• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dead Ringers - BBC

It was being derided by Trekkie archeologists, who as far as i could gather thought of it as a dirty word. The sketch was very funny, even if it doesnt sound it. That whole show is full of sci-fi references, and they do know their stuff. John Coleshaw (?) is a big Dr Who fan, and does an amazing Tom Baker. I remember when this show as on the Radio he once phoned up NASA, pretending to be the Dr, and asking to borrow the space shuttle!!
I went to see Dead Ringers recorded at the BBC a couple of weeks ago, about half of the content is recorded the night before broadcast. They are a very talented bunch, most of the material was still funny on the third or fourth take.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/deadringers/

It was during the 'Time Team' sketch.

As Bearded Geek 1 exclaims that he has made an amazing discovery- a small rock! Tony Robinson asks excitedly if is ia part of a "Roman Temple or Viking settlement?" Bearded Geek 1 replies with contempt "No Tony, this is clearly a Dilithium Crystal. It is used as the power source in the warp core of a Galaxy Class Starship, enabling it to travel between starsystems faster than light speed.....Of corse, I shall have to check my finding by watching Star Trek-The Next Generation tonight." Bearded Geek 2 replies-"As long as Babylon 5 is not on!". Bearded Geek 1 then exclaims-"Wash your mouth out!"

Make your own mind up as to weather it was favourable or not. I really liked the mention.

John Coleshaw (?)

Jon Culshaw, I believe.

:p

I remember when this show as on the Radio he once phoned up NASA, pretending to be the Dr, and asking to borrow the space shuttle!!

The best one I ever heard was when he actually rang up Tom Baker pretending to be the Dr, complete with the obvious

"I am the Doctor."
"No ... I am the Doctor."

I was still laughing at it days later - one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back