• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

BSG Season 2 Finale (SPOILER CONTENT - BE WARNED)

Alluveal

Regular
WTF was that? Anyone? Why do I feel like I'm suddenly rewatching season 3 of Alias? I kept thinking "this has GOT to be a dream" but.... apparently not. Kind of unsettling.

Re: BSG Season 2 Finale

Well, I've not watched Alias, so I couldn't speak for similarities between them.

I don't quite know what to think of this episode yet. But I must say; 6.5 - 7 months for season 3?! AAGH. I hope they don't pull that split-the-season BS again in season 3.

It wasn't the type of season finale I was expecting. I'm definitely interested in seeing where this show is going to go in season three, but I agree that waiting all the way until October for the new season is going to be quite a bit of a drag, I think.

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

S
p
a
c
e

For a while, I was expecting a bit of a dream-ish resolution in that I was wondering if we were visually seeing like a giant computer simulation being run on some Cylon computer somewhere to see what the most likely outcome of it all would be if Baltar did get the presidency, but I guess it all is really what happened.

It is something that the nuclear blast from the warhead that Baltar gave PegasusSix is what alerted the Cylons to the planet. Had that not happened, it would seem New Caprica could have been a real haven for the fleet, despite being a craphole of place to live.

I think the thing I hated the most about the episode though is the way that the preacherCylon joined the group on Caprica. It was too silly. After they got back to Galactica, it was fine, it's just that introduction of him standing behind everyone on Caprica that made me roll my eyes.

Yeah can't say I was a big fan of the whole skipping a year forward thing. It really seemed kind of unnecessary to make it a year as well, they could've easily made it a month or so and had the same effect.

Meanwhile, as one of the characters said, the time they skipped was actually longer than the time we had originally seen from the beginning of the series to the end of season 2, and it kind of cheapens that time span.

Also agree on the wait......October before any new episodes? Wow that's a long wait. Stargate comes back in July, why do we have to wait extra long? ;)

Spoilers below.......

Seems that Baltar is once again going from kind of tragic villain that you kind of maybe feel a little sorry for to all-out villain, as he is once again responsible for an immediate 10,000 deaths (giving a cylon a nuke....c'mon) and the enslavement of the remaining 39,000 people.

Also not sure what to make of the Cylons. What was the point in saying they were giving up on fighting the humans and then coming and occupying them, and why was one of them the six model that was supposedly leading the Cylon resistance movement against the destruction of the remaining humans?

Space

For

Safety

Yeah can't say I was a big fan of the whole skipping a year forward thing. It really seemed kind of unnecessary to make it a year as well, they could've easily made it a month or so and had the same effect.

I think their having it be a year was specifically written to fit the explosion being what alerted the Cylons to where New Caprica was. When they got there, the Cylons said that it was the radiation that got their attention, which unless I'm just in error, would have taken the year to travel the to where the Cylon fleet was a light-year away. So, my guess is the numbers were designed to emphasize that it was that explosion that doomed them, and thus yet another screw up by Baltar that he didn't realize was as big of a screw up as it was until crap really went down.

What was the point in saying they were giving up on fighting the humans and then coming and occupying them, and why was one of them the six model that was supposedly leading the Cylon resistance movement against the destruction of the remaining humans?

We'll probably get a lot of that next season, so I can only speculate and guess wildly about it now. I personally can't believe the preacherCylon was being all that truthful. But if he was, maybe whatever shift he claimed had happened in the Cylons shifted them, but not quite the way we think: thus instead of wiping out humanity, they want to dominate them and make humanity develop the way they think they should develop. Alternatively, maybe resistance-movementSix was there as part of the resistance but unbeknownst to most of the other Cylons and she'll be aiding the humans in fighting against the Cylons next season.

I think their having it be a year was specifically written to fit the explosion being what alerted the Cylons to where New Caprica was. When they got there, the Cylons said that it was the radiation that got their attention, which unless I'm just in error, would have taken the year to travel the to where the Cylon fleet was a light-year away. So, my guess is the numbers were designed to emphasize that it was that explosion that doomed them, and thus yet another screw up by Baltar that he didn't realize was as big of a screw up as it was until crap really went down.

