B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old July 24th 22, 06:59   #41
Springer
Telepath

Re: Reaction videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
Has anyone else tried Babylon 5 For the First Time?

Basically two Star Trek podcasters watching B5 for the first time ever and viewing it through the lens of the show they love. It's pretty good, especially when they come across an episode with a direct Trek connection like Mind War or The War Prayer. It's a review video rather than a reaction video though.
Thanks for the recommendation, I've just subscribed to their channel! Looking forward to hearing their thoughts when they get to some of the really big arc episodes - they're going to be blown away!
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 22, 17:39   #42
Looney
Psi Cop

Ugggggh this is killing me! I've tried to get my friend to do something with Babylon 5 on our YouTube channel for years and all he does is give me excuses. Now it seems like EVERYONE else is doing it!
Old July 25th 22, 07:06   #43
Karajorma
Commander

That just shows that the market is there.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th 22, 10:23   #44
LateArrival
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
That just shows that the market is there.

Would the market be there:
A) Excellent writing keeps it current.
B) Recent re-mastering-ish streaming availability.
C) People discovering it due to news of the potential reboot.
D) Recommendations of others.
E) Need for Good SF is always there.
F) Solely to annoy a certain someone who is on the fence about creating similar videos.

Read that the real benefit of it being available on a service such as HBOMax is that new viewers can Sample it, whereas on other platforms (Amazon, etc) the only option is an outright purchase. Potential viewers would want to get a taste of the series first before committing to spend $$$$, and if they can watch it At No Extra Charge, so much the better!

On the topic of streaming, was looking at MC's videos, and am assuming that since the picture-in-picture is 16x9 that she is watching the DVDs rather than the 2021 re-releases?
Old July 25th 22, 14:29   #45
Looney
Psi Cop

Of course, I just want to do it to do it. He is the one demanding views if we are going to do so many episodes. I'm more interested in creating a decent product. If people watch it and like that is great, but the point for me is making something decent and if it reaches a handful of people I'll be happy. Which is good because our subscription base is only a handful of people.

You know MC took too long posting between her last two videos and I haven't watched the most recent one yet. That is another thing that worries me. We put so much time and effort into our videos that we've only managed to release 7 to 10 a year. So yes we need a more streamlined approach, which is the opposite of my vision for B5 videos. But she just took a couple weeks between B5 videos and it is like I lost interest. What a world!

I am soooooooo glad I subscribed to HBO Max, but I already owned them all on Amazon so that is just a bonus.
Old July 27th 22, 11:44   #46
LateArrival
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
You know MC took too long posting between her last two videos and I haven't watched the most recent one yet. That is another thing that worries me. We put so much time and effort into our videos that we've only managed to release 7 to 10 a year. So yes we need a more streamlined approach, which is the opposite of my vision for B5 videos. But she just took a couple weeks between B5 videos and it is like I lost interest. What a world!

She is also posting Stargate videos. On the Patreon side, she is now at S01E07.
Old July 29th 22, 15:18   #47
Looney
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateArrival View Post

She is also posting Stargate videos. On the Patreon side, she is now at S01E07.
Okay I did get caught up on the B5 side.....

I have such a troubled relationship with Stargate. I both love and dislike it. (Hate was way too strong a term.) If it weren't form my LOVE of the cast Stargate SG-1 is one of the biggest shows be lobbying for a proper reboot where the story is told by better storytellers.

Biggest issues....
- Never should have gone near ascension and definitely should have never doubled down on it.
- Too much concern for one-upmanship.
- Failure to recognize their own strengths and regularly focus on them.

These three things led to soooo man other issues, like what ruined the Replicators for me. Replicators were such great villains, but the need to focus on one-upsmanship ruined them for me.
Old October 4th 22, 03:24   #48
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

So after a kerfuffle with WB, Medusa is back to posting B5 recaps. She just did "The Face of the Enemy" and was appropriately furious in, like, five different directions.

I'm quite looking forward to her reaction to "Intersections in Real Time," although "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" is another head-trip favorite of mine...

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th 22, 21:48   #49
LateArrival
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
So after a kerfuffle with WB, Medusa is back to posting B5 recaps. She just did "The Face of the Enemy" and was appropriately furious in, like, five different directions.

I'm quite looking forward to her reaction to "Intersections in Real Time," although "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" is another head-trip favorite of mine...

On the Patreon side, she just posted "A View From the Gallery". Great as always, but only eighteen to go for the series.
Old October 18th 22, 17:19   #50
Karajorma
Commander

[QUOTE=LateArrival;469061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
On the Patreon side, she just posted "A View From the Gallery". Great as always, but only eighteen to go for the series.

Damn it! I was going to go to bed then I noticed that Mega Reacts just did In The Shadow of Z'ha'dum and I had to watch that (he's putting B5 in his top 3 sci-fi shows of all time already. I think it might take his top spot when he gets to S3 and S4).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCmbIhjfOQQ

And meanwhile B5 for the first time is an episode away from Chrysalis so I was going to watch the Quality of Mercy reaction vid (I've already seen the analysis one) and maybe get a late bedtime but I've been waiting for A View From the Gallery since MC started S5 so I guess it will have to wait.

As problems go, too much B5 discussions with new fans is not the worst one I've ever had.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote