• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Wonderfalls Cancelled.

KoshN

Super Moderator
[South Park] They killed Wonderfalls, the Bastards! [/South Park]

From Tim Minear:

"Well, not sure what to tell ya'll -- but we're cancelled. Effective at once. The cow creamer will be silent this Thursday and forever forward. Once we recover from the not-shock, Todd, Bryan and I will see if there's some venue in which to air the remaining episodes. As I have said from the start, the thirteen taken as a whole tell a story and go to a place, so a run of this "limited" series would not be unsatisfying elsewhere. It's a question as to whether the studio will want to invest in a DVD release of a failed series. Maybe the episodes will sit in a warehouse someplace with that sled and the arc of the covenant.
Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm.

Tim"

http://www.buffistas.org/showthread.php?thread_id=71&post_id=9310

If you want to see the show on DVD, go over to:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

...and **VOTE** for it. You'll have to register with tvshowsondvd.com first, before you can vote.

If FOX Network doesn't reverse this decision, as far as I'm concerned, they no longer exist. They've done it to me too many times. Never again.

Cancelled Favorites:
(Network, years, latest 1st run airdate)
----------------------------------------
Strange Luck (FOX, 1995-1996) February 1996
**Brimstone (FOX, 1998-1999) February 1999
**Crusade (TNT, 1999) September 1999
The Ellen Show (CBS, 2001-2002) January 2002
The Tick (FOX, 2001-2002) January 2002
Special Unit 2 (UPN, 2001-2002) February 2002
*The Chronicle (SCI-FI, 2001-2002) March 2002
Firefly (FOX, 2002) December 2002
Farscape (SCI-FI, 1999-2003) March 2003
John Doe (FOX, 2002-2003) April 2003
Keen Eddie (FOX, 2003) July 2003
*Tremors - The Series (SCI-FI, 2003) August 2003
Peacemakers (USA, 2003) October 2003
Boomtown (NBC, 2002-2003) October 2003
L.A. Dragnet (ABC, 2003) November 2003
Wonderfalls (FOX, 2004) April 2004

* Guilty pleasure.
**Absolute Favorites.

Notice how almost half of the list is from <expletive deleted> FOX Network.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Not surprising. But such a shame.

I fell in love with the idea when I first heard about the show... but haven't watched it yet, wanted to see how things went.

I hope they bring out the 13 eps on DVD.

What the hell was Wonderfalls?

cast.jpg

Wonderfalls at Epquides.com

Wonderfalls at FOX
And that's a horrible picture of the lead (Caroline Dhavernas) on FOX's site. Some sort of twisted digital image manipulation must have been involved, 'cause she's gorgeous on the show.

Wonderfalls Pictures

Dude, KoshN. You watched "Tremors the Series"? :eek:

Yes, like I said, a "Guilty Pleasure." At least it's effects beat the Hell out of Sci-Fi's Original Movies like "Snakehead Terror." :p

Wonderfalls was a tremendously hillarious quirky hour-long show about this twentysomething Brown graduate with a philosophy degree who chooses to live in a trailer park and work at a Niagra Falls souvenir shop and suddenly one day inanimate objects start talking to her giving her instructions to do things, annoying the crap out of her until she does so. Their instructions always end up having her help someone, though frequently in a roundabout way and often in a way she wasn't originally thinking they would.

Notice how almost half of the list is from <expletive deleted> FOX Network.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

FOX hasn't done anything risky or daring since they became a "real" network.

Brimstone, Firefly, and John Doe were good shows, some done in by bad programming decisions, some by making the viewers (gasp) pay attention and watch the damn show. :mad:

Anyone still wonder why I don't have cable and my TV is just a viewer for my DVDs?

This is the first I've ever heard of what this show was about. The only other time I heard the name was in save the show mentions.

This is the first I've ever heard of what this show was about. The only other time I heard the name was in save the show mentions.
Heh, same here. Guess that is why no one watched it. It was a stealth show.

Heh, same here. Guess that is why no one watched it. It was a stealth show.

Wonderfalls: Born March 12th. Died April 3rd.

Man, even I saw the promos, and I was only watching "Tru Calling" on FOX prior to this. (Actually, I've archived all the eps. of "Tru Calling" but have only watched maybe half of them so far. Not caught up.) I stayed away from the "Wonderfalls" March 12th premiere, solely because it was a new show on FOX but then caught the net buzz on rec.arts.sf.tv and rec.arts.tv, and so I watched the March 18th encore of the premiere episode, and was immediately hooked. :)

The first episode did great (Rating: 8.39/10), but it seems that a lot of people thought it was a rip-off of "Joan of Arcadia" (which I don't watch at all.) and so they didn't tune in to the second episode (Rating: 2.6/5). Some of those who did tune in for the second ep. thought it was too early for that kind of episode, and the ratings only went downhill from there, 2.3/4 for the third ep, and 2.1/3 for the fourth.

