B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 17th 01, 12:49   #1
G Kar of the Kha Ri
First One

Send a message via ICQ to G Kar of the Kha Ri Send a message via AIM to G Kar of the Kha Ri
I Just Want To Say....

I just want to say that I am very happy to have found a place where B5 is appreciated so much. Actually, very happy isn't quite right, but I cannot put this feeling into words. I only wish I had more friends where I live that could love B5 as much as I do. Sadly enough, most don't even really like sci-fi. Now fantasy, that is different. But sci-fi, it just doesn't get the love it needs. Anyways, I just wanted to proclaim my fondness for you all! P.S. This is a wee bit late in coming. I should've done it earlier, but it slipped my mind.

------------------
--Garibaldi-- "Maybe they should've labeled the future 'Some Assembly Required'."
G Kar of the Kha Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th 01, 04:41   #2
Sinclair

Re: I Just Want To Say....

I know exactly what you mean! I only have one friend that I know of that likes B5, but he doesn't watch it on a regular basis and is never quite sure of what is going on. Coming here gives me the opportunity to intereact with others that have the same knowledge or more of B5 than I do. It also gives me a chance to help others out who don't know as much it. Meeting people with common interests all over the world is really exciting and it's always fun to meet new people.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th 01, 23:39   #3
raven2032
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G Kar of the Kha Ri:
I only wish I had more friends where I live that could love B5 as much as I do.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree completly I have two friends who like Sci-fi. Being that they have no cable or satalite, their veiwing is limited to UPN and the X-files.

------------------
What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack'?"

"Cats."

"Cats. I'm being nibbled to death by cats."
raven2032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 01, 01:48   #4
GideonsMine
Dead Account

Oddly, my hubby loves sci fi too. So if it weren't for my household and these boards I wouldn't have anyone either.

Long live the Sci Fi channel, the only reason i pay $120 a month for digital cable.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)
GideonsMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th 02, 06:56   #5
G Kar of the Kha Ri
First One

Send a message via ICQ to G Kar of the Kha Ri Send a message via AIM to G Kar of the Kha Ri

Here it is, nearly a year later, and the young B5LR novice has become a B5LR master. And I still hold by what I said back then!
G Kar of the Kha Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th 02, 13:45   #6
Wanderer
First One

*Claps
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th 02, 15:57   #7
KoshN

Just wanted to add that I personally know only three people locally who like Babylon 5 &amp; Crusade. All the rest of my acquaintances either:
<ul type="square">[*] have their minds completely closed and rusted shut on the topic of Sci-Fi (won't accept any of it, even as fiction). They are plebians who limit their concerns to only the things of the real world that they see as directly affecting them, or[*] like only some mainstream Sci-Fi TV or movies (e.g. Trek, Star Wars, Terminator, etc.), and are unwilling to invest any time in following an arc-driven series like Babylon 5 or Crusade.[/list]
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st 02, 20:39   #8
**DONOTDELETE**

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>Just wanted to add that I personally know only three people locally who like Babylon 5 &amp; Crusade. All the rest of my acquaintances either:
<ul type="square">[*] have their minds completely closed and rusted shut on the topic of Sci-Fi (won't accept any of it, even as fiction). They are plebians who limit their concerns to only the things of the real world that they see as directly affecting them, or[*] like only some mainstream Sci-Fi TV or movies (e.g. Trek, Star Wars, Terminator, etc.), and are unwilling to invest any time in following an arc-driven series like Babylon 5 or Crusade.[/list]</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Tell me about it. I know hardly anyone who watches sci-fi. Occasionally I run across someone who likes Buffy, but that's usually more of a "Isn't Spike cute when he doesn't wear a shirt" rather than, "How do you feel about the use of demons ass metaphors for everday troubles" discussion.

That's why I love the net. I can come online and talk rto my heart's content about all aspects of just about any show I watch.
Old March 31st 02, 20:44   #9
KoshN

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Happy Phantom:
<font color=yellow>rather than, "How do you feel about the use of demons ass metaphors for everday troubles" discussion.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

demons ass metaphors ??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st 02, 21:28   #10
Demon
Dead Account

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>demons ass metaphors ??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Who's talking about my ass behind my back?! Anyway, Spike IS cute without his shirt... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote