• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What Happenned To B4 After The First Shadow War?

Truth_Seeker

Regular
I have been wondering for some time what was the destiny of Babylon 4 after the first Shadow War in 1260?Delenn didn't say that it was destroyed after the War so it is supposed to exist somewhere in Minbari space as a monument to Valen even in 2260.I suppose in the year when B4 was finished (2256 I think) there were actually two B4 stations for a short period of time.I know that time travel is not proven scientifically but based on what I've seen or read about it I think that all the time throughout the series(2258-2262) there probably was a 1000 years old B4 hidden somewhwre in Minbari space.

What do you think about this?

Last edited:
This is a very good question indeed. My guess is that it was damaged beyond repair in the first shadow war. Otherwise, the religious elite would have known it, and might have been able to identify humans earlier as the key race

The eventual fate of Babylon 4 was revealed in the comic story "In Valen's Name" that featured in the Official Babylon 5 Magazine.

Not saying any more than that for fear of generating spoilers.

Oh, where can I get my hands on those comics now? There weren't many in my area originally anyway, since English language comics aren't very popular. Finnish publishers and people who choose what to put on sale in bookstores are still under the impression that comics are for the under-15s, with the exception of Japanese manga.

I second everything Galahad has said. I got both the book and the comics and enjoyed them immensely. The book is a VERY fast read and it really gives you hope on many levels. The comics were a LOT of fun. I've read them numerous times. I know I should stow them away to save and protect, but I like readin' em. =)

Spoiler Question for Galahad. Do NOT READ if you don't want to know the fate of B4:

Spoiler for :
If I recall, B4 plunged into a planet, right? I'll have to go back and see.

New guy here. Just joined, there seems to be a problem regestering over at B5Tech and I was curious if there was a problem across the board.

B4 was in orbit around a planet, it's name escapes me at the moment, but it was allowed to burn and crasn into the planet.

I was waiting to see B5 do something similar to B4 while everyone was waiting to see it explode. Maybe that the Great Machine was saving it for the future...

James

Back