• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Enterprise TOS Mirror Universe Crossover Tonight

My curiousity is piqued, if for no other reason than just to see the Constitution Class USS Defiant after it emerges from interspace into the wrong universe.

I am a silly bitch.

I totally forgot last week that Enterprise was back with new episodes again. I hope I can remember tonight to watch.

Considering the mundane plot and that you're gay, there's no reason for you to watch last week's episode.

Re: Enterprise TOS Mirror Universe Crossover Tonig

Wow,

I really dug this episode. I liked the link with First Contact, the Defiant, and seeing everything from the mirror universe perspective was neat.

I also REALLY liked that they finally got to show us what a Tholian looked like. That was something I always wondered after watching TOS. Given the Tholians made that space web, I guess it makes sense that they looked like they did.

Can't wait for next week.

I wasn't super impressed by the episode. It was alright.

I REALLY enjoyed it... I still can't see Scott Bakula playing a great villain, but he did a good job with it.

I'm waiting for evil Hoshi (emphasis on the "ho") to reveal her Tantulus Field device. You KNOW she's playin the field...

FINALLY a Tholian!! My friends and I were crowded around the TV to see what it would look like... I must say after all these years, I'm happy they stuck to the original look. The Tholian Web looked freakin cool too... that's how fast they can make one when they have enough ships, eh? And they haven't taken over the galaxy why? :p

My mind is racing to see how this all ties in with TOS and beyond... not that it matters, since the series is soon to be over, but still... Enterprise is interestingfor a change.

The Good:
* I liked the different intro credit sequence.
* The Tholians were done well.
* The uniform changes were decent.
* Hoshi & T'Pol looked good.

The Bad:
* The plot was not all that enthralling.
* What happened to Scott Bakula's acting since Quantum Leap??? So good back then; sucks so bad now.
* The rest of the cast aren't great actors either (the doctor is usually pretty good, and Hoshi was probably the best performance last night).

Mixed Feelings:
* Kind of neat to see them include the TOS era, but it looks odd to see TOS technology supposedly be more hi-tech than the Enterprise era. I'm guessing next week, they also use the uniforms from TOS, which will probably also look like a weird inconsistency.

I REALLY enjoyed it

I agree with you and Recoil. This was undoubtedly the best Enterprise I've ever seen.

SPOILERS

As soon as I saw James Cromwell reprising the Zefram Cochrane role, I was all smiles. And the change in the opening credits was probably one of my favorite parts. This may sound extremely cynical, but as soon as I saw Cochrane take out that shotgun from his coat and shoot that Vulcan, I said to myself ... "Now this is really us." Frankly, I think the Mirror Universe portrays a more accurate portrayl of humanity than the normal Trek universe. Who knows, maybe its the real universe and the normal Trek universe is the offshoot, thanks to the interference of Capt. Picard and co. in First Contact.

And the change in the opening credits was probably one of my favorite parts.
Yes! I forgot to mention the change to the opening credits. I thought that was real neat and very well done. They definitely went all-out for this mini-arc.

I remember in TOS they said that the two timelines diverged somewhere after WWIII I think (dont remember the exact comment) but I didn't think it was at the time of First Contact. Maybe something happened just before then to make them the people they are to overpower the vulcans and attack. Either way, I thought it was very cool and another nice tie-in.

Frankly, I think the Mirror Universe portrays a more accurate portrayl of humanity than the normal Trek universe. Who knows, maybe its the real universe and the normal Trek universe is the offshoot, thanks to the interference of Capt. Picard and co. in First Contact.

This is an interesting theory. I'm not sure thats what the creators/writers had in mind at the time, but I have to admit, I like the sound of that. Never looked at it that way. :)

I usually hate "alternate universe" eps, but this one wasn't bad. Still, not my favorite Enterprise, but for me to actaully like an alternate Univ. ep is a near miracle.

Damn, T'Pol sure does have a long thorax.

Since the series and thus the franchise are ending, they may as well go all-out and do whatever and this is great.

Why are people more sexual in the alternate universe? I mean if the "real" universe is utopian, shouldn't it be more sexual?

