• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Reaction videos

Springer

Regular
For the past few months I've been watching Medusa Cascade's B5 reaction videos. I don't usually watch reaction vids, but Medusa Cascade's are really good – you can see her become increasingly emotionally involved in the show as she gets deeper into it, and to see the joy of someone discovering the show for the first time, and being so honest in her reactions, is something special. She's in the middle of season 3 at the moment on YouTube (I believe she has a Patreon account and is further ahead on there), and her videos are really worth watching. Here's the video for Interludes and Examinations - her emotional response to Kosh's death even got me teary-eyed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KUwtiKQXTA&list=PLbldZn582hop84y44rTfJnT4PU7byFa_I&index=20

I'll give it a look. Might get me to do another rewatch. The last one was several years ago, but there are so many other TV shows that I have on DVD that I haven't even watched one time yet. The only reaction videos that I watch now are KayReacts, mainly for her Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, movies and anything but "New Girl" content.

For the past few months I've been watching Medusa Cascade's B5 reaction videos. I don't usually watch reaction vids, but Medusa Cascade's are really good – you can see her become increasingly emotionally involved in the show as she gets deeper into it, and to see the joy of someone discovering the show for the first time, and being so honest in her reactions, is something special. She's in the middle of season 3 at the moment on YouTube (I believe she has a Patreon account and is further ahead on there), and her videos are really worth watching. Here's the video for Interludes and Examinations - her emotional response to Kosh's death even got me teary-eyed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KUwtiKQXTA&list=PLbldZn582hop84y44rTfJnT4PU7byFa_I&index=20

JMS is one of her patrons and recommends her highly. I've enjoyed the bits I've seen so far a lot.

I'm trying to place her UK accent. Any guesses as to what region?

It's a north-east accent. I might be wrong but her accent doesn't quite sound strong enough to be from Newcastle, but maybe Durham or Hartlepool or somewhere around there.

I'm trying to place her UK accent. Any guesses as to what region?

It's a north-east accent. I might be wrong but her accent doesn't quite sound strong enough to be from Newcastle, but maybe Durham or Hartlepool or somewhere around there.

Thank you.

ps. My grandfather and grandmother on my mother's side of the family were from Manchester and Birmingham, respectively. I never knew my grandfather because he passed away ~5 years before I was born. I don't remember my grandmother having any accent and she passed away in 1969. I remember that she used to make THE BEST desserts.

I watched a few, skipping around to see her reactions to my favorite jaw-dropping moments. It's really fun to watch her reactions. (Also when she predicts what the characters are going to say next.) Never really saw the point of reaction videos until now.

Ah, I needed this... I needed the story, as I always do, but to see it through fresh eyes again just warms my heart.

I've been one of her Patreons for months. Watching with her is the closest I've got to watching the show for the first time.

It's also cute how big a fan she is of Jeff's. Which means that you have to wait two whole seasons for War Without End.

I'll give it a look. Might get me to do another rewatch. The last one was several years ago, but there are so many other TV shows that I have on DVD that I haven't even watched one time yet. The only reaction videos that I watch now are KayReacts, mainly for her Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, movies and anything but "New Girl" content.

OMG YOU HAD ME AT THREE STOOGES and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO! :thumbsup:

I have HBOMAX now, so of course the re-watch has begun. I will have to check out the Babylon 5 reaction videos. Hope they are as good as the KATIE WATCHES BABYLON 5 reaction videos from several years ago. I kept following Katie, but she switch to only doing books and it has never been the same. I can't even recall the last time she mentioned B5.

Last edited:
The more I re-watch The Three Stooges, especially with Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp, the more I appreciate their craft, the timing and sound effects, as well as the individual talents of Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp and their supporting character actors (Emil Sitka, Cy Schindell, Vernon Dent, Bud Jameson, Gene Roth, Tiny Brauer, Stanley Blystone, Kenneth MacDonald, Ann Doran, Jeanne Willes, Christine McIntyre, Virginia Hunter, Lorna Gray, and Ruth Godfrey.). I never cared for Joe Besser as a Stooge, but Joe DeRita was pretty good. Besser was a better fit with Abbott and Costello.

