• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 DVD's in HMV sale...

Re: B5 DVD\'s in HMV sale...

Went and got mine today. Never one to pass up a twenty pound reduction.

In the middle of watching 'Between the Darkness and the Light' at the moment, then 'Endgame'. Marcus' greatest hour. <sniff> :(

Yeah got my copy of season 4, but i hate the new look box sets, they are so flimpsy and the dvd case are too heavy and fall out easily. why change them, the others were great.

Yeah got my copy of season 4, but i hate the new look box sets, they are so flimpsy and the dvd case are too heavy and fall out easily. why change them, the others were great.
The old DVD holders scratched the disks forcing them to be replaced.

A box with a lid may be better.

I've got all 6 sets (US) and I don't think it's the holder, I think it's poor quality in packing, because upon opening the sets, and properly seating the disks, they stay seated, they don't pop off the holder.

I've got all 6 sets (US) and I don't think it's the holder, I think it's poor quality in packing, because upon opening the sets, and properly seating the disks, they stay seated, they don't pop off the holder.
In sorting offices postmen throw parcels several feet into the sack for each town. I suspect that you do not throw your boxes.

In sorting offices postmen throw parcels several feet into the sack for each town. I suspect that you do not throw your boxes.

True, :p however, I do shake the box to make sure it is properly seated. Also, newly packed, if properly seated, the "book" would seal tightly, and should be no way for the DVDs to jump off the spindle.

got up to 'intersections in real time' (worse season 4 ep) and i hate the new box's, the disc's folders keep falling out!! and the outer box ain't gonna be strong enough over years, bring back the old one's. i haven't had any probs with them, even with postmen!

We got the new one but they dont have season 5 yet :( has it been released over here yet.
And re the sale I saw some DVDs in there that I brought a year ago for 80squid for to but they were only 40 for two in there I almost cried!

We got the new one but they dont have season 5 yet :( has it been released over here yet.
And re the sale I saw some DVDs in there that I brought a year ago for 80squid for to but they were only 40 for two in there I almost cried!

I know what you mean. Sometimes sales are not that mcuh fun at all. With regards to box sets, it almost always pays to wait a few months if you can. I've yet to complete my Farscape set as i am waiting for them to come down...

I'm looking forward to finally completing (and seeing) my B5 collection. For the moment, its Farscape Im waiting for. I've bought all of series 4 and am waiting for my series 3 to arrive... so that I can watch Peacekeeper wars :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back