• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

R2 B5 Releases

Corps is Mother Corps is Father intro

And another thing..

What has happened to the intro to The Corps is Mother the Corps is Father??? It's supposed to feature the Psi Corps logo with their mantra, and then the B5 logo is supposed to appear on the back of the station in place of the JMS credit... But on my DVD, the intro has become just the same as all the others!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Re: Corps is Mother Corps is Father intro

This issue also cropped up on the S2 releases (at least for R1, I haven't gone back and checked my R2 versions), where Delenn's changed appearance was in the credits for the first two eps, before it had been revealed in the show.

The explanation at the time was basically that it was cheaper and easier for the DVD producers to use the same credit sequence for every episode in the season.

My understanding is that this problem is also present on the R1 discs of S5, and (for a change) we are not special!

Incidentally, is anyone else/has anyone else written to WHV regarding the missing teaser on TFoCP? I have written a letter of complaint and will mail tomorrow - just wondered if anyone else was doing the same.

I will be emailing them tommorow, the R2 S2 is aok for the titles without the Delenn change being shown. As a new B5 fan cos of the DVDs this was very handy.

I will be emailing them tommorow, the R2 S2 is aok for the titles without the Delenn change being shown. As a new B5 fan cos of the DVDs this was very handy.

I e-mailed them a week ago, as soon as PaulC01 posted the address in this thread, and so far have not even had so much as an automated acknowledgement, so I figured I would take the old-fashioned approach and write and send them a real live letter asking that it be registered as an official complaint and handled accordingly.

I'll let you know if that elicits any response.

Cheers,

Or do what I'm now doing, I'm emailing the supplier, in this case Choices, to see if they can get anything looked into, advising them I'll be returning it shortly unless I hear otherwise. Then I'll buy the R1.

Ghost in the Shell 2 is being re-issued by Dreamworks because of a subtitle problem. Polite complaints help, as it did with WBHV UK replacing the disk with the aspect ratio problem. Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence also have consistently really, really bad reviews on amazon.co.uk for the subtitle problem. If people left bad reviews for B5 S5 R2, would that help? And by the way, how will amazon reflect that the problem has been fixed? As far as I know, there's no way to edit your review, meaning that all those bad reviews left because of technical icompetence will mire the film. Perhaps they need to write to amazon in order to either delete the reviews or create a new database entry for it. That would also present somewhat of a problem, becuase reviews for one version is sometimes shown for another version. ("Note: This review referrs to the VHS edition" for example.)

I don't really care about the review, replacing the disk will solve the problem with a disk - but the product is still fairly poor and its only saving grace is the content.

Well I've just got to Fall of Centari Prime and did a double take. A search of the 'net provided this thread, so I'm relieved it's not just me.

I've just this minute contacted the number provided by PaulC01 (0207 9845000) and was put through to Enquries where a nice young woman told me they were aware of the problem and awaiting information from the States. In the meantime they were taking details of all callers for when any information is available.

And so it begins

Just received the new Disc 5 with full The Fall of Centauri Prime episode for the German R2 Season 5 release today.
Now finally have the Complete series :)

Just received the new Disc 5 with full The Fall of Centauri Prime episode for the German R2 Season 5 release today.
Now finally have the Complete series :)

That's great news, are you in the UK? Could you also provide details of who to write to, so that others can do the same?

I e-mailed Warner Customer Service about the error in the disc few months ago.
And also sent my address, name of the shop and order number to the babylon5umtausch@aol.com

I'm not in the UK, but in Finland.
I'm pretty sure it works also to the UK as well, if you have the German version of course.

Also i'm quite sure there will be option to get new disc for other boxes as well when more time has passed. (Season 5 was released in Germany already in the November 2004.)

The explanation at the time was basically that it was cheaper and easier for the DVD producers to use the same credit sequence for every episode in the season.

That's crazy - every season of B5 except S3 has at least one episode with a different title sequence (S4 had two). Why couldn't they just get it right? Has anyone in the UK had their discs replaced yet?

I've turned to Amazon.co.uk about the specific problem with a very detailed description and explanation. In a very short time I got another brand new box of season 5...
Of course the teaser is also missing in the new box. They didn't bother and check the problem - now I have 2 lacking box sets of season 5. Hurray!

I have sent a number of e-mails to WB Customer Services, but they have not responded. I have read of other people trying to contact them by both e-mail and snail-mail, but have not received a response to either method.

A poster over at the WB site's forum says that he phoned them and they took his details to send him a replacement disc. But if they don't have the decency to respond to our mail, what are the chances that they are going to be true to their word? :rolleyes:

Has anyone been successful in getting a replacement disc from WB UK for any of the previous seasons?

:mad: :mad: Hopefully Warner Home Video will feel obliged to do something sooner or later, since they're clearly in breach of the Sale of Goods Act. From the Trading Standards website, The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says that goods should be as follows:

Of satisfactory quality. This means the goods must meet the standards that any reasonable person would expect, taking into account the description, the price and all other relevant information. In some circumstances, the retailer may be liable for any statement made by the manufacturer about the goods.
Satisfactory quality includes the appearance and finish of the goods, their safety and durability and whether they are free from defects (including minor faults)

(ie. I don't 'reasonably expect' to find chunks of episodes missing!!)

Fit for the purpose that goods of this type are generally sold. They must also be fit for any specific or particular purpose made known to the seller at the time of the agreement.

(ie. enjoying Season 5!)

As described - goods should correspond with any description applied to them.

(It's sold as 'the Complete Fifth Season' for pete's sake! It says so across the top of the box..)

I'm sure WHV UK knows they're in trouble over this, which may explain their silence.. :) Hopefully they'll start replacing discs once they finish firing their DVD staff.. :)

Chalk me up as another who has contacted them both by e-mail and traditional mail and had no response to either - not even a cursory "Thank you for your letter, which is now receiving our attention".

:rolleyes:

I haven't got round to getting Season 5, so I have no basis for a complaint yet, but has anyone contacted (or mentioned in their correspondence with WB that they might contact) Trading Standards (or the local equivalent for non UK posters)?

has anyone contacted (or mentioned in their correspondence with WB that they might contact) Trading Standards

As I understand it, any claim we (as consumers) wish to make under the Sale of Goods Act must be with the retailer we purchased the DVDs from. As the fault is with ALL R2 sets, this won't help us to get a replacement disc/set with the correct contents.

However, we do have the option of returning the set to the retailer for a full refund (if we so wish). Personally, I'd rather have a full set with error(s) than no set at all.

Personally, I'd rather have a full set with error(s) than no set at all.

Amen to that ... missing pre-credit sequence aside, I am thoroughly enjoying re-watching season 5 for the first time since I watched the VHS tapes at the time I bought them.

Amen to that ... missing pre-credit sequence aside, I am thoroughly enjoying re-watching season 5 for the first time since I watched the VHS tapes at the time I bought them.

Ditto.. to be honest the blip didn't spoil my enjoyment all that much, perhaps because I already knew what happened in those 4 minutes anyway..

It's just this nagging feeling I have that somebody deliberately left off the teaser, hoping nobody would notice, and then carefully re-edited the commentary track to fit around it that I'm getting riled about.. What is that all about anyway? :confused:

But truth be told I'd rather have a flawed Season 5 than no Season 5 at all..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back