Last edited:
The more I re-watch The Three Stooges, especially with Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp, the more I appreciate their craft, the timing and sound effects, as well as the individual talents of Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp and their supporting character actors (Emil Sitka, Cy Schindell, Vernon Dent, Bud Jameson, Gene Roth, Tiny Brauer, Stanley Blystone, Kenneth MacDonald, Ann Doran, Jeanne Willes, Christine McIntyre, Virginia Hunter, Lorna Gray, and Ruth Godfrey.). I never cared for Joe Besser as a Stooge, but Joe DeRita was pretty good. Besser was a better fit with Abbott and Costello.

You are talking my jam KOSHN.

I used to feel the same about way about Besser, but say what you will the first three Stooges' third men, Curly - Shemp - Besser, were unique in the trio. I love DeRita, but he definitely brought the least unique style to the trio.

Should we start a Stooges' Thread

And best Abbott and Costello movies......

MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948)
MEET THE KILLER (1949)
HOLD THAT GHOST (1941)

Oh one more thing, I own several Stooges t-shirts that I regularly receive complements about. The odd thing is my newest acquisition has yet to be mentioned. It features Curly and the saying "I try to think and nothing happens." Hilarious right?! Well I have yet to receive one mention. I realized last week that I think it is because Curly is wearing a hat in the photo. I don't think people recognize it is him.

Last edited:
I tried the medusa reaction videos, but could not finish them.

Maybe it’s me being Dutch, maybe it’s my Asperger’s syndrome, but the over the top emotional reactions really bug me. Had it not been for the accent I would have guessed her to be American. From them I expect over-the-top look-at-me reactions, not so much from the English.

Anyway, JMS released a new commentary as well, this time for S02E16 “In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum”. This is much more to my liking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AVmEvGYlp8

You are talking my jam KOSHN.

I used to feel the same about way about Besser, but say what you will the first three Stooges' third men, Curly - Shemp - Besser, were unique in the trio. I love DeRita, but he definitely brought the least unique style to the trio.

Should we start a Stooges' Thread

And best Abbott and Costello movies......

MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948)
MEET THE KILLER (1949)
HOLD THAT GHOST (1941)

Oh one more thing, I own several Stooges t-shirts that I regularly receive complements about. The odd thing is my newest acquisition has yet to be mentioned. It features Curly and the saying "I try to think and nothing happens." Hilarious right?! Well I have yet to receive one mention. I realized last week that I think it is because Curly is wearing a hat in the photo. I don't think people recognize it is him.

Just a quick reply. MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948) and HOLD THAT GHOST (1941)
are two favorites of mine. Re. MEET THE KILLER (1949), I'm not sure if I've watched that one. However, I have all four of the Abbott and Costello movie collection volumes.

Maybe we could start a vintage comedy (feature length movies, short features, and TV) thread which could include The Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, the Andy Clyde short features, the short features in which Shemp starred or co-starred, etc..

Maybe it’s me being Dutch, maybe it’s my Asperger’s syndrome, but the over the top emotional reactions really bug me. Had it not been for the accent I would have guessed her to be American. From them I expect over-the-top look-at-me reactions, not so much from the English.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Is this what an "over-the-top look-at-me" American Reaction looks like?! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

:p :p :p

So I've watch the first few Medusa videos and while I like her enthusiasm I have to say I'm not a fan of the jump-cutting reaction format.

Funny you mention American's "over-the-top look-at-me" attitude. I am co-producer of a little YouTube channel that I've been told suffers from one big issue - I have zero interest in giving people my "over-the-top look-at-me reactions" in front of the camera. My partner has no problem doing it himself, but he brings up every day how I need to start. I just want to be sure you know, BabylonFan, if I ever do decide to step in front of the camera I will HAVE to give "over-the-top look-at-me reactions" because I have to get people's attention. I'm not pretty enough for them to just want to see my face. :LOL: :LOL: ;)

are two favorites of mine. Re. MEET THE KILLER (1949), I'm not sure if I've watched that one. However, I have all four of the Abbott and Costello movie collection volumes.

