B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old September 1st 22, 20:19   #11
LateArrival
Ambassador

Re: SECRET B5 project - completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
See, I'd say Tracy Scoggins, Andrea Thompson etc are main cast.

I'd imagine the Telepath War is near the top of the possible stories and might best suit the available cast members, but how do we know it's only one story? Maybe there are several stories, a bit like Lost Tales, there could be one set during the Shadow War with Ivanova and Marcus, for example, if JMS wanted to include Jason Carter.

Well, a year of speculation is going to be torturous, but presumably it's going to be a fairly big project if it's going to debut at SDCC. Hopefully we'll get more details before then.

Trick would be to know "where" and "when" the story was set. Telepath War would be AMAZING, but at present the only information (from posted photos and such) appears to be that Patricia Tallman, Bill Mumy, Claudia Christian, Bruce Boxleitner, and Peter Jurasik are involved. If it were voice-only work, other actors such as Tracy Scoggins, Andrea Thompson and Walter Koenig could have Found a Recording Booth closer to where they lived without having to to travel.

If I recall correctly, Lennier and Lyta both "died off-screen" during the Telepath War, so unless it's a flashback scene, would have to be before that point at least. Then again, Lyta could have faked her death as... Telepath, and Lennier could have done the same to continue serving Delenn in secret, etc. Anything is possible.

Story might be related to one of the three trilogy novels (Centauri, Techo-Mage, Telepath) or the Drakh War or TMOS, or possibly events spoken-of-but-not-previously-shown such as In The Beginning. Could also be Something New.

EDIT: How about... Something to do with the Drakh Plague, and the "cure" turns out to be... SPOO .
But on reflection, if the story takes place after Season 5 then Londo would be under the influence of a Keeper, which might complicate matters as he'd be both an ally and unwilling-enemy.

Last edited by LateArrival; September 2nd 22 at 02:58.
LateArrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st 22, 22:15   #12
hypatia
First One

My memory is kind of vague, but donít we know that Lennier died in the telepath war but Delenn survived it? If they wanted to do the Telepath War, theyíd have to find a reason for Lennier to be involved but not Delenn.

It would be great, and Iím guessing that a movie based on the Telepath War looks pretty much impossible at this point (if he wanted to use it as a reward for the original main cast). An animated version would be a way to finally tell that story, with a smaller budget and not having to deal with actors who have aged when the storyís timeline really canít let that happen.

Iím hoping for animated Telepath War.
Old September 4th 22, 16:03   #13
Looney
Psi Cop

I was going to make a joke and say "BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!", but you know I often get burned in the Be Careful What You Wish For Scenario when there is actually a chance that wish could come true. There is a scenario I could get that "NOW" wish, but I shall not mention it because I don't want it to come true. I will just stare at the walls until I get Jan's report from next year's San Diego Comic Con.
Old September 11th 22, 18:42   #14
Bester
First One

I really don't think we will get anything fictional. A secretive project that managed to get written, cast, and produced all in secret? I highly doubt it. My money is on a documentary. Some kind of retrospective, which may also serve to drum-up interest in the planned reboot.
Old September 11th 22, 21:34   #15
hypatia
First One

That's a good point, Bester. Maybe some kind of retrospective or anniversary interview with the main surviving cast members.
Old September 11th 22, 22:33   #16
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bester View Post
I really don't think we will get anything fictional. A secretive project that managed to get written, cast, and produced all in secret? I highly doubt it. My money is on a documentary. Some kind of retrospective, which may also serve to drum-up interest in the planned reboot.
I don't see how a retrospective could be "the closest thing to the original B5 in tone of anything we've done since.".

As for writing, casting, producing in secret? I can't remember the last time anything I was interested in (limited, I realize) came to my attention via anything other than a press release, however thinly disguised. That said, members of JMS' Patreon have been aware that this project existed for some time now, though we don't really know anything more than JMS has made public now.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th 22, 01:39   #17
LateArrival
Ambassador

Due to past Similarity-Issues-ish between B5 and DS9, JMS might not be interested in projects that could be interpreted as "imitation". Perhaps there will be Bonus Material which includes cast interviews?

Whatever it might be: New Fiction, Retrospective, Interviews, Tributes, Supporting a Reboot, etc - no downside!!

Hmm... How about a Re-imagining of the Monty Python sketch Spam, but substituting a four-letter B5 food that also starts with SP?
Then a dozen or so Narns show up to chant...
...Bloody Narns!

Last edited by LateArrival; September 13th 22 at 02:07.
LateArrival is offline   Reply With Quote