• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT Actual DISCUSSION Thread

Re: Actual B5:TLT News

So there could be a really cool message just chock full of news stuck in somewhere in cyberspace waiting for somebody to unclog the pipe

Tubes Joe. We all know the internet is made up of a system of tubes.

Well Yeah!!! They call it the Information Super Highway for a reason, ya know!!! :D

JMS\'s 12/1 post

Amazingly, a post from JMS just showed up on the moderated group:

Title: First B5:TLT photos & report from jms
Author: jmsatb5@aol.com
Date: 1 Dec 2006 16:33:39 -0800
Message-ID: <1165019619.083570.226170@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com>

Sometime tomorrow, an email from the scripts team at
www.babylon5scripts.com will go out with information containing the
first somewhat detailed report and my on-set photos, mostly taken
during pre-production, from the set of Babylon 5: The Lost Tales.
Sometime thereafter there will be a link to the info at the main
scripts site, but for those who want to get an early peek at these
behind-the-scenes shots, go ahead and get on the list and you'll get it
when it goes out tomorrow.

jms

Yes!

Jan

Re: JMS\'s 12/1 post

That, plus the Scripts Team has a website where they can post pictures and JMS doesn't.

Jan

Well, let us underlings know when/if they are ever available to the general public, ok? :LOL:

I just couldn't afford it.

Why not sign up anyway. You don't have to pay to sign up. Then you can get to know when the pictures are available. :D

The mail has been sent out:

December 1, 2006

As I write this, we have finished principal photography on "Babylon 5: The Lost Tales," coming in under budget and finishing a full day ahead of schedule.

This first DVD, entitled "Voices in the Dark," covers the same 72 hour period of time as Sheridan travels on board a Presidential Cruiser en route to Babylon 5 from Minbar for a celebration marking the 10th anniversary of the founding of the Interstellar Alliance. One part of the story follows Sheridan as he picks up an unexpected visitor on the edge of Centauri space, Prince Regent Dius Vintari, and a warning about what will come afterward delivered by the techno-mage, Galen. The other part of the story is set aboard Babylon 5, as Colonel Lochley summons a priest from Earth space to deal with a problem that may have dark supernatural overtones. The two parts of the greater story intersect at certain key plot and thematic points, so that they overlap and complement each other while telling separate, but simultaneous, stories.

The first DVD is going to require nearly 200 EFX shots, taking us all over Alliance space, and Babylon 5, which is being redesigned using the latest CGI technology. The same CGI is being used to create virtual sets a la Sin City, but on an even more detailed basis, in many cases integrating them with practical sets based on the original blueprint designs for Babylon 5.

A number of behind-the-scenes pieces were shot for inclusion on the DVD, as well as a number of original short pieces that will be filmed in February which feature glimpses into the future of Babylon 5 and her characters.

We have set-up a temporary webpage of photos from the shoot from my personal collection. These images mark the very first photos to emerge from production.
[http://babylon5scripts.com/TLT-JMS-photos.html]

For more information, keep an eye on www.babylon5.com as well as Babylon5scripts.com. WB will be integrating the internet as a key component for promoting B5:TLT and we are pleased to be a part of that effort.

Why not sign up anyway. You don't have to pay to sign up. Then you can get to know when the pictures are available. :D

Bingo! I've been on the B5 Scripts email list since the start, but haven't paid for a single script yet. Just wanted to be informed is all. :)

Colonel Lochley?

It's logical since ten years have passed. So is she still on B5?

Looks like the speculation of "Sheridan on Minbar" story, "Lochley on B5" story, and (now delayed) "Garibaldi on Mars" story was essentially correct, with somewhat of an exception for the Sheridan story....which appears to start on Minbar, but ends on B5.

I don't see why being a Colonel would necessarily mean her having a need to be reposted. The whole controversy over Sinclair being appointed was that he wasn't a high ranking officer. Remember Garibaldi's comments about it still being a cushy job that carried prestige despite all the headaches that come with it. Colonels were passed over to get to him. The primary reason Sheridan was appointed was because of his talismanic value in making the Minbari feel uncomfortable. Fortunately as Hague observed, Sheridan wasn't the testosterone poisoned skipper that Clarke would have liked.

I'm confused now.

Ive just looked up the army and navy rank structures and a navy Captain is the same rank as an army Colonel. In that case Lochely has not been promoted, just moved sideways. :confused:

The two parts of the greater story intersect at certain key plot and thematic points, so that they overlap and complement each other while telling separate, but simultaneous, stories.

I speculated a while back on Sin City-style stories which would weave in and out of each other. Sounds kinda cool :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back