Maybe we could start a vintage comedy (feature length movies, short features, and TV) thread which could include The Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, the Andy Clyde short features, the short features in which Shemp starred or co-starred, etc..

MEET THE KILLER is also known by how the title card read, MEET THE KILLER BORIS KARLOFF.

I REALLY need to see those Shemp shorts. I haven't seen enough Laurel and Hardy. I need to see more. While we're at it, should we throw in Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, The Ritz Brothers, The Marx Brothers, and of course Sir Charles Chaplin. (I'm honestly not the biggest Chaplin fan, but I do recognize his genius.) ;)

Anyway, JMS released a new commentary as well, this time for S02E16 “In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum”. This is much more to my liking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AVmEvGYlp8

We British have emotions too! lol

Seriously, I know what you mean about over-the-top reactions, but to me they're only over-the-top if they're not sincere, and I think medusa's are genuine and heartfelt.

So I've watch the first few Medusa videos and while I like her enthusiasm I have to say I'm not a fan of the jump-cutting reaction format.

I believe the full-length episode reaction videos are on her Patreon page. The ones on YouTube are just edited down.

They're definitely real. Or she's completely wasted not working as an actress.

As for the jump-cuts - The full videos are available to patreons, it's one of reasons I signed up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Is this what an "over-the-top look-at-me" American Reaction looks like?! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

:p :p :p

Funny you mention American's "over-the-top look-at-me" attitude. I am co-producer of a little YouTube channel that I've been told suffers from one big issue - I have zero interest in giving people my "over-the-top look-at-me reactions" in front of the camera. My partner has no problem doing it himself, but he brings up every day how I need to start. I just want to be sure you know, BabylonFan, if I ever do decide to step in front of the camera I will HAVE to give "over-the-top look-at-me reactions" because I have to get people's attention. I'm not pretty enough for them to just want to see my face. :LOL: :LOL: ;)

MEET THE KILLER is also known by how the title card read, MEET THE KILLER BORIS KARLOFF.

I REALLY need to see those Shemp shorts. I haven't seen enough Laurel and Hardy. I need to see more. While we're at it, should we throw in Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, The Ritz Brothers, The Marx Brothers, and of course Sir Charles Chaplin. (I'm honestly not the biggest Chaplin fan, but I do recognize his genius.) ;)

Some Shemp and Andy Clyde and Shemp-solo short features are on the bonus DVD of The Three Stooges Ultimate Collection. The ones with Andy Clyde are 10 out of 10. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Some Shemp and Andy Clyde and Shemp-solo short features are on the bonus DVD of The Three Stooges Ultimate Collection. The ones with Andy Clyde are 10 out of 10. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Ah yes, The Ultimate Collection, the one thing I haven't purchased because I've purchased everything else. (INCLUDING TWO NEW T-SHIRTS THAT JUST ARRIVED LAST WEEK - SHEMP FOR PRESIDENT and YOU'RE GIVING ME A HEADACHE (CURLY'S HEAD IN A PRESS)

:eek:WOW! I guess we have all been busy for awhile.

So here is a question I pose to anyone still regularly checking in. Do you prefer the reaction format or would you rather just have a five to ten minute video review of an episode?

I keep trying to get my friend to watch the show. It has been a struggle. One excuse he gives is that I haven't come up with a format we can use for YouTube.

So would you say reaction videos like these are best or say more of a Podcast format? And would you rather just hear from someone whom has never seen the show before or would you be more inclined to watch if it were someone who had never seen the show before with a long time fan?

He wants to do videos that react to multiple episodes, but it has become my thinking that attention spans die quickly after the first five minutes. So I lean more toward individual episode reviews that last between four and ten minutes.

BUT what I really want to know is your opinions. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back