So far I've only watched the first three eps., and liked them all.

Here's how it aired (all on FOX):

Wonderfalls
<ul type="square">[*]March 12th (Friday) 9PM-10PM. "Wax Lion"
[*]March 18th (Thursday) 9PM-10PM. "Wax Lion" encore on a special night, after "Tru Calling" - did well. FOX thinks "Tru Calling" and "Wonderfalls" are good together.
[*]March 19th (Friday) 9PM-10PM "Karma Chameleon"
[*]March 26th (Friday) 9PM-10PM "Wound-up Penguin"
[*]April 1st (Thursday) 9PM-10PM "Pink Flamingos" the "permanent" switch to Thursday nights
[*]cancellation
[/list]

The first episode didn't do a 8.4/10 rating. Unless people are adding up the rerun rating too, which would be odd.

I think the pilot got a 4.0/6.

Faux Network would have plotzed themselves for a 8.4. Sadly, Wonderfalls' numbers were much lower in the Friday and Thursday versions of the death slots.

Just to let you know, apparently they've taken the Wonderfalls Fox page down already. I think they're feeling a bit stung by the immediacy of the response. Internet fans knew before many of the affiliates did.

This Thursday, instead of a cow creamer you can enjoy a repeat of the ill-favored reality series "The Swan".

I'd tell you more bout it, but I'd rather break my own fingers than type the description.

Ro

Faux Network would have plotzed themselves for a 8.4. Sadly, Wonderfalls' numbers were much lower in the Friday and Thursday versions of the death slots.

Just to let you know, apparently they've taken the Wonderfalls Fox page down already. I think they're feeling a bit stung by the immediacy of the response. Internet fans knew before many of the affiliates did.

You think FOX is feeling stung by "the response" (What, angry fans emailing them?)? If so, too bad, they deserve it. :mad:

This Thursday, instead of a cow creamer you can enjoy a repeat of the ill-favored reality series "The Swan".

I'd tell you more bout it, but I'd rather break my own fingers than type the description.

Ro

I wouldn't watch FOX now if they paid me.

You think FOX is feeling stung by "the response" (What, angry fans emailing them?)? If so, too bad, they deserve it

Hopefully not, because the people answering the emails/phones are usually not deserving of the irate reaction. They didn't make the decision.

Mostly, from what I can tell, calls to Fox DVD asking that they plan on bringing out the Wonderfalls series on DVD.

I wouldn't dream of suggesting you should. Certainly not for The Swan.

Just remember, the best way to encourage quality TV is to follow it. Difficult as it is to find, that could even lead back to Fox. Eventually.

Not soon, mind.

Not living in America, I never saw Wonderfalls, but I did read raving articles over at aint-it-cool-news.com claiming that it is THE BEST SHOW ON TV and more of the like.

And now, it gets cancelled after four episodes.

What's wrong with American networks?? They keep cancelling great shows just after their inception, without giving shows a chance to really kick off and create a steady fan base. Just imagine a world in which shows such as Buffy, Angel, Babylon 5, 24, CSI and the like being cancelled after just FOUR episodes!!

But unfortunately, today it seems the chances of early cancellation seem greater than getting a normal run.

You think FOX is feeling stung by "the response" (What, angry fans emailing them?)? If so, too bad, they deserve it

Hopefully not, because the people answering the emails/phones are usually not deserving of the irate reaction. They didn't make the decision.

They don't answer email. Got their phone number? I have something I'd like to tell them. Don't worry, it's nothing angry, threatening or profane. Just a calm statement of fact that the cancellation of "Wonderfalls" was the last straw, and they've lost me as a viewer.

I wouldn't dream of suggesting you should. Certainly not for The Swan.

I am going to tune in to FOX on Thursday April 8th at 9PM (EDT), and when I see "The Swan" in "Wonderfalls" spot, I'm deprogramming FOX from my DVD Recorder and VCR, and deleting the Timer entries for FOX (including "Tru Calling"*), and changing the channel.

Just remember, the best way to encourage quality TV is to follow it. Difficult as it is to find, that could even lead back to Fox.

FOX? No, never again.

* That'll free up some space on my DVD-RAM discs and VHS tapes. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back