• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Experiment

Not sure if anything has been mentioned about this here yet, but here it is:

Scenario~ A part time taxi driver decides to take part in an experiment that's set up like a mock prison. The men who are eventually chosen are broken down into two distinct groups; one group becomes the "guards", while the other becomes the "prisoners". At first, all seems to be going according to plan. Then... the proverbial shit hits the fan.

This may not appeal to everyone, but it's still worth checking out, especially if you like a good suspense thriller. I'm still somewhat shaky, even though I finished watching it about half an hour ago. If it clicks with you, you WILL be entranced by it. I promise you that.

Also, as a sidenote, it's a German film. Subtitled, of course.

P.P.S.: I'm finding it odd that some of the best movies I've seen this year have been foreign films. Well, foreign and/or classic American films.

Also, if you ARE indeed interested, here's what the IMDB has to say about it. CLICK

Thanks for the link, saved me looking it up. I thought the experiment sounded familiar. I had heard of the Sanford experiment, and later, similar ones that involved supposedly giving electric shocks. Where did you see this? Was it on cable? It does sound interesting. As we've discussed on other threads, foreign films are often where it's at, and are usually devoid of Hollywood extravagant crapola. I'm going to see 90 minutes of anime shorts, dating back to the 40s, at the local Japanese film series on Friday.

Wasn't there a British series about this sort of experiment 2 summers ago? It sounds familiar.

Its based on a classic sociological experiment. It's about roles and what happens when you assume them. I wont go into more detail because it might ruin the movie. But the experiment itself was pretty intense.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back