• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New Captain Scarlet

Elenopa

Regular
Anyone else catch the new CGI Captain Scarlet on ITV1 last Saturday morning?

It's been stuck in the middle of MOM, so it was lucky I spotted it.

There were two 15 minute episodes. It continues next Saturday. It just retold the origin story.

The CGI is a little camp but I can take it. There are now 5 angels, which are launched from the top of a flying aircraft carrier. The Mysterons symbol is now green and their agents' eyes turn green.

There is a major change in the Mysterons aim; in the original story they wanted to teach the humans a lesson now they want to wipe us out.

Sounds great! I'll have to check it out.

Does it still have the same begining/ end music? I love all of those of Anderson Soundtracks. UFO and Space 1999 were just great...

There are now 5 angels, which are launched from the top of a flying aircraft carrier.

There always were five angels launched from the flying aircraft carrier. It was called Cloudbase. That has changed. The five angels are;

Destiny, Harmony, Symphony, Melody and Rapsody.

There are now 5 angels, which are launched from the top of a flying aircraft carrier.

There always were five angels launched from the flying aircraft carrier. It was called Cloudbase. That has changed. The five angels are;

Destiny, Harmony, Symphony, Melody and Rapsody.
I can only remember 3 angels being launched although there were 5 in Cloudbase's waiting room.

I do not remember Clouldbase having a man who falls on his face when the aircraft take off. Real sea going aircraft carries do.

Like the indistructable captain himself, this thread has come back to life.

Watched two episodes, it really is great. The CGI is amazing, and no wonder. Ron Thornton, a name any B5 fan will be familiar with is director of CGI for the series!
This must be a dream come true for him, as he always stated that Gerry Anderson was a big influence. Now he gets to work with him...

Its a re-boot on continutiy, and there are some small changes (Leuteniant Green is a chick etc..) but it really is in the spirit of the original. Captain Black has stubble, and Mysteron victims die gruesome deaths. The Angels are all really hot.

Cool offical site at http://www.captainscarlet.com/ with funky flash. (I hate flash usually, but this site rocks)

I like most things about the new Captain Scarlet, but not the dialogue, which is unremittingly awful.. but then it is for kids so I shouldn't technically be watching it..

Visually its definitely pretty stunning, the vehicle designs in particular.. I want me a Rhino! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back