• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Episodes You Prefer To Skip?

The bit about his ex-girlfriend from years ago getting married, and the (then) Talia pipe dream...COME ON! It was so out of character for the guy. To be honest, he had nothing going for him in the show, relationship wise, up to that point, so I really DO believe he would have jumped on the first woman who threw herself at him.

In the real world the actors playing Garibaldi and Talia has just got married.

"Too aggressive" woman is a warning sign. At the best she is a prostitute. She could be something worse. What every she is she certainly does not love you.

Wow...been about a century since that attitude was A) common or B) acceptable.

Jan

Hyp, you tellin' me you can watch that episode and conclude Gairbaldi wasn't attracted to Dodger? Oh, he was attracted to Dodger.
And, you know, again- he specifically told her why he didn't want to do anything. Lise, Talia, blah blah.

But that's hardly the worst part of the episode, in my opinion. One of the hardest parts of the episode for me to believe is how helpless Delen acts when some soldiers start getting rough with her. Isn't she the same Delen who broke a man's finger for getting too inquisitive? Isn't she trained in self-defense? And aren't Minbari (male and female alike) physically stronger than humans? I'd have to think she'd put up a bit of a fear-inspiring fight rather than to just look meek and helpless in a situation like that.

If I'm getting my B5 timeline straight, this was shortly after her transformation into a human, so no, she wouldn't be stronger than any other human female.
But Delenn was just very unsure of herself at that time- the traumatic physical transformation, the rejection of some of her people and government, etc. If the events of Gropos had happened in say, season 3.5+, then yeah, she'd react differently. That's why that her big coming to the rescue scene with the Minbari war ships was so effective.

People talk about Londo's and G'Kar's character transformations all the time, but I think Delenn's is actually the most interesting. To go from this assured place in the world, with this "destiny" and these seemingly complete and perfect beliefs, than have to sacrifice practically everything for it, be broken down, transformed mentally, physically, rebuild yourself.

She was one ballsy lady :)

Garibaldi wasn't a moron for not wanting to do Dodger.

He was a moron for dragging her to his quarters, and THEN figuring it out. After making his intentions of getting her to bed clear, after making her get her hopes up.

Oh, and blabbering to a woman you're dragged to your place for a one-night-stand about past girlfriends, and failed loves, et cetera. Christ, not even I would be that stupid.

I've been emotionally yo-yoed like that. It sucks cock.

Last edited:
Much as I love Dilbert, I hardly think it should be seen as a authoritative source on the attitudes of men and women to each other.

:D

Sometimes, Andrew I think you need to either; use a smilie (if you are joking) or get a life (if you aren't).

And I actually thought the Garibaldi stuff in this episode worked well, particularly in the context of what we saw later. This is the guy, after all, who walked out on the love of his life to take up a job on a distant space station and then called years later in the midst of a crisis expecting just to be able to pick up where they left off and was surprised that she had got married in the meantime.

I'd say Garibaldi was one emotionally naive and screwed up puppy

Last edited:
If I'm getting my B5 timeline straight, this was shortly after her transformation into a human, so no, she wouldn't be stronger than any other human female.

Even after the transformation Delenn was still stronger than any human female and retained most, if not all, of her Minbari strength. This was shown really well when she snapped the guys finger in the bar like a twig, something that not even the strongest of human males can do unless they have the grip just right and pull down with a ton of torque. It was also portrayed in the fire wheel, where other Minbari males couldn't stand up to the fire and the heat, but Delenn was able to. If she had the strength of a human female I have no doubt she would have died or throw herself out of the circle a lot sooner.

Garibaldi wasn't a moron for not wanting to do Dodger.

He was a moron for dragging her to his quarters, and THEN figuring it out. After making his intentions of getting her to bed clear, after making her get her hopes up.

Oh, and blabbering to a woman you're dragged to your place for a one-night-stand about past girlfriends, and failed loves, et cetera. Christ, not even I would be that stupid.

Yeah, I agree with you, and GKE. This was totally out of character for Garibaldi, and very inconsiderate of him to lead Dodger on, if he really felt that way. The other important element is that Dodger well knew that she might not survive the coming fight. When I first saw this ep, I thought it was going to be a reversal of the old WWII movie thing, where the girl takes pity on the guy going of to war, and 'gives in' to him. That would have been funny...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back