• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sci-Fi Channel to air exclusive B5LR footage

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">Sci-Fi Channel to air exclusive B5LR footage</font>
<font size="3">New material to air in Frank Herbert's Dune</font>

The Sci-Fi Channel has sent along word to B5LR.com that it will be airing exclusive Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers footage next week.

The footage will air during a rerun of Frank Herbert's Dune on June 12-14, 9PM ET/PT. This is apparantly a one-time event, and the material won't be rebroadcast.

You can visit SciFi.com's Dune page by clicking here.

If any visitors to B5LR.com can send me a VHS video copy of this footage, or capture the video to their computer, please email me at antony@b5lr.com.

You realize that you're going to be inundated with videos from the faithful. Perhaps we should E-mail you to let you know we have a copy of the material and you select the one to send it to you.
laugh.gif

------------------

I already saw Dune, and while it was okay, I don't really want to go through it again. (I think Dune's story is too internal to the characters to be successfully adapted for the screen, big or small.)

So I'm supposed to blow six hours of my life I'll never get back to catch what, maybe 2 minutes of footage?

Okay, I'm in!!!!
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

For probably the first time in my life I'll be recording something for the commercials instead of the show.
shocked.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
So I'm supposed to blow six hours of my life I'll never get back to catch what, maybe 2 minutes of footage?

Okay, I'm in!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's what I like to hear!

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Sneaky ploy by SciFi to help Dune's ratings eh?
I mean one time only? LOL
You know my tape player will be recording
smile.gif

------------------
"Faith Manages"

I'll be watching it too...even though I've never read Dune or seen the original movie.

Interesting thing about the 12th: that's the starting date for the Witchblade series. I saw that commercial today and was caught by it because I heard someone (and then SAW someone) who reminded me a lot of Peter Woodward. Good thing to know that it wasn't just me who was noticing it: my father was the one who brought it up to me. I checked on the IMDB (which, might I say, has NOTHING on the B5LR message board there) and didn't see anyone related to Peter (his father and two siblings are in acting, also...weirdest thing is to see a Chimp who speaks with a machine that has the voice of Edward "Alwyn" Woodward on Lone Gunmen. Also, on the subject of Edward Woodward, I noticed on the IMDB (I LOOOVE THIS SITE!!) that he played Merlin in 1985 King Arthur movie, where Malcolm McDowell played Arthur, Rupert Everett played Lancelot, and Liam Neeson played somebody who I didn't even recognize....and I'm REALLY off-topic. Me sorry.
frown.gif
) And what I was trying to get at was that someone else was in Witchblade that I like: Roger Daltrey.
smile.gif
He was never in anything related to B5, but he WAS in Highlander. *S*

Crazybillyo,

You've never done that??? I've done that a few times. I did it once (I was stuck watching Nick Jr.) to get the X-Men Hardee's commercial recorded and I did it another time when I was trying to get the Avengers Milk commercial recorded.

The One Who Was,

Yeah, but they know that its going to work.
tongue.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Hmm... 9PM Frag players online or watch two mins of film!

I will go with FILM!!!
laugh.gif

------------------
Douglas Adams 1952-2001 "So long and thanks for all the books"
Home of the index of Alien races of Crusade: (Hopefully more updated more when Crusade comes back!)
http://babylon5crusade.cjb.net

Mumbles somthing about missing all the good stuff down here in Australia

I should move to USA just to get to see my favourite shows sooner.

Heh I prolly would if had resource's.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Sci-Fi sent more details on the footage, and I posted a new news item which you can find here: http://www.b5lr.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?id=992120877

I'll close this thread, as there's now a new one for the new news item.

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

Back