B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old August 10th 01, 18:05   #11
crazybillyo
First One

Send a message via ICQ to crazybillyo Send a message via AIM to crazybillyo
Re: LOTR cast comes here: COOL!

Ok. Sheridan used nukes four times throughout the series. I'll put these a spoiler box just in case (highlight to read):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
1) Sheridan nuked the BlackStar, the Minbari's flagship, during the Earth Minbari war about a decade before the first ep of B5. It was the only real victory Earth had during the war. He mined a couple of asteroids and drew the Minbari ship in by pretending to be totally defenseless (which wasn't too far off, they weren't in very good shape anyway).

2) During the end of the shadow war, Sheridan mined some asteroids with nukes AGAIN, in order to get the shadows and Vorlon's attention. The Shadows and the Vorlons ignored all the other lower races when they came to Coriana six. And what do you expect? Those younger races are like ants to them ).

3) Sheridan used a nuke to destroy the Thirdspace artifact from the movie of the same name.

4) On Z'Ha'Dum, he put 2 nukes on a white star and crashed the White Star into Z'Ha'Dum's capital, effectively drawing the Shadows away from B5 (well, that's not the only reason).

</font></td></tr></table>

Hope that helps. I typed it kinda fast, might've missed a detail here or there.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.
crazybillyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th 01, 18:19   #12
hypatia
First One

Actually, "boom boom" does fit Ivanova perfectly, doesn't it? Wasn't there a time later in the series when she says "boom" and then reapeats it louder "BOOM" ??

I'll try not to scare the B5LR guests anymore! I imagine they will have their own "boom booms" to come here.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th 01, 18:58   #13
Dean Marshall
Ranger

Thanks for the references folks. Fuel for the fire!

I'm the covert operation, infiltrations guy, so if the series goes and they don't replace me with a monkey, maybe JMS will let me blow up lots of things to give the nick-name more weight!

I remembered the BlackStar incident from "In The Beginning" which I thought was a brilliant openning.

Peter Jurasiks' work on his character Londo blew me away and inspired me.

Andreas Katsulas was completely focused, grounded and believable with great underarm deoderant cuz you never saw him sweat. Like JMS, he mentors without mentoring, if one can use that word in such a way.

It was a pleasure to see his early work. It was unforgetable to do a scene with the man. It wasn't a large scene but I think he spit on me when he talked so I took the sample to a lab to extract his DNA code for eventual cloning.....

On a serious note: Can anyone tell me what episode G'Kar gave his Declaration of Principles? I've read the speech on-line and would love to know the context surrounding it.

Dean

------------------
Dean Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th 01, 19:03   #14
Kribu
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:
On a serious note: Can anyone tell me what episode G'Kar gave his Declaration of Principles? I've read the speech on-line and would love to know the context surrounding it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless I'm completely mistaken, it's No Compromises - 1st episode of Season 5.

Edit note: On second thoughts, it may have been Paragon of Animals instead, which would be episode 3 of season 5.
------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

[This message has been edited by Kribu (edited August 10, 2001).]
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th 01, 19:11   #15
crazybillyo
First One

Send a message via ICQ to crazybillyo Send a message via AIM to crazybillyo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I remembered the BlackStar incident from "In The Beginning" which I thought was a brilliant openning. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about the series opening? Technically, ItB didn't air first until season 5 began. ItB reveals a lot about B5, and I don't think it should be watched until the end of S4 or S5 at the earliest.

But you are undeniably right, In the Beginning was just too cool.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.
crazybillyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th 01, 19:23   #16
Dean Marshall
Ranger

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Are you talking about the series opening? Technically, ItB didn't air first until season 5 began. ItB reveals a lot about B5, and I don't think it should be watched until the end of S4 or S5 at the earliest.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately ItB was the crash course for some of us. It was an amazing crash course alright.

Can anyone help Kribu confirm his theory on G'Kar's Declarations?

Dean

edit: Sorry Kribu, you could just as well be a woman, didn't mean to assume..

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dean Marshall (edited August 10, 2001).]
Dean Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th 01, 19:26   #17
Kribu
Administrator

Dean, now that I think of it, I'm fairly sure that it was The Paragon of Animals.

But you should watch No Compromises first, to get the context - and to see how Sheridan asks G'Kar to write the thing. It's quite funny.

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th 01, 19:31   #18
gkarfan
Dead Account

Dean, I've met Andreas personally, & I was terrified to meet him because I'm such a fan, & he's such an amazing actor! But Andreas was so nice that I ended up being okay.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation
gkarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th 01, 22:26   #19
**DONOTDELETE**

The Declaration of Principles was in 'the Paragon of Animals', third program of Season 5.

------------------
Andrew Swallow
Old August 10th 01, 22:41   #20
Chris Springob
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:
We're relatively new to b5lr and were put on their trail by The Grand PooBah of Sci-fi himself, JMS. His instructions were," Check them out, their kinda cool. They got stuff on ya." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if that means that he's lurked here himself. That would be surprising if he has, because he tends to stay aware from any sites with "story ideas". OTOH, it's possible that he's just looked at the news items on the B5LR front page, without actually visiting the forums.

------------------
Chris Springob is offline   Reply With Quote