• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Strange Tales of B5: Londo Mollari, P.I. ~ Part 1

Deep in the bowels of Babylon 5's Down Below, trouble brews. Reports of suspicious activities and mysterious disappearances have made station security more alert. Unfortunately for them, the culprit behind all of this is beyond their grasp. Only one man, and his faithful sidekick, will be able to deduce the terrible truth. One man, whose courage knows no bounds. One man, whose intelligence is on par with the greatest detectives of our time. This man is...

LONDO MOLLARI, P.I.!!!

*Insert Magnum, P.I. theme*

Our story begins in the area of B5 most commonly referred to as Down Below. A haven for the unfortunate, Down Below is unsurprisingly crime riddled. Most disturbances are usually broken up by security, or simply ignored. This time, however, events have occured that have drawn the attention of Security Chief Michael Garibaldi. Garibaldi was an ingenious fellow, capable of many things. Sitting in his chair, Garibaldi spun in circles, waiting for the computer to access a file for him. As the computer's artificial voice notified the oh-so-bored security chief, his second, a chap named Zack Allan, entered. "Chief, we've found another scene," informed Allan. "Another? That makes three in only two days, or what can be called a day. Anyway, hold on while I read this file." Garibaldi turned to the monitor and skimmed through the information. "Well, it looks like Zimmerman's alibi checks out," said Garibaldi in a disappointed voice. Standing up, he motioned for Zack to show the way to the latest crime scene. About twelve minutes later, Garibaldi and Zack arrived at their destination. "What've we got?" asked Garibaldi. "Well, we kinda lucked out on this one. Our missing person appears to be a Larry Loraln. The mystery assailant seemed to have forgotten to pick up Mr. Loraln's ID," began Zack. "Why would our guy want such a low-level scumbag as Loraln?" Garibaldi asked skeptically. "I dunno, Chief. Looking back on the few victims whose names we got, he's not too picky." Nodding, the chief of security examined the area. The trash-strewn corridor seemed like any other in Down Below, but the reported disappearance and the ID led all involved to suspect the individual who had already struck several times. "I suppose that the only thing we can do is wait until some good evidence turns up." "You sure, Chief? I mean, there's a big chance that this'll continue. Shouldn't we try and stop this guy before it happens again?" Garibaldi scowled. "Yeah, I know. I don't like this any better than you do, but we just don't have any leads. This guy's striking at random, and he's abducting at random." While the two of them worried, a figure lurked in the shadows, watching, waiting.

"Londo, are you there?" asked Vir Cotto, standing in the doorway of Londo's quarters. The lights were off, and Vir was quite nervous. "Londo?" he asked again. Vir reached across to the wall panel, fumbling for the light switch. Upon locating it, Vir slowly turned the lights on. The sight before him was horrifying. Things were scattered all over the floor, and pieces of furniture were overturned. The unmoving form of Londo Mollari lay in the middle. "Ahhh! Londo!" cried Vir. As if by command, Londo sat up. "Great Maker! Why are you shouting, Vir?" Vir jumped, startled by the suddenness of everything. "What? What is it?" "I th-thought you w-were dead!" stammered Vir. Curious, Londo glanced at the mess scattered around the room. "Oh, this. I guess I had a bit too much brivari last night. Yes?" Vir actually managed a small, choked laugh before he collapsed into a chair, which was now no longer where it had once been, having been pushed to the right about five feet. He landed with a loud thud on the floor. "Owowowowow!" After a moment, Vir climbed back to his feet and managed to sit in the chair this time. "Well, you must be here for a reason. Do you wish to explain?" "What? Oh... yes. You know about those incidents in Down Below?" "Yes. What about them?" "Well, I've learned of a person who is looking for you. He needs help with something involving those things in Down Below." "Fah, it is probably just a friend or relative of one of the missing, looking for revenge." "But Londo, we could use the work." "Eh, I need to rethink this. We've only had five major jobs. Everything else has been, how do the Humans put it? Something about tiny things that grow underground." "Potatoes, sir?" "No, that isn't it. Anyway, they've been petty jobs." "But we've helped so many people! Doesn't that make you feel good?" "Not particularly, Vir." Vir 'tsk'ed and frowned. "Great Maker...," sighed Londo, "I suppose I can give it a try. Where can I find this individual?" "He's been wandering around the Zocalo, I think." "Very well. To the Zocalo, Vir."

