B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 3rd 02, 23:47   #1
G Kar of the Kha Ri
First One

Send a message via ICQ to G Kar of the Kha Ri Send a message via AIM to G Kar of the Kha Ri
My Opinion

Man, that was a damn good hour and a half! I see a bright future for this, I do I do! Finally, I have found a good use for that digital cable of mine.

------------------
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other." --G'Kar "Epiphanies"

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." --Sima Yi

G'Kar's City-State!
G Kar of the Kha Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd 02, 23:52   #2
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: My Opinion

I agree. We needed a sci-fi type show like this. No aliens, spaceships or anything else to that effect. For now at least. Who knows what is to come :-)

capt

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :-)
Old March 4th 02, 00:21   #3
channe
First One

*just sits there and throws stones miserably*

You lucky ducks. You lucky, lucky ducks.

------------------
[email]channe@cryoterrace | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space
channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 02:08   #4
G Kar of the Kha Ri
First One

Send a message via ICQ to G Kar of the Kha Ri Send a message via AIM to G Kar of the Kha Ri

I find it odd that seemingly half of the people I know here don't have the channel. It sucks, but what ya gonna do?

Hurm.... go out and buy the channel! NOW!

------------------
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other." --G'Kar "Epiphanies"

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." --Sima Yi

G'Kar's City-State!
G Kar of the Kha Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 03:51   #5
Lyta

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G Kar of the Kha Ri:
Hurm.... go out and buy the channel! NOW! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, well you have to consider that it isn't even a possibility for some people and for others it isn't worth the extra $30/month or so that it takes to get the show.

Still, I thought it was an excellent introduction. Great characters and the story has time to develop. Knowing how JMS works, he is just setting us up and lull us into a sense of security ... then he will pull the carpet from under us.

I am anxious to see the next installment and see where the road takes us.

I have not been big fans of Perry or Warner but they truely shined in this show.

It was also interesting to see how JMS did when the restraints were taken off and it seems to suit him well. A tad bit gratuitous on the nipple factor but it wasn't so much that it interfered with the enjoyment of the show. I think it is actually a relief to watch a show without boundries.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS
Lyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 03:52   #6
alex zahara
Lurker

Hey guys. Glad those of you that were lucky enough to see it liked it. We had a cast and crew screening on Sat night. Lots of cool stuff, did you catch a beared and long haired yours truly in the begining, middle and end? Yep Dulann has transformed into Ezekiel.
Take care...Alex Z.

------------------
Dulann
alex zahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 03:57   #7
Lyta

Hey Alex! Great to see you and hope we get to see more of you. Oooh the mystery and suspense!

It was funny because of course, I knew who you were but my husband has been out of the loop on a lot of the Jeremiah stuff. At the end of the show he said, "Hey, he looks familiar! Wasn't he a Minbari?" I laughed and said, "Yes honey, he was." He is definitely not the most observant nor does he have the best memory so kudos that you made an impression on him.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS
Lyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th 02, 08:20   #8
channe
First One

Hey, Alex!

Overheard at the Luke Perry chat: "What was up with that guy with the beard, huh? Did you catch him in the bar?"

That's about all I caught of your performance (as I can't afford the extra $30 a month for Showtime).

Oh, well. We all know Ezekiel's the real star of this show. Keep us tuned as to when that fight scene is.

------------------
[email]channe@cryoterrace | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space
Old March 4th 02, 08:59   #9
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep i caught ya alex. Your first time on screen I said "I know that guy from somewhere". Then i looked at my desktop picture "HEY thats the minbari". hehe. good show. cant wait till the next episode

capt

pS-Where do you people pay $30 for showtime? Here its $13 for like 4 or 5 different showtimes

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :-)

[This message has been edited by CaptDS9E (edited March 04, 2002).]
Old March 4th 02, 09:23   #10
channe
First One

You can't buy just Showtime at my cable company. You have to buy Showtime, all the HBOs, The Movie Channel and all the different Cinemaxes as a bundle. I'd be paying $30 a month, basically, to watch four hours of show, 'cause I don't watch television other than a few VERY notable exceptions.

Now, although I grew up with Malcolm-Jamal Warner, adored Luke Perry as a pre-teen, think Alex Zahara rocks, and place JMS pretty high on my list of People Whose Careers Will Hopefully Resemble Mine Someday, paying $30 a month for something I'll watch one hour a week is just too much for me. And when you're like me, and have little to no disposable income, that's $30 you could have spent on something like groceries...

This does not mean I will not be following episode guides like a hawk. I'm hooked on this show already.

------------------