• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dollhouse

Finally got around to watching this (it finished airing in the UK last week). Overall, I think it was better than a lot of other shows on TV at the mo, so I wish it had continued. Having said that, it never really hit utter awesomeness like all of Joss' other shows did.

Is he going to have another crack at a TV show?

We're still in the dark as to what his next plans are. He's directing an episode of "Glee" at some point but that's like a one-week commitment. And Dr. Horrible 2 is going to happen at some point but largely dependent on Neil Patrick Harris's time commitments.

Beyond that -- rumors only.

I read something on Whedonesque the other day that Eliza Dushku has said something about sometime in the not too distant future she and Joss might team up to do some film the two of them have been talking about for the past couple of years.

I read something on Whedonesque the other day that Eliza Dushku has said something about sometime in the not too distant future she and Joss might team up to do some film the two of them have been talking about for the past couple of years.

That's one of the rumors I was referring to, as I'm on Whedonesque almost as often as I am here, but it's still too vague to really say anything will come of it.

We're still in the dark as to what his next plans are. He's directing an episode of "Glee" at some point but that's like a one-week commitment. And Dr. Horrible 2 is going to happen at some point but largely dependent on Neil Patrick Harris's time commitments.

Beyond that -- rumors only.

I'm loving Glee at the moment. After the strong pilot it stumbled for a few episodes in my opinion, but it seems to be hitting it's stride now. Interesting to see if I can notice Joss directing without knowing what episode it is beforehand.

I *still* haven't goten round to watching Dr. Horrible (although I have watched The Guild which I believe was Joss' inspiration for Dr. Horrible).

I *still* haven't goten round to watching Dr. Horrible (although I have watched The Guild which I believe was Joss' inspiration for Dr. Horrible).

Inspiration of form, yes. And it's no accident Felicia Day's involved in both. The Guild is wonderful indeed but Dr. H is magnificent. And available via Netflix on-demand, too!

Inspiration of form, yes. And it's no accident Felicia Day's involved in both. The Guild is wonderful indeed but Dr. H is magnificent. And available via Netflix on-demand, too!
Not in Nottingham it's not.

:p

Not in Nottingham it's not.

:p

Indeed.

Just looking up waht Netflix actually is and we do have our own version in the UK called LoveFilm, but I thought Dr. Horrible was available to watch on youtube like The Guild?

I know we've totally derailed this thread now, but as Dollhouse is finished I guess that's acceptbale?

Dr. Horrible was up and available for free for one week. It's available on Hulu (again, not outside the US), and for purchase on iTunes (possibly outside the US? I don't know).

If it's up on YouTube it shouldn't be, because Joss & Co. wouldn't have put it there.

I've finished this show at last, and I've got to say .. Joss sure enjoys to

Spoiler for Dollhouse:
shoot people in the brain.

All-in-all, I truly enjoyed the first few episodes of the season - there were some pretty cool stand-alone episodes there. But I really couldn't have cared less about the dramatic arc, that became more and more tedious as the season went on (though yes, the finale was a lot better than the penultimate episode. And, Summer Glau was fantastic.)

So my final verdict for this show is, essentially, "it had its moments".

It also had its really, really lame moments, like in the final episode ..

Spoiler for Dollhouse:
Topher's heroic death. "Someone has to set it off manually" is a painfully overplayed trope as it is, but this one was especially stupid. Topher could not have constructed a remote detonator or a time-delayed detonater? Really? Topher? Honestly?

It also doesn't help that the blast was not even very big, and didn't even go off the moment Topher pushed the detonator. Had he run, he might have escaped.

The only somewhat logical explanation would have been that Topher wanted to die to repent for having destroyed the world - and I'm virtually certain this is what the producers had in mind - but it made no sense to me that DeWitt would just let this happen.

I also was not really sold on the Boyd-twist ..and it was obvious to me from the start that Perrin was the doll, not his wife. But, I totally did not see Bennett's demise coming, so I give them credit for that one.

It also had its really, really lame moments, like in the final episode ..

Spoiler for Dollhouse:
Topher's heroic death. "Someone has to set it off manually" is a painfully overplayed trope as it is, but this one was especially stupid. Topher could not have constructed a remote detonator or a time-delayed detonater? Really? Topher? Honestly?

It also doesn't help that the blast was not even very big, and didn't even go off the moment Topher pushed the detonator. Had he run, he might have escaped.

The only somewhat logical explanation would have been that Topher wanted to die to repent for having destroyed the world - and I'm virtually certain this is what the producers had in mind - but it made no sense to me that DeWitt would just let this happen.

I also was not really sold on the Boyd-twist ..and it was obvious to me from the start that Perrin was the doll, not his wife. But, I totally did not see Bennett's demise coming, so I give them credit for that one.

Of course Topher could have figured it out, clearly he was doing it

Spoiler for Dollhouse:
... to atone, but also because he thought of himself as a dangerous weapon in and of himself. DeWitt accepts his choice because she knows he's right. That's why she wants to be there with him, but he tells her she has the "way harder" job of fixing the world.

Truth be told, I felt that was one of the better moments of the last episode.

Spoiler for Dollhouse:
Boyd's twist left me completely underwhelmed, though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back