Meanwhile, Londo's rival, G'Kar, was having a nice meal of fresh spoo and breen. This was, of course, taking place in the Zocalo for the sake of adding another humorous scene to our tale. "My, what a good day! Good food, good fun, and best of all, no Mollari!" Marcus Cole, who was having a drink, shook his head and smiled. "You know, you shouldn't be so hard on Londo. He's not that bad." G'Kar laughed. "That is true, I guess. Still, I do love annoying him!" "Well speak of the devil, look who's here." Marcus pointed out the approaching Londo. G'Kar groaned as Londo sat down beside him. "Why, hello G'Kar. It's nice to see that you're still with us." "Oh, do shut up, Mollari!" "Fah, is that any way to treat your favorite Centauri?" "No, but you aren't my favorite Centauri. Why are you here, anyway?" "I am looking for a client. I've heard that he's around here somewhere." "Yes, yes, I had almost forgotten about your little detective agency." Londo nodded. "If it's not too much trouble, could you, perhaps, help me find him?" "Eh, he's over there," said G'Kar, pointing toward a man dressed in gray, "He's been going on for about an hour now." "I suppose I owe you some gratitude for that. Maybe you'll get it, if I can spare it." G'Kar grimaced and stood up. "Gah, I'm going to check on the diplomatic proceedings with the Brakiri. Have a bad day, Mollari," said G'Kar venomously. After G'Kar had departed, Londo had Vir go fetch the man in gray. "You know," Londo said, addressing Marcus, "I do love annoying him!" Marcus started to laugh, but was silenced by a dozen roses thrown at him by B5's commander, Susan Ivanova. "Again? You'd think that she would give up and admit that she's madly in love with me." Londo was about to say something witty and profound, but Vir returned with the man before he could utter a single word. "Ummm, Mr. Mollari?" "Yes?" "I need your help. A friend of mine has gone missing, and I'd like you to find him." "Really now? Alright then. Just give me what I need to know." The man smiled, and Londo was briefly reminded of Morden. Not good, thought Londo.

~TO BE CONTINUED~

So, how was it? Was it good? Did it suck? Does it have potential? Gimme your opinions!

------------------
"An empty eye sees through to an empty heart." --G'Kar-- "The Long Night"

"I found no love at the antique market, just hopeless couples muttering about the family unit, the family unit, the family- shut up." --Bruce McCulloch-- "The Kids in the Hall"

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." --G'Kar-- "Hour of the Wolf"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes." --Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." --Zhuge Liang, 3rd century C.E.

I'm very much looking forward to knowing what happens next.

Londo as a private detective... this is just too cute.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge

Amusing!!!!! Certainly a different twist...more soon, I hope.

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Looks fun so far.
smile.gif

One question: You plan to have any scampering or drape buring in your story?
laugh.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

You have CAPURTERD the caracters very well.
*Throws a cage over Mollari*
HAH! Gotcha! *Throws some food in for him*
I'll name you wiggles. Wiggles is a cute name.

Very nice, potential, much potential.

------------------
Let's build a snowman! He'll be our best friend! We can make him tall, or we can make him NOT so tall! WE CAN NAME HIM SHANNON BILLY BOB OR JILL!-Swan 'Cannibal:The Musical'

*imitating Mr. Burns*

Excellent.

------------------
"An empty eye sees through to an empty heart." --G'Kar-- "The Long Night"

"I found no love at the antique market, just hopeless couples muttering about the family unit, the family unit, the family- shut up." --Bruce McCulloch-- "The Kids in the Hall"

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." --G'Kar-- "Hour of the Wolf"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes." --Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." --Zhuge Liang, 3rd century C.E.

Very good, G'Kar! I love the thought of Londo being a secret agent...

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

Could you perhaps write another one in NC17, about Gkar the pimp and his happy hoes?
laugh.gif

------------------
I am Yu Lau! I am nobody's bitch! You are mine!

I usually avoid fanfic like the plague, but out of curiousity I took a look since I can't resist anything about Londo.

Once you get past the strange idea of Londo being a PI it's actually pretty good so far.

------------------
"And what is it that you're getting Adira, a washed up old republican, dreaming of better days?" - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

Awwwww...FanFic is grrreat!

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"
- Jeffrey Sinclair

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back