B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 8th 10, 19:42   #21
B5_Obsessed
First One

Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

This show is in the unusual position that depending on how it ends, it can retroactively suck.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th 10, 04:15   #22
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
I'd laugh if the show ends making no sense at all and the whole show is presented as having been a giant Dharma Initiative experiment to see how long people would watch something that didn't make sense.
At this point, that's about the only ending that would work for me. They totally need to do that.
Old March 9th 10, 04:16   #23
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5_Obsessed View Post
This show is in the unusual position that depending on how it ends, it can retroactively suck.
LOL
Old March 10th 10, 13:39   #24
Belbo
Ranger

So, what did everyone think of (The Very Long Night of) Dr Linus?

If Emerson doesn't pick up another support actor Emmy (or nomination, at least) on the strength of it I'll be seriously surprised ....
Belbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th 10, 14:04   #25
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbo View Post
So, what did everyone think of (The Very Long Night of) Dr Linus?

If Emerson doesn't pick up another support actor Emmy (or nomination, at least) on the strength of it I'll be seriously surprised ....
Loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Linus!

er... I mean, Linus!

I'm totally digging the whole aftermath of Jacob's death thing.

It's interesting that the 3 characters that have always been the absolute heroes- Hurley, Jack and Sun- are now allied with Ben and Richard. Also that Miles said Jacob was hoping, right up to death, that Ben would not disappoint him- as if he needed to be more "pure" or something- seems like Jacob's side is attracting all the goody-two-shoes by design (Ben and Richard being there sort of by accident only as a result of his death) and Lock-thing is attracting people with morally checkered histories, like Sayid and Kate.

Many fans have been looking forward to a supposedly upcoming Richard-centric episode. Though I would enjoy that, too, I really feel like he gave us enough of his backstory to get the feel of the man. Really, the big mystery with Richard is solved- he came on the Black Rock centuries ago, Jacob used his super-powers to make him effectively immortal and to be his servant. We don't really need a Richard-centric episode at this point now but that's not to say I wouldn't enjoy one anyway.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE ONLY IMPORTANT PART OF MY POST

..because I was thinking last night, you know, we have these magical powers and creatures and also dead people talking to Hurley and Miles (sorta). And now Jacob with the ability to make men immortal. I am hoping they could actually tie the story in with an explanation as to how that stuff is possible. Like Jacob and maybe his enemy have some connection to death, or "life energy" or souls or whatever the hell. Right now we're accepting Miles' and Hurley's abilities as psychic mumbo-jumbo, but it feels to me like at this point they could actually work some sort of Star Trek-y explanation into how it relates to everything.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th 10, 14:23   #26
Sindatur
Techno-mage

<GASP> GKE is looking forward to a Star Trek-y explanation of LOST </GASP>

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th 10, 16:05   #27
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

We've got a couple reviews of this episode up on Republibot, one by me, and the other by R2. They're on the main page, so check 'em out if you're interested: http://www.republibot.com
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th 10, 17:21   #28
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli

I'm still looking forward to the Richard episode, also if the big question was answered .. simply because that episode could be anything. It could be set in 19th century England, if they'll do the flashback thing again .. but if they stick to the current format (... flash-sideways?), who knows what or where it will be. So far this season has shown how things were changed by the actions of the protagonists - most people never came to the island, Ben never came back after being evacuated.

But where was Richard when the nuke went off? The original 70s Richard was still somewhere on the island, and did not evacuate with everyone else unless I'm completely mistaken. A Richard episode might show how the island ended up at the bottom of the ocean in the new timeline, if it shows what happeend to the original him after the blast.

Also looking forward to the Jin and Sun episode coming soon - which might explain how Jin got in the freezer.

Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th 10, 18:47   #29
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
But where was Richard when the nuke went off? The original 70s Richard was still somewhere on the island, and did not evacuate with everyone else unless I'm completely mistaken. A Richard episode might show how the island ended up at the bottom of the ocean in the new timeline, if it shows what happeend to the original him after the blast.
Oooh, nice one, hadn't considered they could use a Richard episode to explain the sunken island from the premiere, that does sound fun.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th 10, 00:01   #30
B5_Obsessed
First One

LOST word of the day:

Jablonies
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote