• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Its not a *Secret* anymore folks

Only on the East Coast. Only on the East Coast... it did spectacularly on the West Coast, where there wasn't a pigskin and a bunch of sweaty jocks to compete with it. And it WOULD HAVE DONE AS WELL on the East Coast! Jeez! The audience is there!

The fight isn't over yet!

There is always hope!

I'm going to be terribly optimistic until I hear otherwise!

*crosses her fingers and watches the Narn Cheerleading Squad move into action*

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

[This message has been edited by channe (edited January 28, 2002).]

Yeah, it kinda makes you wonder why sci-fi would schedule the movie against the friggin' NFL playoffs. Talk about your bonehead moves. Once again, I rest my case for the idiocy of the sci-fi channel. I hope you guys gave Bonnie Hammer a nice Christmas present, because ratings alone ain't gonna do the trick.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

Thank you for the official news. Well folks, it looks like Dylan was right, and that once again, B5 is 'The Little Engine that Could.' I for one have never taken the time or interest to ever write a TV network over a television show, it always seemed kind of silly to me. But the last few months, and the interaction with everyone on this website has changed my view on that --- at least as far as Rangers goes. I am off to send email and snail-mail to Sci-Fi. Thanks to Joe D for getting us all the information we need to get things going forward.

While Babylon 5 was the last, best hope for peace, perhaps www.b5lr.com is the last best hope for Legend of the Rangers
smile.gif
Lets do what needs to be done!

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Yeah, it kinda makes you wonder why sci-fi would schedule the movie against the friggin' NFL playoffs. Talk about your bonehead moves. Once again, I rest my case for the idiocy of the sci-fi channel. I hope you guys gave Bonnie Hammer a nice Christmas present, because ratings alone ain't gonna do the trick. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you not see any of the other posts concerning this on the board? Good riddance. Sci-Fi had it scheduled before they knew there was going to be a game that night.

------------------
"We live for the one, we die for the one."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Sci-Fi had it scheduled before they knew there was going to be a game that night. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They changed that date around so many times it made my head spin -- was one more time such a big deal? Like it even matters anymore, the damage has been done.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

I gain NOTHING from promoting that site. There is NO advertising on that site. That site has caused me great loss in time, money and energy. That site will be going down soon enough. I post it as a favor here to you folks. It has addresses and sponsor information readily available. And in some small way it may have contributed to there even being a Rangers. So by all means, do not go there and do take offense for me even having the audacity to post it here.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadowman:
Could you possibly stop promoting that site, tim?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool your jets
smile.gif

What is wrong with someone posting a link to a site whose sole purpose is to help revive Crusade, and even help in getting Rangers on the air in the first place? The more help the merrier.

Tim, thanks for the help and keep it up. Some people just cant see the forest through the trees
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

[This message has been edited by Recoil (edited January 28, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadowman:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well thats the first time i've seen a link to that site within any posts...

whats the problem with linking to a site that gives us relevant information?

...or am i missing some vital piece of information?!
wink.gif

cheers!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> So by all means, do not go there and do take offense for me even having the audacity to post it here.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's all this about? As far as I know, you're the first one to come up with some soild numbers. Are we now gonna get mad at the messenger for bringing the bad news?

------------------

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

errr ... why ?

------------------
"You are all in violation of security ordinance 22V3A. That means get the hell out of here!
"
- Zack

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Only on the East Coast. Only on the East Coast... it did spectacularly on the West Coast, where there wasn't a pigskin and a bunch of sweaty jocks to compete with it. And it WOULD HAVE DONE AS WELL on the East Coast! Jeez! The audience is there!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe Rangers went up against the game in both the Central and Mountain timezones as well. There is more to the USA than just the coasts.

------------------

It's perfectly OK for Tim to post his link here. We're all in this thing together, after all...

Tim, I like the site. Keep it up!

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Yes, Tim has done *a lot* in support of Crusade, & I'm sure that he will do the same for Rangers. He's cool.
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tim and Heather's site has been a central clearing house for information for some time now. They've devoted significant time and effort to keeping it updated, and the fanbase for the B5 universe informed.

Posting the link for this info doesn't hurt this site, and provides the information we've all been waiting for.

So back off, Shadowman, you're way out of line.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>There is more to the USA than just the coasts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But there are only two national Sci-Fi Channel feeds. So everyone either got the movie during the game (if served by the east coast feed) or after it (if served by the west coast feed.) The mountain time zone, especially, tends to be a patch-work, with individual cable companies choosing one or the other. Even on the west coast, some cable and satellite customers only get the east coast feed, so they would have had to choose between the movie and the game, even though the movie started at 6 PM local time.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Springob:
I believe Rangers went up against the game in both the Central and Mountain timezones as well. There is more to the USA than just the coasts.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, there is not.

Back