• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS Q&A Transcript from Wizard World Philly

Jan

Regular
For anybody interested, a transcript of the JMS Q&A at WW Philadelphia on June 4 has been posted over at JMSNews.com

Word version

or

.txt version

There are minor spoilers for some upcoming Spidey and Fantastic Four comics.

Thanks to DougO for posting them and to Amy for the digital recording to supplement my tape. (See what you started, StarStuff? <g>)

Jan

Regarding this quote about B5 books:
"Q: Any more plans for any Babylon 5 books?
JMS: B5 books? Not at the moment. There was some talk about it but they kind of overstepped their authority a bit and that’s kind of in the twilight zone right now. "

Mongoose Matthew Sprange posted reply that:
"We arranged with WB the rights to do the graphic novels but DC spoke up and we had to let them go. The novels are unaffected and are being worked on right now. . ."

Thanks, Jan for the link. It was great to read and thanks to whoever transcribed the Q&A. As we know, it's a huge job and a labor of love. :cool:

Thanks StarStuff and Darth Librarian. This one was easier because I was more familiar with JMS's speech patterns this time.

BTW, since JMS talked a lot about his time on Twilight Zone and the story "The Hellgramite Method", you might be interested to know that the New Twilight Zone Seasons 2 & 3 are out now (in one DVD set) and it has the JMS episodes and the Hellgramite Method episodes on them. Also an episode written by Harlan Ellison and many other well-known names in SF.

Jan

Oh, it was you Jan who transcribed the Q&A. Nice job.

I wonder why JMS hasn't been asked about TMoS plot line. He probably wouldn't give it away since there is the possibility that it would be produced someday but it would be interesting to have him talk about it.

Oh, it was you Jan who transcribed the Q&A. Nice job.

Thanks. Since this was a much bigger room than at Hawthorne it was a good thing I had both my little recorder and Amy recorded it digitally. I must've looked like an idiot playing one, then the other, then back... :p

I wonder why JMS hasn't been asked about TMoS plot line. He probably wouldn't give it away since there is the possibility that it would be produced someday but it would be interesting to have him talk about it.

Just a guess, I'd say it was because this was mainly a comic con. The very first question was about TMoS but his answer didn't really seem to invite additional questions about it.

Jan

Back