unavoidable!

My first chance at seeing Jeremiah fell through. Rats. The guy we all thought had Showtime didn't have Showtime after all...

One more chance!

------------------
[email]channe@cryoterrace | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space
channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 15:57   #17
KoshN

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Yeah, well you have to consider that it isn't even a possibility for some people and for others it isn't worth the extra $30/month or so that it takes to get the show.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, I'd only spring for that if B5:LotR (as a series) and Crusade (new shows) were on the channel.

I had a buddy tape the premiere of Jeremiah for me and I'll be seeing it tonight, but I'm not going to get Showtime to see Jeremiah.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 16:13   #18
gkarfan
Dead Account

I'm only having to pay $17 a month for Showtime & Showtime Too (2). $30 is too much--I can't believe that other cable-companies are pulling this garbage!

I watched Jeremiah earlier. I prefer space-based SF, but I did like Jeremiah. Does anyone agree with me that

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>the actress who played Theo was really good? She was scary! I think Jeremiah & Kurdy are likely to cross paths with her again. </font></td></tr></table>

Tammy

------------------
Tirk: Citizen G'Kar, Captain Martell would like to speak to you.
G'Kar: Of course. Love to stay. Can't. Have to go. Kiss-kiss. Love-love. Bye.

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation
gkarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 16:27   #19
PsionTen
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I think Jeremiah & Kurdy are likely to cross paths with her again.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Undoubtedly. This was the best pilot that JMS has ever done ... right as I was beginning to doubt if he could write another decent script. Apparently, he can.

Right now, I pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 bucks a month, but I get digital cable for that with several hundred channels, including showtime. No doubt they'll start airing Jeremiah in syndication sometime next year -- just as they did Stargate and the Outer Limits. So, you'll probably be a season behind the Showtime subscribers, but you'll get to see the show. I don't know if the sci-fi channel has finalized a deal with them or not, but they sure do advertise the hell out of it there.

PsionTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 16:36   #20
channe
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PsionTen:
I don't know if the sci-fi channel has finalized a deal with them or not, but they sure do advertise the hell out of it there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Showtime has a two-year exclusive on Jeremiah. So, no syndication for two years.

I bet ya Showtime just bought a lot of Sci-Fi commercial time because that's where a lot of their potential viewership hangs out. Nothing more.

Drat, on both points.

------------------
[email]channe@cryoterrace | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space
channe is offline   Reply With Quote