• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TMOS casting - a hersey

I just hope we hear something soon, before the whole community goes insane

:) Too late! :)

And just to push any I might have missed over the edge into madness:

Even when this is over, JMS may not be able to talk about it. Win or lose it could be considered bad form and a slap in the face to the studio, and for professional reasons that may mean "no comment" is all we ever get beyond, "The movie has been cast, here's whose in it" with no explanation or reference to our efforts.

Scenario 1:

WB backs down, we get a mix of old and new characters with the old one played by the original actors. (Except where an actor(s) is unavailable or simply declines the role, which will be made clear in the announcement and probably confirmed by the actor(s)) Well, we've won, everybody's happy, and there's no point in rubbing WB's nose it in by publicly confirming that they wanted to do something stupid and we made them back down. So JMS says nothing.

2) JMS loses the fight, and either walks off the picture or continues as excutive producer to try to make it as good as possible. Some or all of the original character appearances are either cut or the roles are recast. It is obvious to all which JMS would have preferred (because we have years' worth of posts from before the time a feature film was a real possibility talking about how much JMS wanted to do a story with the original cast.) It is equally obvious that the studio wanted something else, and that both we and JMS failed to persuade them. Again, no point in saying anything. We lost, why pick at the scab?

Cheery thoughts, non?

:)

Joe

Or; after whatever outcome, JMS tweaks the script to include a subliminal reference to the sh*t Warners put him through. That would be very "JMS." ;)

[
(b) 75% of the total labour cost - after deducting the cost of two persons whose nationality must be non-Commonwealth/EU/EEA/Association Agreement country, and one of whom must be an actor (and engaged in making the film in no other capacity) - must have been paid to citizens or ordinary residents of the Commonwealth, EU/EEA or a country with which the European Community has signed an Association Agreement*;

(Translation you are allowed 2 Americans; make all the other jobs British)

Not quite.

As I read that it says: first you deduct the cost of the two highest priced Americans off the top, then 75% of the remaining labor costs must be spent on non-Americans (well, people from either Commonwealth or EU countries; for practical purposes that means non-Americans, most of whom would be Brits).

Of course, I am not a tax attorney. :cool:

That is what the tax accounts will do.

Any location filming outside the UK will eat into the 25%.

Ohboy, now you've done it, Joe! <g> You're absolutely right, though. JMS is a professional and he maintains that regardless of what's going on behind the scenes.

Jan

Filming is meant to start in April, and typically, something is in theatres within 12-18 months from beginning filming, so expect Mid 2006 to Early 2007, for it to hit American theatres, probably.

18 months is fairly unusual. Only movies with an incredible amount of postproduction take that long. (The Star Wars movies take almost *2 years* from filming to release.) It actually seems like there are as many examples in which a movie took less than a year from filming to release than there are movies which took more than a year. The ST:TNG movies, for example, all started filming around March of the year they were released, and then were released in November or December.

It is equally obvious that the studio wanted something else, and that both we and JMS failed to persuade them. Again, no point in saying anything. We lost, why pick at the scab?

Or we could hire the AlQaeda services to take care of the decision makers. :LOL: :p

Questionable taste on that.

Now, if we proposed contacting Mr. Morden because we "had a problem," I suppose I could get on board.

I kind of liked what happened on the last B5 music video from John Hudgens that I saw. A starfury blew away a TNT Atlanta billboard.

Jan

I kind of liked what happened on the last B5 music video from John Hudgens that I saw. A starfury blew away a TNT Atlanta billboard.

Jan

Wish I could have seen that. Bet it got applause. :D :LOL:

Now, if only he'd make one with the Excalibur's main guns taking out TNT-Atlanta completely. :devil: Every time I watch "Racing the Night" and see the main guns blasting that city, I imagine it's TNT-Atlanta. :devil: :D

Wish I could have seen that. Bet it got applause. :D :LOL:

Oh, yeah! BTW if you have occasion to see any of them, take it. They're all great.

Now, if only he'd make one with the Excalibur's main guns taking out TNT-Atlanta completely. :devil: Every time I watch "Racing the Night" and see the main guns blasting that city, I imagine it's TNT-Atlanta. :devil: :D

Now, now...overkill, don't you think? Just send some Rangers to take out the actual culprits via the Mora'Dum. They will know fear, they will know pain and then they'll die (to paraphrase a certain Narn). I'm good with that. :devil:

Jan

Now, now...overkill, don't you think?

Where TNT-Atlanta is concerned, no. Glassing over that monument to stupidity with Excalibur's main guns would be great.

Where TNT-Atlanta is concerned, no. Glassing over that monument to stupidity with Excalibur's main guns would be great.

Didn't JMS more-or-less do that in an early issue of Rising Stars or Midnight Nation? I seem to recall something about Atlanta getting nuked and the TNT Techwood campus being roughly ground zero.

Regards,

Joe

Didn't JMS more-or-less do that in an early issue of Rising Stars or Midnight Nation? I seem to recall something about Atlanta getting nuked and the TNT Edgewood campus being roughly ground zero.

I'm pretty sure he burned Atlanta in Jeremiah, too. :eek: :p

Yeah, he can get pretty cranky if you rub him the wrong way. Somebody ought to tell the guys at the WB Features department.

Hmmm..... :D ;) :D ;)

But then, he's probably already demonstrating his technique to WHV (or whoever it was who 'edited' his Crusade commentary.

Jan

Several important questions . . . do each of the Jan's get a vote on the War Council?

Question 2. I've testified that Jan is a "real" person, even though Joe doesn't quite admit it. The question is - is Joe a "real" person? And, does he only appear at scampering time or wherever it is that vorlons congregate?

Several important questions . . . do each of the Jan's get a vote on the War Council?

We should only have that level of organization! <g>

Question 2. I've testified that Jan is a "real" person, even though Joe doesn't quite admit it. The question is - is Joe a "real" person? And, does he only appear at scampering time or wherever it is that vorlons congregate?

Now that IS the question, isn't it? And it's taken up a large part of our postings of late, too. What exactly do we know of our own direct knowledge and what's supposition. You see, Joe's never met me, nor I him. So if either of us were to testify that the other is 'real', that could damage our credibility, couldn't it? No, it's better that we remain vague on this point, but firmly state our *belief* in each other's realness to anybody questioning it.

Hey! Anybody here know if Joe's really real? :LOL:

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back