• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

V

Ohhhh, gotcha. I remember the "V" being spray painted with red by the resistance.

However, Grandpa did stop the folks who were messing up the Visitor posters, and said "No, do it like this, "V"...for Victory". And why would anyone use graffiti on the posters unless it was an insult or a call to victory?

Ive got mixed feelings on this. First off, I LOVED the original Miniseries V. Extremely well done. Definitely played up the pre-World War II politics, among other things. Casting was good, writing was better. Im concerned naturally that this remake wont at all live up to the original.

That all said, I thought V: The Final Battle was really, REALLY cheesy. The original creator of the first mini had nothing to do with it, and whoever they got came up with some crap plot and hoakey storylines to end the series with some deus ex machina super girl. Pretty lame.

I think they have a decent cast lined up for this retelling, but I so enjoy the original, Ill have a tough time enjoying this new one more. Every year or two I like to dust it off and watch it. In fact, maybe Ill go do that now. :)

:thumbsup:Loved the first V mini series, a absolute classic... The Nazi overtones was unforgetable. Exceptional writing!!!

V "The Final Battle" the second mini series was good, until they made the baby alien/human hibrid have special powers. Then it sunk like a rock. That climax where the little girl touches the controls and stops the bomb count down was lame. :cardie: :( But the second one did have it's moments. Loved the title theme at the start. Sent chillies of excitement down my spine and the acting was great. :) I hope they use the music from both mini series on the new show. It's a staple like the Star Trek tv show theme song is.

The 'V' tv show was fair, but the budget was way lacking and the absence of laser fire took it's toll on the show, not to mention they seemed to run out of ideas and kept reusing the same video footage as well. A sad climax to something that had such phenominal potential. I'm going to go watch the two mini series again (I'll forward through the lame part in part II)... I SO LOVE ANYTHING "V' IT WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART. BYE! PEACE OUT...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back