• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I Just Want To Say....

I just want to say that I am very happy to have found a place where B5 is appreciated so much. Actually, very happy isn't quite right, but I cannot put this feeling into words. I only wish I had more friends where I live that could love B5 as much as I do. Sadly enough, most don't even really like sci-fi. Now fantasy, that is different. But sci-fi, it just doesn't get the love it needs. Anyways, I just wanted to proclaim my fondness for you all! P.S. This is a wee bit late in coming. I should've done it earlier, but it slipped my mind.

------------------
--Garibaldi-- "Maybe they should've labeled the future 'Some Assembly Required'."

I know exactly what you mean! I only have one friend that I know of that likes B5, but he doesn't watch it on a regular basis and is never quite sure of what is going on. Coming here gives me the opportunity to intereact with others that have the same knowledge or more of B5 than I do. It also gives me a chance to help others out who don't know as much it. Meeting people with common interests all over the world is really exciting and it's always fun to meet new people.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G Kar of the Kha Ri:
I only wish I had more friends where I live that could love B5 as much as I do.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree completly I have two friends who like Sci-fi. Being that they have no cable or satalite, their veiwing is limited to UPN and the X-files.

------------------
What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack'?"

"Cats."

"Cats. I'm being nibbled to death by cats."

Oddly, my hubby loves sci fi too. So if it weren't for my household and these boards I wouldn't have anyone either.

Long live the Sci Fi channel, the only reason i pay $120 a month for digital cable.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Just wanted to add that I personally know only three people locally who like Babylon 5 & Crusade. All the rest of my acquaintances either:
<ul type="square">[*] have their minds completely closed and rusted shut on the topic of Sci-Fi (won't accept any of it, even as fiction). They are plebians who limit their concerns to only the things of the real world that they see as directly affecting them, or
[*] like only some mainstream Sci-Fi TV or movies (e.g. Trek, Star Wars, Terminator, etc.), and are unwilling to invest any time in following an arc-driven series like Babylon 5 or Crusade.
[/list]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>Just wanted to add that I personally know only three people locally who like Babylon 5 & Crusade. All the rest of my acquaintances either:
<ul type="square">[*] have their minds completely closed and rusted shut on the topic of Sci-Fi (won't accept any of it, even as fiction). They are plebians who limit their concerns to only the things of the real world that they see as directly affecting them, or
[*] like only some mainstream Sci-Fi TV or movies (e.g. Trek, Star Wars, Terminator, etc.), and are unwilling to invest any time in following an arc-driven series like Babylon 5 or Crusade.
[/list]</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Tell me about it. I know hardly anyone who watches sci-fi. Occasionally I run across someone who likes Buffy, but that's usually more of a "Isn't Spike cute when he doesn't wear a shirt" rather than, "How do you feel about the use of demons ass metaphors for everday troubles" discussion.

That's why I love the net. I can come online and talk rto my heart's content about all aspects of just about any show I watch.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Happy Phantom:
<font color=yellow>rather than, "How do you feel about the use of demons ass metaphors for everday troubles" discussion.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

demons ass metaphors ??? /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>demons ass metaphors ??? /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Who's talking about my ass behind my back?! Anyway, Spike IS cute without his shirt... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Demon:
<font color=yellow>Who's talking about my ass behind my back?! Anyway, Spike IS cute without his shirt... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Damn me and my typos! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif My posts should really carry some kind of warning regarding my lack of typing skills!

And, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't indulge in the occasional "Phwooar" speak. Just that sometimes it's nice to go a little deeper.

I know what you mean I love Babylon 5 and would hate to see it leave the air and think scifi gets a bad rap I only wish I could turn on more people I know to get to lovin B5 as much as I do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back