• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

I'm glad I'll recognize Melissa Gilbert. I like her a lot.

Marcus has that beautiful, smooth British accent that I like so much, but my first love is still Garibaldi.

Boxie...would I be right in assuming that your favorite is...Sheridan? Hmmmmmm?

:D

"My first love is still Garibaldi". :) I like that.

There are so many excellent characters and actors on B5. May you enjoy most of them. :D :beer:

Boxie...would I be right in assuming that your favorite is...Sheridan? Hmmmmmm?:D

:D :D I'm in LUST!!

As for Mr. Garibaldi, Jerry Doyle does a GREAT job with an amazing character, and he has a nice caboose! :LOL:I'm not kidding, watch him when he's walking away from the camera! :eek: Oh my gosh!!

he has a nice caboose! I'm not kidding, watch him when he's walking away from the camera! Oh my gosh!!

You HAD to tell me that, didn't you? I KNOW what I'll be watching for tonight.

:p

You HAD to tell me that, didn't you? I KNOW what I'll be watching for tonight. :p

:LOL: Just trying to pass along some of my observations...help you understand the whole show. Let me know if I can do anything else! :p

Yes Boxie, Jerry does definately for sure has a great tush but so does someone else and we both know who that is. :D :D :D :D

Who? Who? I LOVE great tushes.

:cool:

:D Baby and I have had this discussion before, ilikemike... on an old board... :D and at some length!

In this case, I'm pretty sure she's talking about that handsome buck in her avatar and mine! :)

What amuses me about this subject is that most guys don't even think we look, but BOY do we LOOK!! :eek: :D My best advice to them: pull those pants up around your waist and tuck those shirts in guys!! :LOL: That concludes this public service message. We now return to your regular thread programming.

What amuses me about this subject is that most guys don't even think we look
Either the guys you know think it politic to play dumb on the subject, or else you know a particularly oblivious collection of guys.

I'll go with Franklin on this one:

For "very nice borders", look to Ivanova. ;)

What amuses me about this subject is that most guys don't even think we look
Either the guys you know think it politic to play dumb on the subject, or else you know a particularly oblivious collection of guys.

I'll go with Franklin on this one:

For "very nice borders", look to Ivanova. ;)
Everybody looks ;)

Oh, yeah!!!! I like to look...

Tonight's the night I start to look...at both Garibaldi AND Sheridan....

:p :p :p

Joe, that's a wonderful thing you caught in Soul Hunter. I've never noticed that. Now I'll have to go and rewatch. I too have caught a few things while watching every episode (even the ones I usually fast foward through.)

IlikeMike, Londo is an amazing character. I loved him so much that when the series ended, I had to go out and buy the Centauri Prime trilogy (books) so I could learn more about him. Put those on your list AFTER you finish Season 5.

IlikeMike, Londo is an amazing character. I loved him so much that when the series ended, I had to go out and buy the Centauri Prime trilogy (books) so I could learn more about him. Put those on your list AFTER you finish Season 5.

Yes, Londo is absolutely amazing. He is a man with a heart, but he is weak is many other ways. Jurasik truly brings the character to life. I continue to watch his evolution as the Shadows grip him in their very special vise.

I have what might be a very silly question. It's about the White Star in "Matter of Honor." Was this given to Sheridan as a gift by Delenn or the Minbari? They were taking it back to B5, yes? Then they encountered one of the Shadow ships and drew it into the jump gate and destroyed it when they created a jump gate within a jump gate? Did I get all that right? Could someone please explain all that to me?

Was this given to Sheridan as a gift by Delenn or the Minbari?

I think it's technically a gift from the Anla'shok (Rangers).

They were taking it back to B5, yes? Then they encountered one of the Shadow ships and drew it into the jump gate and destroyed it when they created a jump gate within a jump gate?

They left B5 to hook up with the White Star and take it to the Drazi colony that was hosting a Ranger training camp in order to help the Rangers that were trapped on the planet by the minefield escape. While there, they ran into the Shadow ship. Sheridan then hit upon the idea of openning a jump point inside an activated jumpgate to cause an explosion big enough to destroy the Shadow ship as it chased them.

Thank you. For some reason, none of that clicked with me. It makes perfect sense now. I appreciate the explanation.

Opening a jump gate while in a jump gate was a bold move on Sheridan's part. Don't forget, Susan warned him that it had been tried before... :( and always unsuccessfully. If I remember right, she even told him it became known as the :LOL: "bone-head" maneuver, because it just doesn't work!

My point is: I see Matters of Honor, and those scenes in particular, an excellent example of the caliber of both the ship and its :cool: captain.

Back