• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 2(Spoilers Within)

Truth_Seeker

Regular
I tried to find an old thread about S2 of "Battlestar Galactica" but I couldn't so I decided to start a new one.I've been watching the show for two weeks now and I think it's great.I can say that it's now second in my list of top Sci Fi shows after B5.Just love at first sight.

The last episode I watched was the one where Battlestar "Pegasus" arrives and everything goes to h**l.When Adama and Cain ordered their fleets to go out and prepare to engage and the two Viper squadrons were two seconds away from a civil war and probably the end of the human race I thought that the cylons are not far away from the truth-people are masters of self destruction.

I can't wait to get to Season 4 and participate in the discussion.

Last edited:
Hey there Truthseeker! Nice to see you on season 2 already. The Battlestar Pegasus rocks! It kicks so much butt. :) Admiral Caine is a nice one, isn't she. (hahaha)

When you are done with season 3, don't forget to watch the movie: Razor. It has to do with the Pegasus and what the crew went through after the initial attack as well as draws some stories together between season 3 and 4. It really was well-done.

LINK HERE

Season 2 has some of the best moments within, imho. Scar and Downloaded are two of my all time favorites. In Downloaded, you get to see how the cylons "download" and what happens. Kind of from the Cylon-point of view in a sense.

And Scar deals with a troublesome raider that becomes quite a nuisance.

Have fun! and continue to keep us updated. Nothing like reliving such a great series through the eyes of a new viewer.

And be prepared for a huge jump between season 2 and 3. It freaked some of us out, but.... faith manages. You're in good hands and season 3 kicks serious butt (at least in the beginning.)

Thanks Alluveal:).I'm watching 4-5 episodes each day and it's getting better and better.Unfortunately when I get to the end of all the aired episodes I'll have to wait a whole week to see a new one but that's life.

See you around.

Yeah, it's one of the only shows I actually watch in "network time," besides House. Most I'll wait for DVD because I hate cliffhangers. BSG is special, though. Can't wait for you to catch up too.

So say we all.....

I thought season 2 was pretty much the same as the rest. Some of the filler eps in season 2 were the worst, imho (i.e Black Market comes to mind.)

I need to rewatch it, though. All of it, from the start.

So far Season 2 is just awsome.There are some stand alones that could be skipped but generally every episode is important for the story arc.I think the most boring one was "Colonial Day" from the first season.

The end of the season was really surprising.I can compare it to B5's "The Fall Of Night" where everything started to fall apart.I still can't quite understand Baltar's agenda.It seems that the Number Six in his mind does not take the decisions for him but she's only influencing him to take his own wrong decisions.But why on earth did he agree to give the real Number Six a nuclear war head knowing that it will be used against the fleet.Or maybe he's simply crazy.I can't understand this.

The third season must be hard for the characters on New Caprica who were occupied by the Cylons and for the crews of Galactica and Pegasus.It will be interesting.

Last edited:
Yeah, Baltar is a piece of work, isn't he? Hahaha.

The New Caprica stuff is very interesting (at least I thought so.) It had some similarities to what's going on in today's politics (in the Middle East especially,) and that got a bunch of peoples' panties in a bind. I think it was Season 3 where I realized that Tigh was one of my favorite characters--hands down.

And as for the Pegasus. Whew. Yeah. Baby. Wait for "Exodus Part 2." You'll see what a battlestar can really do and you'll see another huge similarity with a big moment in B5.

Also, did you catch the "websides" that were released on the main site prior to season 3. They are a few minutes long and they help to fill some stuff in.

Last edited:
And as for the Pegasus. Whew. Yeah. Baby. Wait for "Exodus Part 2." You'll see what a battlestar can really do and you'll see another huge similarity with a big moment in B5.

Yeah... the Beast and the Bucket both really shine in this episode...in one case, quite literally.

Yeah... the Beast and the Bucket both really shine in this episode...in one case, quite literally.

Galactica's nickname the Bucket is really accurate.The creators of the show did a good job in making the ship look very old.I remember when I watched the first episodes and I thought that CIC looks pretty much like the bridge of a World War II submarine where the command staff moves plastic models of the enemy ships and discusses the possible tactics.The bulky and heavy communicators with wires were also surprising but after all it was a museum ship before the attacks.

Well Galactica definitely takes more beatings and this season, the outside shots make it look like it's been through hell.

Back