From what the cylon said, he made it out to sound like a light year was a long ways in BSG terms.....so couldn't they have made it 3 months and had them a quarter light year or something along those lines instead of just totally skipping such a long period of time?

Someone needs to beat the crap out of Baltar and stick him out an airlock. I know Dr. Franklin doesn't think it's funny to space people, but I think I would laugh. I think... maybe cheer, too.

The year thing just feels forced. I kept thinking it was Adama or the President dreaming about what would happen if they didn't rig the election. Then I thought "maybe Baltar is dreaming this and he'll wake up and say *hell no, I can't be president* and he'll back out of the race.

I dunno, there's just too much unanswered. Like what happened between Lee and Cara. Chief and Cally (sp?) hooked up and she's *knocked* up. So much to fill in. Geesh. I keep praying it IS a dream. I don't want to have to endure half a season of flashback episodes.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

I dunno about you, but I got depressed watching the whole New Caprica part of the episode. Seemed like things really took a downward turn. I would have chosen to stay on the ships, personally. I too thought at first that segment would prove to be a dream sequence, to show the bad consequences of Baltar being president, and then they'd snap back to real time, get rid of him, and get back to business. No such luck.

If Adama knows that nuke came from Baltar's lab, and he knows that Baltar is a Cylon collaborator, why did he not make the connection and cap his ass? The man was responsible for 99% of humanity being killed, you simply do not let him live under any circumstances. Seriously someone needs to shoot Baltar in the head. I guess it's too late now. And gosh, now whatever Fleet was left is now gone to who knows where.

Anyone tell me what they said in the preview for the third season? That bit wasn't captioned so I didn't catch any of it.

I don't want to have to endure half a season of flashback episodes.

We so don't need Battlestar Galactica to turn into Lost.

(I don't think they'd do it, but I had to make the joke.)

S
p
a
c
e

If Adama knows that nuke came from Baltar's lab, and he knows that Baltar is a Cylon collaborator, why did he not make the connection and cap his ass?

For the reason that Adama stated to Roslin when she informed him about having seen Baltar with Six on Caprica before the initial Cylon attack: he would need proof. If he had not concrete proof to support taking out Baltar, he himself would be taken out for having assassinated the President.

One thing I'm not quite clear on, is Tom Zarek Baltar's Vice-President? Or did Tom just run Baltar's election campaign? And if so, then who is the new Vice-President?

That may have been Baltar's second executive order: no vice president. :p

Baltar's not really president so much as he is the mayor of a small town. And now it seems he's not even that.

Hey, what'd that Cylon want with Starbuck anyway? I'm curious about that.

Re: BSG Season 2 Finale (SPOILER CONTENT - BE WARN

Leobon had quite an interest in Starbuck back in season one's "Flesh And Bone" when she was interrogating/torturing him. I imagine his coming into Kara's tent looking for her is another step in that relationship.

Baltar is the type of politician that can speak a game and win elections, but not actually back up the win with results, it would seem. Of course, I'm not surprised.

The only thing I can imagine is that it really is a dream and by the end of the season premiere it will be shown as thus.

At least, that's what I'm hoping. I actually had a dream about it last night... I dreamed it was a dream. Hahahaha.

As for Starbuck, the cylon kept telling her she was special and that she had a destiny. Perhaps her empathy toward the cylon who was shot out an airlock will buy her some kind of leniency now.

Another thing I was thinking of was the models we've encountered.

We have:
5: Lucy Lawless (I think she was 5? maybe 4)
6: blondie
8: Sharon

Then we have the weasely looking guy who was a reporter and left at the arms station.
We have the cylon in FLesh and Bone (the one who Adama learned about in the mini series)
We have the doctor
We have the preacher

That's 7. So 5 more to go? Is that correct? What I also wonder, is who is model #1. :) That would make one hell of a show.

