• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade & Legends of the Rangers-I've Asked This Before

Dayton3

Regular
I know I've asked this before, but will we ever get to see the resolution of the Crusade storyline onscreen?

Or the Legend of the Rangers storyline?

I'm so hoping to one day see Crusade revived that right now I would tolerate seeing a recast of the characters.

I know I've asked this before, but will we ever get to see the resolution of the Crusade storyline onscreen?

Or the Legend of the Rangers storyline?

I'm so hoping to one day see Crusade revived that right now I would tolerate seeing a recast of the characters.

Never say never, but, no current plans are known...

JMS hinted heavily that we would have seen part of the Crusade story in the ill-fated TMoS feature film.

Now that he's developing a name for himself as a feature film writer perhaps the chaces are greater than they had been but so far he hasn't said anything about it.

Jan

It has come to my attention recently that the "Drakh Plague" part of the storyline was going to be resolved in the second season of Crusade.

What was going to crop up after that?

It has come to my attention recently that the "Drakh Plague" part of the storyline was going to be resolved in the second season of Crusade.

What was going to crop up after that?

The major points that really stick with me that jms has revealed he was planning on having happen are:

1. Gideon was going to have been killed at the end of season one with the Apocalypse Box having some function in his eventual return.

2. Dureena was going to come into possession of a sword without remembering how she got it, and eventually she was going to develop techno-mage-like powers, which would cause Galen concern over how she had acquired them and what they were doing to her.

3. The Excalibur was going to "go rogue" and work against Earth after discovering that Earth was engaging in numerous black projects involving left over Shadow technology, a particular concern of Galen's given that techno-mage's technology is Shadow tech and his first-hand knowledge of how dangerous it is and how much it can screw with a person's mind interacting with it.

3. The Excalibur was going to "go rogue" and work against Earth after discovering that Earth was engaging in numerous black projects involving left over Shadow technology, a particular concern of Galen's given that techno-mage's technology is Shadow tech and his first-hand knowledge of how dangerous it is and how much it can screw with a person's mind interacting with it.

I personally thought it was going to be a little more complex than that. I don't believe it was going to be the Earth Government itself that Excalibur would be going up against. I think it would have been more likely to be the black projects. Unfortunately the people behind them would spin lies about the Excalibur going rogue and persuade the Earth Government through propaganda, that they were right and the Excalibur was rogue.

This would have made it especially interesting with regard to the Interstellar Alliance's support of Excalibur... because I believe they would have been made aware of the truth and would be in a highly interesting political position.

Sounds like he was going to go the "Blakes 7" route.

Anyone have an idea about what the Apocalypse Box was supposed to be?

I have heard somewhere that it was supposed to be older than the Shadows even.

What was it? The leftover essence of one of the departed first ones?

Sounds like he was going to go the "Blakes 7" route.

Anyone have an idea about what the Apocalypse Box was supposed to be?

I have heard somewhere that it was supposed to be older than the Shadows even.

What was it? The leftover essence of one of the departed first ones?

I always got the impression it was a kind of parasite. I seem to recall it being mentioned that as time went on, the voice it spoke with was supposed to become more obviously Gideon's voice, and that it was already starting to influence Gideon's opions and decisions, as if the more exposure to it, the more connected it's owner became to it.

I always got the impression it was a kind of parasite. I seem to recall it being mentioned that as time went on, the voice it spoke with was supposed to become more obviously Gideon's voice, and that it was already starting to influence Gideon's opions and decisions, as if the more exposure to it, the more connected it's owner became to it.

Perhaps similiar to the aliens encountered on Babylon-5 that attached themselves to hosts and were dedicated to collecting information and knowledge.

The Apocalypse Box could've been a very old variant of that.

Perhaps similiar to the aliens encountered on Babylon-5 that attached themselves to hosts and were dedicated to collecting information and knowledge.

The Apocalypse Box could've been a very old variant of that.

Yea. Both the Vindrizi (the Spinal parasites) and the alien from "Path of Sorrows" Crusade episode seem to come to my mind.

As I have posted in other places, I really, really want to see both of these stories played out. I don't even need them in cinematic form, I would be perfectly content with a series of novels that would continue the story threads form both Crusade and LOTR.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back