• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Wars Episode III trailer on "The O.C."

ARK1701

Regular
Star Wars Episode III trailer on \"The O.C.\"

Just saw it. Two words:HOLY CRAP!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Re: Star Wars Episode III trailer on \"The O.C.\"

I'll come back to this thread on the 14th.

That is when it goes up for free on the official site, correct?

There was an advert on during Survivor tonight that on 60 Minutes next Monday, Lucas is be on with a preview of RotS.

There was an advert on during Survivor tonight that on 60 Minutes next Monday, Lucas is be on with a preview of RotS.

I tell you, if the movie lives up to this trailer, Lucas has redeemed himself!! (crosses fingers) :)

Damn, I just downloaded the trailer.... that scene where they all come to arrest Palpatine gave me goosebumps. I don't know if George can redeem himsellf after the last two films, but now I'm at least somewhat motivated to see Episode III.

Damn, I just downloaded the trailer.... that scene where they all come to arrest Palpatine gave me goosebumps. I don't know if George can redeem himsellf after the last two films, but now I'm at least somewhat motivated to see Episode III.

FROM WHERE?!?!?!?!?!??!

Please put in the URL!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it's exactly kosher to do that, but I found the link at www.aintitcoolnews.com. Just click on the story about the trailer (in the coaxial section), go to the talkback section and there are a couple of addresses there ... or at least there were.

Downloaded it.

Eh. The trailer for AOTC seemed alright too, aside from the chomper sequence. Notice the lack of dialogue?

Teasers usually have no dialogue, if that's what this was.

None of the SW:AotC trailers did anything for me.

I do however remember almost crapping my in pants the 1st time I saw the Ep1(SW:TPM) trailer, you know, the one where you see Darth Maul with his double saber for the 1st time. I tell ya', when that second beam came out....

Lucas says last Star Wars 'not for children'

Sounds good to me! :cool:

No more "kids stuff".
That is a different matter. "Not for children" may just mean that the film has an unhappy ending. After all the evil Empire has to win.

Lucas says last Star Wars 'not for children'
Sounds good to me! :cool:

No more "kids stuff".

That is a different matter. "Not for children" may just mean that the film has an unhappy ending. After all the evil Empire has to win.

HEY! :mad: Lucas can dash my new found faith in him to pieces all on his own!! :mad:

He DOES NOT need help from you Andrew!! :mad:

Just kiddin'! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The problem with Lucas declaring that EpIII is not for children is that it completely knackers any sense of coherence through the Prequel Trilogy.

The most common defence when those of us who loved the OT, but are sorely disappointed with the first two movies in the PT, is that TPM and AoTC are aimed at children - a point apparently made by GL himself on more than one occasion.

So then comes EpIII, which he says is not aimed at children.

If it is indeed a darker, scarier, more grown up movie, he risks totally alienating the juvenile audience that Eps I and II were made for. If I were 8 years old, and loved the first two episodes, then got a closing movie in a completely different style not designed to cater for my tastes, I would be seriously dischuffed.

And

If the darker, scarier, more grown up Ep III is loved by the more mature audience, they are going to be even more disappointed by Eps I and II because they now have a shining example of what they could have been if GL had made more grown up movies from the off.

If the first two chapters are "kids films" then the final part should be also. Having made those "kids films", if he has now discovered that he cannot do what he needs to do in EpIII without making it darker, scarier and more grown up, then it only proves that

(a) he should have made the whole trilogy more grown up to begin with, and

(b) he doesn't have a clue about planning a story out in advance.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,

Two cents I happen to fully agree with GH! Lucas doesn't have a clue about planning a story out in advance...because Lucas is not a very good storyteller period. Study his early works and what he always felt he was good at...the kind of stream of consciousness "films" he wanted to do. Story and character have never been his strong suit. Judge this also by the fact that instead of remaining true to what was established by the OT, he's rewritten SW history and now is altering the OT to fit. This is nothing less than bad storytelling and lazy writing...and as C3P0 once said, "Oh, he excells at that, Sir."

Trailers are very deceiving, people. Never trust a trailer. They are designed to sell you on anything and a lot of effort is put into them so they will get you into a theatre, period.

Even horrid films can have incredible trailers....actually, a lot of the time, the more amazing the trailer, the worse the film actually is.

I had this to say about RotS and this trailer over at JMSNews in response to ARK saying, "Perhaps this film won't suck!":

Don't count on it...you're judging from a trailer after all. And trailers are easily deceivable...just look at AotC.

No matter how good this film might be (or more than likely not), it will always be diminished by the poor story, writing, and especially character development of the first two. Had they been done right, then this film could've paid off much better than it can now, even if it is good.

Personally, GL still wrote and directed, so I'm not expecting anything but two hours (+/-) of wowing FX and pretty pictures and sounds...but I'm really not expecting great indepth and powerful storytelling or characters...and I'm fully expecting more really bad dialogue.

It may end up being "cool" but will still have no substance.

For an example of how this is done correctly (and over three films) watch the LOTR Trilogy.

As for the OT, special FX be damned, they will always be the better trilogy. I don't care about FX as much as I want story and characters I actually give a shit about -- and I don't give a shit about any of the characters in the PT, and that is ultimately the cause of its overall demise.

CE

The problem with Lucas declaring that EpIII is not for children is that it completely knackers any sense of coherence through the Prequel Trilogy.

The most common defence when those of us who loved the OT, but are sorely disappointed with the first two movies in the PT, is that TPM and AoTC are aimed at children - a point apparently made by GL himself on more than one occasion.

So then comes EpIII, which he says is not aimed at children.

If it is indeed a darker, scarier, more grown up movie, he risks totally alienating the juvenile audience that Eps I and II were made for. If I were 8 years old, and loved the first two episodes, then got a closing movie in a completely different style not designed to cater for my tastes, I would be seriously dischuffed.

And

If the darker, scarier, more grown up Ep III is loved by the more mature audience, they are going to be even more disappointed by Eps I and II because they now have a shining example of what they could have been if GL had made more grown up movies from the off.

If the first two chapters are "kids films" then the final part should be also. Having made those "kids films", if he has now discovered that he cannot do what he needs to do in EpIII without making it darker, scarier and more grown up, then it only proves that

(a) he should have made the whole trilogy more grown up to begin with, and

(b) he doesn't have a clue about planning a story out in advance.

I'm not sure I agree. Changes in tone are to be expected in a continuing story. ESB was a lot darker than ANH or ROTJ. Plus, how do you expect Lucas to put an end to the Jedi Order and still have it kid-oriented? Jar Jar can only step in so much poop.

The Harry Potter novels have gotten progressively darker and more adult in tone, though "Half Blood Prince" is, from most indications, to be lighter than "Order of the Phoenix" and these are considered kid's books. And JK Rowling definitely has her story plotted out.

I don't think a change in tone will affect the coherence of the story. The actual characterization and plot will.

Here's an abstract "defense" of changing tone for the last film:

If a kid watched the kiddie movie Ep 1, then by now he's no longer a kid, so Ep III should be a bit more grown-up.

*received bribe money from LucasFilms...*

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back