• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What are you watching now?

Sorry, Chilli, I had just assumed that as a sci-fi fan you had watched the whole series, already. My bad.

Ok what am I watching these days... well I just finished my Twin Peaks DVD box set. Man is that last episode a trip. Love it.

I picked up the Personal Best of Mython Python box set, in which each member assembles and hour's worth of their best Python bits. Got it for $30, couldn't resist. As much as I dig the best of Python, the actual episodes have way too much filler to merit investing in the entire series. Watched the Eric Idle disc, and while the guy is great, the moment that made me laugh the hardest was actually Graham Chapman, as an economic expert or some such, being interviewed in a dress, saying, "Well, I'd like to answer that in 2 ways- first in my normal speaking voice, then in a sort of high-pitched whine."

Sorry, Chilli, I had just assumed that as a sci-fi fan you had watched the whole series, already. My bad.

I kind of lost interest in Star Trek completely, just as season 6 of Deep Space Nine was airing, and Voyager just seeming more and more shit every time I gave it a chance. Also, it was the time when I could no longer take watching shows dubbed into German, as everything on TV is here. I could take it before I got to see some shows un-dubbed (fleamarket VHS tapes, et cetera) .. but the more undubbed TV I saw, the more painful the German versions got. By today, I only tune the TV in for Austrian TV for occasional news and sports. And the eurovision song contest, because I hate myself.

So I stopped watching it on TV, and didn't care for it enough to get myself copies over other means, as I did for B5. Only when they were recently rereleased on DVD for an affordable price, I got my fingers on DS9 in English.

I kind of lost interest in Star Trek completely, just as season 6 of Deep Space Nine was airing, and Voyager just seeming more and more shit every time I gave it a chance. Also, it was the time when I could no longer take watching shows dubbed into German, as everything on TV is here. I could take it before I got to see some shows un-dubbed (fleamarket VHS tapes, et cetera) .. but the more undubbed TV I saw, the more painful the German versions got. By today, I only tune the TV in for Austrian TV for occasional news and sports. And the eurovision song contest, because I hate myself.

So I stopped watching it on TV, and didn't care for it enough to get myself copies over other means, as I did for B5. Only when they were recently rereleased on DVD for an affordable price, I got my fingers on DS9 in English.

Man, ST annoys me in so many ways. I remember liking Deep Space Nine a lot and being mildly intrigued by both Voyager and Enterprise. I have never seen a single episode of the live action or animated original series nor have I seen that much of TNG. I have seen all the movies and enjoyed them, I think. The problem is I would love to have them on DVD, both because I want to discover things like TNG, Voyager and Enterprise and the original runs, and because I'm a sci-fi nerd that wants to see this stuff multiple times. But, the DVD sets are so insanely overpriced that I won't be buying them anytime soon.

Man, ST annoys me in so many ways. I remember liking Deep Space Nine a lot and being mildly intrigued by both Voyager and Enterprise. I have never seen a single episode of the live action or animated original series nor have I seen that much of TNG. I have seen all the movies and enjoyed them, I think. The problem is I would love to have them on DVD, both because I want to discover things like TNG, Voyager and Enterprise and the original runs, and because I'm a sci-fi nerd that wants to see this stuff multiple times. But, the DVD sets are so insanely overpriced that I won't be buying them anytime soon.

Yeah .. they were that too, here. Fortunately, TNG and DS9 have been rereleased in slim-packs, for something like a third of the original packs, in Germany. (Also in Brittain, I think .. not sure. No idea about any other European markets, as I only leech off those two)

The TOS boxsets annoy me. They were frightfully expensive. But, because it's TOS, my sister and I collected our money for them.

And .. the quality sucks. Not the episodes, of course, but the general picture quality. The films are dusty and filthy, and have not been restored one bit. But, of course, had to buy them anyways, because I'm a consumer whore, and they rightfully believe that people like me are their bitches.

I've heard that there will be re-releases .. with effects shots being replaced with CGI. Not interested in that.

Last edited:
Guys, you're on the internet. dvdpricesearch, amazon marketplace, ebay, etc... plenty of ways to get them cheaper.

Guys, you're on the internet. dvdpricesearch, amazon marketplace, ebay, etc... plenty of ways to get them cheaper.

I'm fully aware of those options and have checked them out. But, the original prices for the ST sets are so high that even those avenues still list them at far too high a price.

Yeah, I got my DS9 sets for the new, cheaper store price, + massive reductions by searching around. Making it something like 30 dollars a season, in the end.

Yeah, I got my DS9 sets for the new, cheaper store price, + massive reductions by searching around. Making it something like 30 dollars a season, in the end.

You Euros have convinced me to finally get a region free DVD player. I'm a huge Tick fan, and only in Europe did they actually release a complete boxed set of the series with all the episodes. Here in the states they have released the first two seasons so far, but due to Cindy Crawford possibly suing them they have left off an episode from each season, and that sucks.

Last night I watched this cute little flick I DVRed off of IFC called 11:14. It's basically one of those gimmick movies that tells a story from different viewpoints, kind of out of sequence, like Run Lola Run. It's entertaining, has a bit of silly gore, dead bodies, Hillary Swank, Rachel Leigh Cook looking deliciously trashy, and Patrick Swayze sporting a paunch and acting all douchy. Fun.

Actually just got through watching a rather creepy and Hokey B french/italian made Science fiction movie called Planets Against Us made in 1961 Staring actor Michael Lemoine. He's a cyborg one of 5 who hacve been sent to Earth to take down importatn military and civilian institurtions to pave the way for an Aline invasion. The movie is what it is but Its kind of a precursor to such films as Terminator. The movie is what it is, But Lemoine gives a very Creepy performance. He actually plays all five Cyborgs. :cool: The main Cyborg Character Is named Johnny Bronco and his mission is to steal a Paralyzing gas developed by an Earth Scientist.

I just finished volume 2 of the Animaniacs and now it is on to the criminally funny season 1 of Arrested Development.

I watched Arrested Development on DVD because of all the insanely worshipful praise it got all over the praise and it was... alright. I think it was case of it being over-hyped in my mind.

I started to watch No Country For Old Men using the On-Demand service (in HD, natch) of my cable company. 80 minutes in, the visual crapped out. I was so loving that flick, too, and I now I need to find another copy and watch the end. So pissed.

i love arrested development personally.

currently digging season 3 of the wire, also just re-watched "the princess bride" an all time favourite.

Season 3 of The Wire is my personal favorite.

Oddly enough, these days I mostly find myself watching old boxing matches on ESPN Classic.

Funny, I'm watching Season 3 of Farscape too. I've seen the show all the way through a couple years ago and really liked it. For some reason I got the bug to watch it again a couple months ago. I've learned a few things in the second viewing:

1) Season 1 is really awesome
2) Season 2, for the most part, is a big snoozer. There are only a couple of really good episodes in it, the rest of it I thought missed the mark
3) Season 3 makes up for Season 2. Fantastic season, and best of the series.

I think S2 picks up at the end with the Shadow depository. Otherwise, I tend to concur. Its a great show, and can't come back soon enough.

Yea the Shadow Depository trilogy thread was cool...but that was almost at the very end of the season. There wasn't much before it that really grabbed me. And Xan started to really annoy me in Season 2, whereas in Season 1 I thought she was decent. I guess I liked the "Princess" trilogy that took place about mid season. That one was fun!

Back