• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'24' Season 5 (SPOILERS)

Re: \'24\' Season 5 (SPOILERS)

You know what looks funny? Fat people keeling over on TV. Oh, well, I'm going to hell.

What's funniest is how Edgar doesn't even keel over. He just seems to make a face and then lie down on the floor. At least McGill (fat Hobbit) gave us some floor twitches to sell us on the story.

So now they're gonna make Audrey, the single least interesting character on the show, the center of some big thing? Eh... whatever, it's probably not gonna last more than like two episodes anyway- nothing on this show does anymore.

Jack better watch out. If he squeezes that bony chicken neck too much, her head's liable to pop right off.

Where are our tax dollars going?? Chloe is often hunched over her computer - saving the world - while valiantly holding the phone with her shoulder. Can't they afford a head set?

No shit. Its all about Bluetooth baby. They have Cisco IP phones all over the freakin place...but no wireless headsets.

Blatant product placement. Remember two or three years ago when CTU was almost infected with a computer virus? Chloe was like "The new Cisco firewall held."

Yea, or Chloe saying "Transfer the call to the Cisco IP Phone." and then they went into some dialogue about how cool it was that you could transfer a graphic image to the display of the phone. No one talks like that in real life. I felt like I was watching a commercial.

Sexual Harrassment? Seriously? :LOL:

Mad Magazine couldn't come up with a better parody of this show than 24's own writers already have.

The big thing to me in this episode was the fact that now all the canisters are destroyed, so now we somehow make some magical leap in the plot where this thing was really a diversion so the REAL REAL SUPER big plot can unfold. At least, thats what they did last year. Guess we see where it goes now...

Yeah that was pretty much every episode last year.
All that's missing is for the terrorists to have a plan in which they take over the moon and deploy Moon Unit Alpha and Moon Unit Zappa to threaten earth with the laser created by the Alan Parsons Project with a ransom of one MILLION dollars.

I'm just hoping there's a spinoff with the wacky adventures of Kevin Dillon and his bomb shelter, with occasional guest appearances from Kim and the couger.

The big thing to me in this episode was the fact that now all the canisters are destroyed, so now we somehow make some magical leap in the plot where this thing was really a diversion so the REAL REAL SUPER big plot can unfold. At least, thats what they did last year. Guess we see where it goes now...

Next week, the terrorists reveal they have a Shadow Death Cloud.

Or not.

Also, I don't think there's going to be any followup on the sexual harrassment thing. I think the writers were just making a little joke by having all of us automatically take the side of cute girl over government asshole guy and then showing that cute girl is crazy, like REALLY crazy, so crazy that even Chloe thinks she's weird. I had a great laugh.

I hope you're right. I have no interest in a sexual harrassment plotline.

Its almost as bad as fat hobbit having the butt-ugly crackwhore sister plotline.

Also, I don't think there's going to be any followup on the sexual harrassment thing. I think the writers were just making a little joke by having all of us automatically take the side of cute girl over government asshole guy and then showing that cute girl is crazy, like REALLY crazy, so crazy that even Chloe thinks she's weird.
It was somewhat cleverly done in the sense that they first got the viewers on her side (I assume so anyway), as with that creep it was very easy to believe. And then there was the moment of revelation. :D

I'm not sure if it will lead to anything or not, but I would guess it will at least be used to create more inter-CTU tension, what with the incredulous look Chloe gave her - I somehow doubt she's going to be too eager to help the new girl cover the next mistake she does (if those are mistakes and she isn't a new mole ;)).

As for the terrorists and their plans... who knows. :D I don't really care - this time, the whole thing has been way too unbelievable for a long time already. I mean, from the first few episodes it would have seemed the terrorists had not exactly planned to do much in the US with the nerve gas, so I'm having certain trouble believing all the plans and conspiracies and deals they've so easily been coming up in the last few "hours" - it's not like they'd have been planning it beforehand. Meh.

So now it appears that Logan himself is involved in everything that's going on. Chances are it'll turn out to not look like they're trying to make it look. Evelyn seems to know how he's involved and it seems as if David Palmer did too.

I have no idea where this is going now, but it seems as if *shock* something big is going to happen that will pretty much negate everything that's happened so far this season.

Man I knew it was him as soon as they revealed it wasn't the VP because I asked myself, "What would be the most retarded thing they can come up with?"

Yea, just saw this one tonight. Weak stuff...

Logan is too stupid to come up with an evil plot.

Man, 24 is this season is one big steaming pile of "Meh."

What I think bothers me most is the fact that is has gotten SO predictable and cliche. This is a show its first 2-3 seasons really did things differently and truly kept you guessing. It also had shock power with some of their twists and turns.

Predictable things in tonight's episode:

1) When the woman got up on her wounded leg to go sit with her daughter in the bathroom I sat there saying "she is going to fall, so her daughter will have to call the police and the other dude will find them and kill them"

2) Bank manager. Oh come on. How many times does Bauer these days drag some civilian into the thick of things needlessly only to have them die oso predictably? They could have locked him in the vault and he would have been fine. As soon as he told Wayne Palmer how much he respected his bro, I knew they were setting him up to be a dead man.

3) Chole foiling other people in CTU for the millionth time by being super hacker chick.

And for a tie between the "I can't come up with anything smart to say" award and the "lets come up with some stupid excuse to make things even harder for Bauer for no reason" we have President Logan framing Jack Bauer AGAIN for the SAME THING. Dude, you gotta be able to come up with something better than that.

Sad...

Back