Anyway, I advise against actually thinking about how the mirror universe works. I mean, was everything the same up until Cochran killed the Vulcan and then the universes split? Is it using the "infinite universes" theory but we're just only re-visiting one of them? And how would a post-apocolyptic people conquer a space-faring race? (Evil Archer said that the Vulcans were subservient to them)

PS- for a skinny Asian broad (not my type) Hoshi does look good.

While Archer, evil or otherwise, continues to annoy me, this was a cool episode. You could tell the actors were enjoying their evil personas, especially the guy playing Reed. And the opening credits were so much better than the normal Faith of the Heart.

Its also possible that the whole alternate universe happened because The Borg, and thus Picards Enterprise never went back in time in First Contact. Cochrane makes his warp flight like he planed to do all along, but without the Enterprise E crew there to tell him that Vulcans are good guys, he assumes they are there to conquer earth. (In First Contact he does assume that any aliens would be bad guys.)

I really enjoyed the episode. It was good fun...

As soon as I saw James Cromwell reprising the Zefram Cochrane role, I was all smiles.

I don't think he did though. It seemed all stock footage, then the gun coming out of the coat didn't show his face.

Its also possible that the whole alternate universe happened because The Borg, and thus Picards Enterprise never went back in time in First Contact. Cochrane makes his warp flight like he planed to do all along, but without the Enterprise E crew there to tell him that Vulcans are good guys, he assumes they are there to conquer earth. (In First Contact he does assume that any aliens would be bad guys.)

Question there is if that would create a paradoxon .. well .. not I guess if one could assume that the Mirror Universe Enterprise E would have gone back in theory too and would have, in spite of the evil thingy, and would have had the same effect on Cochrane.
Since otherwise ...
Cochrane prepares his warp flight .. no Enterprise. He kills the Vulcan. The "evil" universe develops. No brave, great courageous Enterprise E to go back in time to prevent that from happening.
Just where does the Enterprise E come from in the first place?

My main problem with Alternate Universe stories in "the" alternate universe is that .. no matter the century, there are always the same people around in principle, usually in the same positions, also if often completely different in character and also if basically everything else about the world is completely different. That just doesn't make sense .. how long would two so completely different Alternate Universes, after having split, stay somewhat paralell? Have the same people in similar positions? Well .. mostly have the same people still coupling up and still making the same babies, century after century. Most notably, if this is how it started, where did Spock come from?
Such Alternate Universes would remain paralell for some time .. the idea that if the split happened at Cochrane's first warp flight, that the universes would still be paralell by DS9 .. doesn't make much sense.

That being said, didn't see the episode :D .. am almost starting to regret that Enterprise just didn't manage to catch me at all in the first two seasons, it actually is sounding not-so-bad lately. I guess I should just watch the third and the fourth season someday :|

I don't think he did though. It seemed all stock footage, then the gun coming out of the coat didn't show his face.
I'm sure you're right, but it fooled me.

My main problem with Alternate Universe stories in "the" alternate universe is that .. no matter the century, there are always the same people around in principle, usually in the same positions, also if often completely different in character and also if basically everything else about the world is completely different. That just doesn't make sense .. how long would two so completely different Alternate Universes, after having split, stay somewhat paralell? Have the same people in similar positions? Well .. mostly have the same people still coupling up and still making the same babies, century after century. Most notably, if this is how it started, where did Spock come from?
Such Alternate Universes would remain paralell for some time .. the idea that if the split happened at Cochrane's first warp flight, that the universes would still be paralell by DS9 .. doesn't make much sense.

Yes, I've often thought that, too. I let it go, though, because that would also make my favorite Star Trek episode of all time, Mirror Mirror, impossible.

Yea I always wondered about that too. IMO it might have been somewhat possible for the TOS crew to be basically the same, but you would think the farther and farther you got from the point of divergence that people wouldnt be married to the same people and have the same kids, etc...

I let it go too though, mainly cause the DS9 mirror episodes never impressed me (because they never went anywhere). The TOS episode Mirror Mirror just owned.

I also liked Shatners books on the Mirror Universe Saga, and thought it painted a great picture.

And GKE, YES Hoshi is hot. She has never really been a character to pay attention to in the series, and I think this season they tried to give her more camera and development time. Id have to say...she has "developed" very nicely. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back