• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Masters of the Universe!

A_Ranger

Regular
Oh sweet tap dancing Jesus, does anyone else remember this movie? I used to love it as a kid, and so I recently plopped down a few dollars on it for some kicks. Oh wow its worse than I expected. I couldn't stop staring at Skeletor's mask because the nostrils aren't actually nostrils, they are just painted black to look like nostrils.

And the matte painting, holy crap. 10 years after star wars and it looks like a cartoon in the background. I mean, jeez! And for a movie that's supposed to be starring He-Man, he barely does anything or has any lines. It focus almost entirely on the lame humans. My childhood is now thrown into doubt (not really, but still)

Yeah, I remember that movie. Despite wanting to, I never quite really liked the movie. I loved He-Man cartoon on tv when I was little. MASK, He-Man, and Thundercats were probably my big three cartoons way back then. But I never quite felt the cartoon was transfered to live-action movie all that well. :(

Within the last few years I had the opportunity of catching clips from my two favorite childhood cartoons, He-Man and Voltron. Oh boy were they bad, not like I remember. Bad idea.

Didn't the movie star Dolph Lundgren? How did that guy get movie roles?

I remember seeing it again awhile ago and getting freaked out by a young Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris from Voyager) as one of the hapless humans that get tossed into the plot. Such a dumb movie.

I remember seeing it again awhile ago and getting freaked out by a young Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris from Voyager) as one of the hapless humans that get tossed into the plot. Such a dumb movie.

That and Courtney Cox as his girlfriend. I thought whoever played Skeletor was pretty cool though.

I had a similar experience with a Cyberpunk movie called "Nemesis". I watched this on video with my mates when I was about 16, and we swore it was the coolest d*mn movie we'd ever seen.

Fast forward 12 years and I spy it on DVD for a fiver, so pick up.

Suffice to say, it's pretty d*mn far from being the coolest movie ever.

:(

VB

Within the last few years I had the opportunity of catching clips from my two favorite childhood cartoons, He-Man and Voltron. Oh boy were they bad, not like I remember. Bad idea.

Didn't the movie star Dolph Lundgren? How did that guy get movie roles?

I liked Voltron. :D

I'm glad someone else I know of recalled MASK. It was a very fun and serious cartoon (back then), even with the annoying droid and kid. :D

Voltron was great, but all I can recall is the one with the lyons. The Vehicle toy was cooler.

I have NEVER liked the He man live action movie. The She Ra christmas special was better then Masters of the Universe.....and that is SAYING something. :p THank goodness the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live movie was at least servicable and mildly entertaining.

And Dolph Lundgren acting is only beat out by the Seattle infamous Brian Bosworth. :LOL: :(

I always thought the head-shaved, sword expert in that posse of guys trying to steal the cosmic key was cool. I liked him quite a bit, really. He had to be the coolest guy in that movie.

I remember thinking that Masters of the Universe was cool when I was 7. But now it even pales in the shadow of the He-Man cartoon.

Me, I was a Transformers fan. Still am. Got the live-action movie and the new comic book series from IDW to look forward to.

I realize the old Transformers movie killing so many off was a way to sell new toys but it still made for a damn good movie. It was as if everybody had suddenly taken marksmanship classes and spent a few weeks at the range.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back