• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What should the subject of the next novel trilogy be ?

SwiftBiscuit

Regular
We've had the Psi corps, Centauri, and Technomage books. What do you guys think would make a good base for the next set of novels?

The Vorlons, or the league of non-aligned worlds?

------------------
"You know I… I rather like this GOD fellow. He's very theatrical you know, a pestilence here, a plague there... Omnipotence, Got to get me some of that, Hmmm?" - Stewie (Family Guy)

First choice for me would be the story of Crusade (assuming it will not be renewed.)

Second choice would be what I call the missing years from Objects at Rest to A Call to Arms. This would include the story of Lennier and the Telepath War.

------------------

Well, we are hoping for Crusade to return in some way; and there are indications that JMS is saving the Telepath Crisis for a feature length movie.
A novel would be a poor substitute
wink.gif

I'd like to see the story of Mack and Bo. I mean, I wonder if they stayed on B5?

Perhaps they went with John and Delenn?

Or captained a Whitestar?

The possibilities...

------------------
"There's Snow White and the Seven Narns, Who's Your Little Pak'ma'ra, others..."
- Captain Matthew Gideon, The Needs of Earth
Rising Star

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
I'd like to see the story of Mack and Bo. I mean, I wonder if they stayed on B5?

Perhaps they went with John and Delenn?

Or captained a Whitestar?

The possibilities...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rangers Mack & Bo...

now that would be sweet...

------------------
I have no one to envy...
I envy you having me to envy...

Epic trilogy: The Life And Times of Jinxo.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I wouldn't mind seeing a trilogy about the Earth's point of view throughout the course of the series, from Mars breaking away to the assassination of President Santiago to the war with B5.

President Clark could feature prominently in it, and we can see things from his side and why he did what he did. It can tell us how he manipulated those around him and how he was so influential to other humans.

It could be the Morgan Clark trilogy.

------------------
All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belong. Now, I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear.
-Ambassador Jeffrey David Sinclair, War Without End

Or better yet: The Mutai: The Continuing Story.

------------------
"There's Snow White and the Seven Narns, Who's Your Little Pak'ma'ra, others..."
- Captain Matthew Gideon, The Needs of Earth
Rising Star

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>What do you guys think would make a good base for the next set of novels?
The Vorlons, or the league of non-aligned worlds?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Vorlon Homeworld.

Also Crusade, but it would be needed more than a trilogy.

------------------
Understanding is a three edged sword.

Though I have not had a chance to read the published trilogies yet, it might be interesting to have one about the relationship between the Narn and Centauri. Perhaps covering the first Enslavement of the Narn, the civil war in which they broke free, and the events following (there becoming a major power, and so on).

------------------
"No, they never end as tales," said Frodo. "But the people in them come, and go when their part's ended. Our part will end later - or sooner." - Frodo to Sam in "The Stairs of Cirith Ungol" The Two Towers, The Lord of The Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien

Travels of Lyta & G'Kar
(self-explanatory)

First Ones
(behind the scenes focus on Kosh, Ulkesh and/or Lorien; show the Vorlon homeworld; show the other First One races that help at Corianna 6; possibly show the introduction of telepath DNA into other races)

Epsilon 3
(Great Machine, Time Travel, Triluminary Devices, Varn's people, Draal, Zathras brothers, etc.)

B5 "Next Generation"
(Lochley, Corwin, Zack, Dr. Hobbs, Vir, and especially Ta'Lon)

Life of Valen
(possibly combine this with First Ones topics)

Adult Life of David Sheridan
(John's son, not his dad; I really don't care about this, but I get the feeling some people want to know what happened to him)

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to citizens of NY, DC, and to us all.

Okay, choice number one for a trilogy. The Shadow War of a thousand years ago, the story of Sinclair/Valen, and the reformation of Minbari Society. And oh yes, Sinclair/Valen finding Catherine Sakai. A shame that Katharine M Drennan hasn't written any more books - she could do sequels to herTo Dream in the City of Sorrows - best of the B5 books [that I've read]

Choice No 2.The Dilgar War, Deathwalker, the whole business. Sinclair's father fought in the Dilgar War - he could easily be a major character. And then, there's Franklin's father - he must have played a fairly important part in that war.

------------------

The story of Valen would make a great book (or two... or three), starting from the point where To Dream... left off. This could incorporate both the previous Shadow war and Valen's personal life.

The travels of Lyta & G'Kar - come on, they must have had plenty of adventures for a great trilogy!

Great_Dying's idea of a book covering the Narn-Centauri relations and history sounds intriguing as well. Perhaps that could be told from G'Kar's POV (considering his childhood under Centauri rule etc), to have some connection to the established characters.

I wouldn't want Crusade books as long as there is even the slightest chance of its return. Same goes for any other possibly interesting topics that might still make it to TV/big screen (like the Telepath War).

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
Epic trilogy: The Life And Times of Jinxo.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was actually thinking of that myself. The Grail Seekers have been around for a while, and who knows what sources and contacts they have. Jinxo could be invaluable to the search for a cure to the Plague.

Other than that,

1 Valen and the Last Great Shadow War
2 Dilgar War (with papa Sinclair & papa Franklin)
3 Babylon 5-Season 6 continuing series (hey DS9 can do it, why not us?)

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cern:
1 Valen and the Last Great Shadow War
2 Dilgar War (with papa Sinclair & papa Franklin)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ripped the thoughts right out of my mind, which brings me another trilogy-option:

Bester: about the time between the last 2 books of the Psi-trilogy (covers B5 series, the telepath war, and crusade)

Vorlons: about their creation of telepaths on 100 worlds.

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It’s a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media-elite."

If the telepath war is reserved for a cinematic production, and a Crusade series is still possible, then I think the Sinclair / Valen story would be a great trilogy.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

I would like to see the story of the formation of the Earth Aliance. I think it would be interesting to see how they pulled it all together. Secondly the story of the great burn and the recovery form it woudl be itneresting as well. the other ideas are great to, epecially the ones about the last great shadow war.

------------------
Scott Gifford

Please pardon the spelling errors, grammer errors and various sarcastic overtures

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SwiftBiscuit:
Well, we are hoping for Crusade to return in some way; and there are indications that JMS is saving the Telepath Crisis for a feature length movie.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All true.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
A novel would be a poor substitute
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't know about that. I've certainly enjoyed the Psi Corps, Centauri Prime trilogies, and the first two books of the Technomage trilogy.
smile.gif

How about the story of Valen, Catherine Sakai and the 1258 Shadow War, as the subject for another trilogy. It'd be a follow up on what was done in To Dream in the City of Sorrows, and take place from ~1258 (maybe a little earlier to establish the stage for Valen's appearance), and then go on through the life of Valen to his disappearance.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sinclair:
I wouldn't mind seeing a trilogy about the Earth's point of view throughout the course of the series, from Mars breaking away to the assassination of President Santiago to the war with B5.

President Clark could feature prominently in it, and we can see things from his side and why he did what he did. It can tell us how he manipulated those around him and how he was so influential to other humans.

It could be the Morgan Clark trilogy.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a bad idea! I like it.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/