• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official BSG S3 Spoiler Thread

Well, I think something they are taking into consideration is the possibility of syndication. I'm not sure what the requirements are for this: 100 eps? 5 years? 4 years? Maybe someone else knows. Syndication is huge money and BSG could find a whole 'nuther fanbase out there on another station if it's played on a daily basis.

The powers that be have to be looking at this as well. It's huge mula.

I guess the 13 (question mark) episodes may depend on how well ratings are throughout the end of season 3, though who knows. We'll get to the bottom of it, eventually. =)

I'm just itching to see who the final 5 are, and playing the "who is the cylon" guessing game is making me nuts.

Well, I think something they are taking into consideration is the possibility of syndication. I'm not sure what the requirements are for this: 100 eps? 5 years? 4 years? Maybe someone else knows. Syndication is huge money and BSG could find a whole 'nuther fanbase out there on another station if it's played on a daily basis.

The powers that be have to be looking at this as well. It's huge mula.

I guess the 13 (question mark) episodes may depend on how well ratings are throughout the end of season 3, though who knows. We'll get to the bottom of it, eventually. =)

I'm just itching to see who the final 5 are, and playing the "who is the cylon" guessing game is making me nuts.

Syndication is somewhat less important now thanks to DVD and downloads playing a role in deteremining a show's fate, although i'm sure JDM will correct me on that if i'm wrong. 24 and Lost show that shows can be re-sold on DVD as whole season packages.

I heard the 13 episode thing was down to actors contracts being set for a set amount of episodes and needing to be renewed. Season 1 was 13 eps as well. Season 2 was origianlly announced as 13, but expanded to a full 22 later on, hence some of the 'filler' episodes in the latter half of season 2.

It may get expanded to a full season, or not, but I suspect the show runners are being told to wind things down and wrap the plot up. A complete series to sell on DVD and iTunes is more attractive than an incomplete one. I'm sure that is why sci-fi wrapped up Farscape.

Either way its more BSG.

I made one realisation today: after not having watched Star Trek: TNG for a decade now, I'm currently in the process of going through the DVDs.

RDM producing quite a load of crap is no sign of him having "lost it" .. he was always capable of producing some hideous crap. I don't think anything on BSG has yet to be as dreadful as TNG's "The Bonding" - so I guess there's hope for him writing better stories again in future - occasionally.

Eh, Zarek telling Roslin what she should already know was annoying. Nice to see him, but not exacting a scintillating scene. Really, all I came away with was shirtless Helo.

This week's wasn't that much better. I'm so done with Cally, I assumed she was sucking all the oxygen out of the room ... but I was mistaken, it was the vacuum of space. Close enough.

I can't help but think that if this season had been 13 eps like the previous two, we wouldn't have so many crap storylines cropping up. I'd prefer 13 eps of quality than 22 of stuff that makes me sort of confused on what this show is about.

I didn't mind this week's episode like I did last week's. I think it was the Admiral Adama-centered-ness of the episode that made me like it halfway decently.

Most of it was just okay for me, but I also liked it that much of the storyline centered on Adama; he's my favorite! :( It was a little scary to see his lips moving when no one was there, though...

And I don't know what's up with Cally for me. It just doesn't seem like there's enough there character-wise. Lately, when I should be following the story, all I can think about when I watch her is that her bangs are waaaay too long to wear them that straight! I do love the Chief, though...and just about any scene he's been in! :DHe's just got that "guy thing" going...

My recap of tonight's BSG:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That just about sums up my thoughts. They really should leave wacky flashback shit to Lost.

I can't help but think that if this season had been 13 eps like the previous two, we wouldn't have so many crap storylines cropping up. I'd prefer 13 eps of quality than 22 of stuff that makes me sort of confused on what this show is about.

Season 2 had 20 episodes too, just as season 3 does .. 13 episodes is just about the number it had steam for though before it started going downhill, I guess.

I rather liked this last one. Rather sweet and sad. Sure, the "Tyrol and Cally in mortal peril" stuff was slightly contrived... but it made sense given Tyrol's character, it made sense considering the seriously beat-up condition of Galactica, and it tied in rather nicely with Adama's internal issues.

Speaking of those issues, it was good to get inside the old warrior's head. Perhaps it's because I'm a sucker for dream sequences, but I liked it. Hasn't been enough of Adama lately, it seems, and that's a problem, because Olmos and McDonnell are the heart and the soul of the show.

