• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Scott Pilgrim

Anyone else enjoy? I found it to be a load of fun and worth it for the following dialogue alone:

"I was just bi-curious"

"Well I'm bi-FURIOUS"

I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, as I have never read the books, I think I suffered a bit as they crammed so much in. Some characters seemed utterly pointless.

I think it would have been better if it was spread out over more than one film.

I enjoyed it... personally not as much as Wright's previous efforts (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz (the latter being my personal favourite but then I am a small town Brit)).

I follow the Mark Kermode/Simon Mayo's twitter updates and I get the impression that Kermode is going to rip into it horrificly on Friday (he said three words... Howard the Duck). I think that would be thoroughly undeserved... and he probably doesn't "get it" as he is not of a generation that can appreciate it's humour. It's firmly aimed at late gen x's and gen y's.

Curiously I do perceive the dating game in a similar fashion ;-)

I found the movie to be seriously awesome. Came out with a big grin on my face ... and proceeded to go see it again later that weekend.

Loved the movie!
I am reading the books now, they are even better. I think Michael Cera might not have been the best choice for Scott, or at least not played it right. Scott Pilgrim is supposed to be more of a really excitable, if clueless guy. Going nowhere at 120 miles per hour if you will. Cera played the same character he does in every movie, which he does very well, but its not quite the same.

I enjoyed it... personally not as much as Wright's previous efforts (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz (the latter being my personal favourite but then I am a small town Brit)).

I follow the Mark Kermode/Simon Mayo's twitter updates and I get the impression that Kermode is going to rip into it horrificly on Friday (he said three words... Howard the Duck). I think that would be thoroughly undeserved... and he probably doesn't "get it" as he is not of a generation that can appreciate it's humour. It's firmly aimed at late gen x's and gen y's.

Curiously I do perceive the dating game in a similar fashion ;-)

Kermode is an over-opinonated and over exposed wa*nker of a critic who has no sense of what is entertaining or of interest to anyone other than himself. I've nver disagreed with a critic so much.

His hatred of something is usually a green light for me to go see it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back