• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Disturbing Image

Recoil

Regular
You know how on all of the B5 DVD Main Menus, that several different B5 characters "morph" into each other? I always thought that was kind of tacky and cheesy, but whatever. However, one of them I just noticed is extremely disturbing.

Try watching the Season 4 menu...and watch Marcus turn into Ivanova, and then back to Marcus again. Something about seeing her grow that mustache....

Its just....wrong.

You know how on all of the B5 DVD Main Menus, that several different B5 characters "morph" into each other? I always thought that was kind of tacky and cheesy, but whatever. However, one of them I just noticed is extremely disturbing.

Try watching the Season 4 menu...and watch Marcus turn into Ivanova, and then back to Marcus again. Something about seeing her grow that mustache....

Its just....wrong.

I agree on all fronts. They are rather tacky menus, and do produce freaky morphs, that frequently elicited either chuckles or cries of horror from me and the friend who last watched B5 with me. Marcvanova was indeed the worst. Although there was one where Sheridan grows breasts that never ceased to get a laugh.

Yea, that Marcus/Ivanova morph is pretty scary, there's a Talia/Gkar or Talia/Londo one I believe which is also pretty scary.

That morphing thing never was my favorite part. I wonder what the actors thought about it, especially the women. Don't get me wrong, I love G'kar, :Dbut I don't even want to think about morphing into him!

Its just....wrong.

All the morphs are freaky and I don't really like them. But that one in particularly is very interesting in that precisely in the middle of the morph, Marcus-Ivanova looks like circa-1975 George Harrison.

All the morphs are freaky and I don't really like them. But that one in particularly is very interesting in that precisely in the middle of the morph, Marcus-Ivanova looks like circa-1975 George Harrison.

Or this guy:

shearer_spinaltap.jpg

:p Remember that classic scene?

Its just....wrong.

I love those! They've come up with some really great combinations! :LOL:

Or this guy:

shearer_spinaltap.jpg

:p Remember that classic scene?

Who could ever forget Spinal Tap? :LOL:

Tip, guys: if you are going to use a cucumber to "look larger", take it out of the tin foil before you try to go through the metal detector at the airport. Or this might happen to you... :eek:

Who could ever forget Spinal Tap? :LOL:

Tip, guys: if you are going to use a cucumber to "look larger", take it out of the tin foil before you try to go through the metal detector at the airport. Or this might happen to you... :eek:

I never could work out why it was wrapped in tin foil, anyway.

Last edited:
Spinal Tap reference = Recoil is the man today

Check out the deleted scenes on the DVD, which includes one where the other two dudes are convincing him to stuff his pants for the stage image. Without it, it makes the scene you referenced look like a practical joke, but with it it's just another instance of one of them acting like a fool.

Poor guy, between that and the malfunctioning cocoon...

I'd have thought cling film (plastic wrap?) would have made more sense in that case. Clearly I'm just a newbie in the 'hiding vegetables in your underwear' world. :)

I've been told that I "walk like I have a radioactive zucchini in my pants," but I'm pretty sure I don't.

:) Some of the morphs were just a little freaky to watch, that's all!

And my goodness guys, didn't this topic take a :eek: :LOL: twisted turn there! :D You guys are too funny!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back