I'm pretty sure that this wasn't a dream. It would seem too "cheap" at this point to have an 8 month cliffhanger end up with the typical "dream" copout. Previews for season 3 definitely hinted otherwise as well.

We have the cylon in FLesh and Bone (the one who Adama learned about in the mini series)
We have the doctor

I don't recall either of these two...

I think the whole "skipped a year ahead" idea is fantastic. The writers of this show have the rare ability to keep the audience on their toes. Just when we think we're getting comfortable with things as they are on the show, something huge happens and changes a dynamic. Now, the ENTIRE dynamic has been changed. We have a whole new set of circumstances to get used to.

Baltar has finally become the villain we all have hoped he'd become, instead of the spineless weakling he was for the first season and a half. His interactions with CapricaSix are going to be interesting. I predict he will end up killing her.

It seems like Dean Stockwell's preacher Cylon model might have been an early model, before all the "younger" ones came along. This could explain his model's apparent difference in view regarding humans.

We have the doctor

The one in season one's "Flesh And Bone" is Leobon. He's the one that Starbuck was sent in to get information out of about the supposed location of a nuclear warhead he claimed to have planted somewhere within the fleet. Roslin ended up ordering him to be executed via spacing, and right prior to that execution, he told Roslin that "Adama is a Cylon."

The doctor is the black guy who was treating Starbuck back on Caprica at the beginning of season two when Starbuck was with Sam and the rest of the human resistance movement and they were ambushed by Cylons. Starbuck was rendered unconscious during the assault and woke up in a hospital bed with this dude being the only person she saw for a while. It was all set up to make her think he was a doctor working with the resistance group, but she caught on that he was a Cylon and that they had harvested either some or all of her eggs. She killed him and tried to escape, and in the process of her trying to escape, she discovered that the Cylons were using some humans as a sort of breeding farm hooked up to a bunch of machines. It was because of this farm that Starbuck made Sam early in last night's episode promise to kill her before letting the Cylons take her back to that place.

I think the whole "skipped a year ahead" idea is fantastic. The writers of this show have the rare ability to keep the audience on their toes. Just when we think we're getting comfortable with things as they are on the show, something huge happens and changes a dynamic. Now, the ENTIRE dynamic has been changed. We have a whole new set of circumstances to get used to.

Word. It's the only way they could have pulled off settling the planet and while keeping the story interesting. Seriously, a whole year of nothing happening. It would have been Little Battlestar on the Prairie. Besides, change is good. Who was it that always talked about knocking over metaphorical tables for the viewers....

My favorite moment had to be when they brought Al into the brig. "I'm telling you, I'm not a Cylon! [sees himself]. Oh, well, then."

I will say, however, that they could have used another half hour for the episode. To me, it just felt like there were just a few scenes that should have had a couple extra moments to them. I'm not sure I can even pont them out, but it just feels a bit too clipped. Oh well. I'll just have to wait until October.

We have the doctor

The one in season one's "Flesh And Bone" is Leobon. He's the one that Starbuck was sent in to get information out of about the supposed location of a nuclear warhead he claimed to have planted somewhere within the fleet. Roslin ended up ordering him to be executed via spacing, and right prior to that execution, he told Roslin that "Adama is a Cylon."

The doctor is the black guy who was treating Starbuck back on Caprica at the beginning of season two when Starbuck was with Sam and the rest of the human resistance movement and they were ambushed by Cylons. Starbuck was rendered unconscious during the assault and woke up in a hospital bed with this dude being the only person she saw for a while. It was all set up to make her think he was a doctor working with the resistance group, but she caught on that he was a Cylon and that they had harvested either some or all of her eggs. She killed him and tried to escape, and in the process of her trying to escape, she discovered that the Cylons were using some humans as a sort of breeding farm hooked up to a bunch of machines. It was because of this farm that Starbuck made Sam early in last night's episode promise to kill her before letting the Cylons take her back to that place.

Ah, ok got ya now ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back