• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SCI FI Channel B5LR footage details

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">SCI FI Channel B5LR footage details</font>
<font size="3">A correction, and more details on the footage</font>

B5LR.com yesterday reported that the SCI FI Channel was airing B5LR footage in its rerun of Dune. This is in fact incorrect, and the SCI FI Channel has clarified with more information.

It will actually take the form of a special announcement shown within Frank Herbert's Dune, and will direct viewers to a "top secret web page". That will contain the first footage of the telemovie, with scenes that include G'Kar and David Martel.

The rerun of Dune takes place on 12, 13 and 14 June at 9PM ET/PT on the US SCI FI Channel. The announcement could air on any day, and you can find out more about Dune at their website.

Please post the address of the secret website on this thread when you get it!
smile.gif

------------------
Be seeing you

I guess we don't have to worry about taping it anymore, do we? Just write the website address down, right?

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

You got it hypatia!
laugh.gif

I can't see how it'll remain "top secret" for long.

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

Hmm, that means I should try and get up somewhat earlier than usual this coming week... didn't the Sci-Fi post mention something about this "special site" staying online only for a few hours after the announcement? And since the announcement may come what's the middle of the night here...

(I'm guessing that they'll try to arrange it so that the clip can't be saved? Or is that impossible? Showing my ignorance here, really...)

Oh well, I'm not complaining. Really.
laugh.gif
I'll be perfectly happy to drag myself out of the wonderful warm bed at 8 AM just to check the board... (and BTW, I'm actually not being sarcastic now!)
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

I can't drag myself out of my warm bed at 8am for anything!

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

A thought: I'm on something like the SciFi West coast feed. So we will get Dune at 9pm Pacific coast time zone. Won't it be shown earlier in the Eastern time zone? We need to implore the East coast fans of this site to post that website address. I don't know when it will be showing in the East coast time zone, but its going to be earlier than here.
Also, I'd think that that means the website will have to be open more than a few hours. Otherwise they'd be shutting it down about when we West coasters have our first chance of going there.

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited June 09, 2001).]

Yeah, I'd blow six hours of my life to catch 2 minutes of footage. Happily.
smile.gif

But blow six hours of my life to catch a web link that I'll probably miss when I'm getting munchies? A web link that's only valid a few hours?

I dunno...

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

actually this is quite nifty.

And yes this web site will not be secret for long.

And Dune hmmn I have seen the first 2 parts not the 3rd yet it comes out on video here in Australia on June 14 or so so I can watch the 3rd part then.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> And yes this web site will not be secret for long.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fully expect their server to go down from overload about 5 minutes after they announce it.

Which is actually a Good thing. I'm sure _They_ don't expect as much interest as they are sure to get.

Even though JMS has probably warned them that "My people are Logging On".
tongue.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back