Also, if Roslin's parting line wasn't telling, I don't know what it was. Part of me wants Adama to quit and shack up with Roslin, but I know that would leave Zarek and Tigh in command, and that would be trouble.

I'm honestly surprised at how many people said they liked this episode. When it ended I had this big "who cares" question mark in my head.

The Adama "flashbacks" seemed so....pointless. So he thinks about his dead wife on their anniversary? I guess I just found myself not caring about those particular memories and wish they did something else. Also, they were more than flashbacks, it was like he was talking with her. The whole part felt weird, odd, and pointless.

Then Chief and Calley in the airlock. Yea, again, seemed like a "B-story-drama-of-the-day" kind of thing. The whole time you knew they would make it out, so it didn't matter. If it would have been a couple crew members you never saw before at least there would have been some anticipation and seeing someone really get killed. Yes, it was believable given the condition of the ship, but I just found myself not really caring about that part of the episode either.

Then...we have what is for me, the big highlight (if you can call it that). Roslyn and Adama are talking about Baltars trial. They decide to get Lee to be the guy to try him. Roslyn asks why? Adama says "Oh, because as a kid he always had an interest in law. His grandfather was a lawyer and he used to read all his grandfathers law books"

SURE HE DID. THATS BELIEVABLE.

Can you say "lame plot device"? Lets just create that little fact from his past. You all know what is going to happen next right? Lets face it, I bet the writers feel there isn't much more they can do with Lee's character, so they are going to now turn him into not the Colonial Warrior, but the COLONIAL LAWYER! Yes boys and girls, Apollo is going to turn into Commander Harm Rabb! Its JAG IN SPACE! I guess that makes Starbuck Colonel MacKenzie?

I'm just dreading these upcoming episodes. I saw the clip where now Baltar is writing things from prison and people appear to be doing terrorist acts or protests because of it? Going on strike because of Baltar's writing from jail? Sorry, not buying it. After New Caprica there shouldn't be a single soul in the fleet who gives a shit what that man has to say. I also liked how it appears that Adama threatening to kill the Chief for treason, when in the episode we just watched he was really worried that they might not make it out of the airlock.

Guess I'm kind of on the outs with this show the last few weeks. Hopefully it gets back on track. But I do feel like it lost something. Perhaps it can't keep up with the "BEST SHOW ON TV" hype its getting. The writers are trying too hard now...

Actually, Roslin proposed Lee for reasons completely unrelated to his fleeting interest in law: she wanted somebody who "actually knew right from wrong," as I recall, and Adama said, hey, that's fortuitous, because he did seem to like law once upon a time.

But mostly I liked this episode because I'm far more interested in Adama and Roslin as a couple than I am in anyone else at the moment; I liked the rather toxic Lee/Kara relationship, but that's run out of steam and they're wise to let it lie for now.

I actually started to wonder if Cally was going to make it out of the episode alive. With her not being a main cast character, I could see them killing her off.

The second they got trapped I knew it was one "those" episodes. Whenever two people are having problems they find a way to trap them together for a period of time. This forces them to work out their differences and by the time they are freed they are on good terms again. JMS made fun of this plot device in B5 when Londo and G'Kar were trapped in the lift. Of course their story ended quite differently by the end of the episode.

"There, you see! I'm going to live."
"So it would seem. Well, it is an imperfect universe."
"Bastard."
"Monster."
"Fanatic."
"Murderer."
"You are insane!"
"And that is why we will win."
"Go be the ambassador to Babylon 5 they say. It will be an *easy* assignment. Ah, I hate my life."
"So do I."
"Shut up!"

:D That was a great scene! It's one of my favorites, too!

As for the last, okay the last few, episodes of BSG...I try to remind myself that some episodes are just there to lay groundwork. I'm hoping that's the case here and that something :D brilliant will come from it.

Next week is Jane Espenson's ep, so that should be pretty good. She helped write some of my favorite TV ever.

:D That was a great scene! It's one of my favorites, too!

As for the last, okay the last few, episodes of BSG...I try to remind myself that some episodes are just there to lay groundwork. I'm hoping that's the case here and that something :D brilliant will come from it.

"lay groundwork" that's a very nice euphemism. I'll remember that one.

"No, this meal isn't cooked poorly, darling, it's just laying groundwork for future meals."

Nice.

Laying groundwork is what season 1 of B5 was doing .. and that was awesome.

This is laying groundwork for .. er .. JAG in Space? Baltar's trial? Egads.

Back