• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sherlock (BBC)

Chilli

High Treason Prevention Officer
Has anyone else been following this series?

I'm generally not much of a fan of modern adaptations of classics, but I've been greatly enjoying this show (if a 3-part miniseries can be called a "show" - am hoping for more, though. And with 1 1/2 episodes, having only 3 episodes isn't that bad). It's working quite well for me in that it, in spite of the modern environment and all that, it feels quite true to the source material (which is to say, Sherlock Holmes is exactly the same dick he was in the the stories.) without being so rigid to take the suspense out of it.

rjb said:
(On a side note, I've now seen the first two BBC "Sherlock" episodes, also written in part [and part-created and part-produced] by Steven Moffat, and both have been [IMHO] excellent, despite a few far-fetched bits.)
And I thought the 3rd was as good, even if the ending was a bit artificial.

Yes, the ending was almost Russell T. Davis style. The whole thing was otherwise hugely entertaining and well cast. I can't wait for more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back