• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Chat Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike G

Is anyone else having a problem getting into the chatroom? I usually go to http://www.trutopia.net/chat.php and click on the PERL Interface and enter #B5TV, which brings me to the chat room. Recently it keeps giving the following error message:

*** An error occured: Connecting to IRC: No route to host

Anyone else having a problem?

When testing my new version of IRC client, I visited the chatroom both via the Java client and SIRC today. Worked fine then. Checking now...

Edit: tested both the PERL and Java interface. Can't try with SIRC, since it's on my Linux partition and I'm currently working under Windows.

PERL fails (at least with the first server) but Java works. If your computer has the Java Virtual Machine installed and your browser supports running Java applets, all should be fine.

The Java version doesn't seem to let me enter a chanel for some reason. When I click connect it says "Couldn't resolve server address paradise.trutopia.net"

:confused:

I really hate to do this, so blame me, when you PM him, ok?

But Chillbeserker really helped me out with this stuff when I couldn't get there. The place is Derian's, too, if I am not mistaken. A PM to them might help you work it out.

I use Pirch. I think it's paradise.trutopia.something for the server (sorry, something is obviously not right).

Chat room is joined by waiting a long time for it to connect (I'm on dial up though) and then when it's ready I type in "join/# B5TV"

not with the quotes.

Hmm. Sorry if this does not help.

If in one place, an address does resolve, but in another place, it does not... then domain name servers (DNS) linking domain names to IP addresses may be at fault.

Unfortunately at the moment, it seems that "paradise.trutopia.net" is not echoing my "ping" requests, which leaves me without a valuable diagnostic tool. The Java client and SIRC keep connecting alright. Definitely not server downtime -- but something related to accessing it.

The current IP address of "paradise.trutopia.net" resolved from here is "69.65.37.217". Do you possess an IRC client which would allow you to manually connect to that address, without using a host name?

Alternatively, could you try using the PERL interface but connecting to the second server? In addition, are you behind a firewall which blocks traffic on port 6667 (default IRC port)?

Just to clarify, this was a thread I made a long time ago to ask about our old chat room, not an actually thread for chating. I don't belive we have a chat room anymore. If your new and want to introduce your self start a new thread in off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back