B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old August 11th 01, 03:08   #21
Dean Marshall
Ranger

Re: LOTR cast comes here: COOL!

Thanks Kribu and AndrewSwallow, I'll check it out!

And Tammy, I thought I'd be nervous as well. He made it easy.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I wonder if that means that he's lurked here himself. That would be surprising if he has, because he tends to stay aware from any sites with "story ideas". OTOH, it's possible that he's just looked at the news items on the B5LR front page, without actually visiting the forums.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are one. He's out here like the rest of us. He just doesn't have as much time on his hands. Of course, that's an assumption based in fiction....pure spec..

Dean

------------------
Dean Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 01, 03:28   #22
bakana
Dead Account

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
"No boom?"
"No boom."
"No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow. What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here. Boom, sooner or later. BOOM!"

Garibaldi, Sinclair, and Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Grail"

"Ambassador. Do you really want to know what's going on down there right now?"
"Yes, absolutely."
"Boom. Boom, boom, boom. Boom, boom. BOOM! Have a nice day."

Ivanova and Londo in Babylon 5:"A Voice in the Wilderness #2"

"As long as the trigger keeps transmitting, no boom."

Robert J. Carlson to Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

"So the next time we find out where the Shadows plan to strike, we can mine the area, and as soon as they come out of hyperspace .."
"Then, as you so concisely say, boom."

Ivanova and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Z'ha'dum" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, for what it's worth, the distress call Sheridan sent out that lured in the Black Star was Real.
The engines were disabled.
Even if the Minbari didn't find them, the asteroids would batter the ship into scrap sooner or later.

And, the Minbari were in the habit of destroying any damaged ship they found. They didn't take prisoners.

So, they mined the asteroids and sent the distress call. Because they were dead either way. But, the bombs gave them a chance to destroy the Minbari and still be alive when the rescue ships arrived.

It worked.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?
bakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 01, 05:07   #23
RW7427

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
And then there's the immortal Ivanova line about boom... "No boom today, boom tomorrow. There is always a boom tomorrow." (Sorry if that went wrong, quoting from memory here.)

Yes, boom has a very specific meaning in B5.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Kribu, is correct, and so is hypatia. The word "boom" and booms themselves do play a rather significant part in B5, so pardon us Dave if we seem a little funny on that. Say a word like "boom" and most of us think those things, like Ivanova's line and Sheridan dropping nukes on Z'Ha'dum! I guess we fans here are just a little B5 crazy!

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 01, 05:17   #24
Psi-Kid
First One

Send a message via AIM to Psi-Kid

Just A little Crazy?!!! Yeah right!!! Try about totally crazy!!! Myself included!!

------------------
I'll tell them that we're declaring war on earth. That'll give them something positive to think about." Delenn-The Ragged Edge

Oh, and Mundanes and school Suck.
Psi-Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 01, 05:49   #25
Dean Marshall
Ranger

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Dean, Dean, Dean. Don't you know that "boom boom" must mean two nulear devices going off? Especially after Sheridan! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me more! I've been playing catch up as well and have seen about 20 episodes completely out of sequence on the Space station.

Did he drop a couple on enemy forces or was this when he out-smarted the Minbari with the "broken wing trick" and blew up one of their flag ships?

Enquiring cast want to know!

Dean

------------------
Dean Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 01, 05:57   #26
Kribu
Administrator

Spoilers ahead... won't bother with the box this time.
One was indeed the time he blew up the Black Star, earning the nickname Starkiller.
Two - he took a couple of nukes to Z'ha'Dum with him and blew up the Shadow city/base, together with his darling wife Anna, a nice man called Justin who offered him tea and biscuits, and a number of the Shadows.
Three - he took a nuke and blew up a gate to another dimension in the movie
Thirdspace, together with a number of enemy ships.

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 01, 05:58   #27
GKarsEye
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:
Tell me more! I've been playing catch up as well and have seen about 20 episodes completely out of sequence on the Space station.

Did he drop a couple on enemy forces or was this when he out-smarted the Minbari with the "broken wing trick" and blew up one of their flag ships?

Enquiring cast want to know!

Dean

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dean, I shall do my best.

During the Earth-Minbari war, 10 years before B5 takes place, the only decisive victory for Earth was when John Sheridan sent out a distress signal to lure the Minbari flagship into an asteroid field. The Minbari thought they were going to get an easy kill. Sheridan had placed some fusion bombs on the asteroids, resulting in the destruction of the ship. Boom.

At the end of season 3, Sheridan went to Z'ha Dum, the Shadows' homeworld, on a Whitestar with his ex-wife who had become a Shadow flunky. Un-be-knownst to her and anyone else, he took two nuclear warheads with him. Pursued by Shadows in one of the planet's mahor cities and trapped between his enemies and a cliff, he sent a command to the Whitestar, with nukes and all, to crash on top of him before jumping to his death. Boom.

Johny Sheridan likes to blow shit up.

The word 'boom' itself comes from a popular line from Ivanova. "Boom. There's always a boom. No boom today, boom tomorrow." Or something like that.

See, now I spared you the effort and time of watching the show.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 01, 19:10   #28
Quagmire
First One

One interesting thing about the Ivanova quote, I don't recall if it's the boom boom or the no boom today one, is that it came from listening to something CC said at lunch. She had been talking about a question she asked her parents about the timing of her, uhhh, development and that was the answer she got. If you watch the scene take notice of her hands and how she animates the booms to get a good laugh. They're cupped towards her and fly away from her chest.

So be forewarned that anything you say within earshot of JMS could very well end up in a script.

The one boom quote came from the season one two parter, A Voice in the Wilderness. When Ivanova is asked whats happening on the planet below and she gives the answer boom, boom, boom-boom.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 01, 19:17   #29
Kribu
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:
edit: Sorry Kribu, you could just as well be a woman, didn't mean to assume..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL.

Didn't even notice it at first, but your edit assumption is the correct one. Hence the pic of a *female* Narn.

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th 01, 20:16   #30
Thrawn
First One

Originally postaed by Dean Marshall
-----------------------
"boom boom"
Whadidya think it meant?
Dean
------------------------

I thought you were saying you want to be like the Legendary Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington. Welcome back, welcome back........ n/m

also Kribu likes fresh spoo, but don't hold it against her. Hold some aged spoo against her, that'll make her your friend for life!!!

BTW, just in case you aren't sure, Spoo is a Centauri delicacy. The proper serving suggestion varies from aged to fresh( :mad

------------------
THRAWN
Official ambassador
to Babylon 5 from The People's Republic of Haven.

"Grandpa, there's only 49 stars on this Flag."
"I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missoura."
- Marge & Grandpa

If you go to http://pub79.ezboard.com/fbabylon5th...therangersfrm8 you can post at my board.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote