• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Joker won't be back for the third new batman movie

I've never seen any of his movies, but I was a little shaken because he was the same age as me. And I had been looking forward to the new Batman in any case as the previous one was quite decent. But it does sound like it was self-inflicted, even if it was a mistake.

The whole Mary Kate/Massage therapist thing was weird. Almost an hour passed (supposedly) between the time the massage therapist got there and the paramedics/police were called. It makes me wonder if they had been called first . . . .

No, I don't think so Alluveal, since it was about 3 in the afternoon or so if I recall right; he'd probably been dead for a few hours before the therapist even knocked on his door.

I mean, it's cool that Mary-Kate would send her people over... it's just odd that she's the first one the therapist contacted. I mean, when you've got a bit of a crisis, I think you'd want someone who's not going to blow away in a high wind.

I mean, it's cool that Mary-Kate would send her people over... it's just odd that she's the first one the therapist contacted. I mean, when you've got a bit of a crisis, I think you'd want someone who's not going to blow away in a high wind.

I'm not a celeb junkie, so I can't say I have followed this closely, but I am a news junkie, so I have heard some stuff. First, M-K Olsen was called, because one of her people is an EMT, an emergency medical technician, so that was a smart first call, because he could beat an ambulance. He put KL on the floor, and began heart massage right away. He was still there when the ambulance got there. Maybe they didn't call the ambulance as quickly as they should. I haven't seen a timeline.

The police have said that there were ONLY prescription drugs in the apartment, and that the sleeping pills were unopened. That last bit sounds strange to me. So, maybe somebody cleaned up before the cops got there, but it also remains possible this was not a drug OD. I don't think anyone should be assuming it was. Wait for the toxicology report. People can die, unexpectedly and suddenly, from pneumonia. That should have been apparent in an autopsy, unless there are other conditions that would look similar, and they are waiting for toxicology to be sure.

If this was the TV Show "Bones" or any of the 234895239485 CSI shows, they would have figured out every last detail of the incident by now, by testing air molecules or some shit.

If this was the TV Show "Bones" or any of the 234895239485 CSI shows, they would have figured out every last detail of the incident by now, by testing air molecules or some shit.

Ever heard of the "CSI Effect"? That's where juries refuse to convict because the police can't rustle up all that fancy (and incredibly expensive) forensic evidence.

Ever heard of the "CSI Effect"? That's where juries refuse to convict because the police can't rustle up all that fancy (and incredibly expensive) forensic evidence.

Yes we get that on this side of the pond as well... to the point where judges have commented upon it in their summaries.

Last I heard there was nothing untoward in his system. This was a tragic, tragic occurrence/accident and nothing more. As for the MKO part of the story, I have a friend who lives in LA and gets a lot of inside poop on things. There is an outside chance that Heath could've been saved had the massage therapist called 911 first since his housekeeper has just heard him snoring about 15 minutes earlier. This from my friend. More might have come out since I last spoke with him though.

Yes this will seriously alter my viewing of TDK since it's the role of the Joker that basically killed him. It has been clearly stated that he threw himself so deeply into the role and the darkness needed to play him that that's what started his insomnia and slow fall downward from sleeplessness and other illness. So we'll be seeing the role that basically killed him and would've catapulted him even higher as a star. Much like the afore mentioned Brandon Lee.

As a gay man, however, my misty tears of sadness where for him as an actor and specifically as the actor who moved being queer into a main stream never before seen with is Oscar nominated role in Brokeback Mountain. That role put tears in my eyes as did his passing. Many gay men teared up the day Heath Ledger died...because he had given them something special. And for that...I'll never forget him.

He would've been the next Johnny Depp (who is in talks to take over Heath's role in the new Terry Gilliam film which will allow Heath's work on the film to remain in it making it his last film role. see: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080125g.php ).

Gotta run!

CE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back