• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Scif and fantasy's funniest moments some intentionall and some not

Babylon 5 A Day in the Strife, . The Alien probe that promise knowledge, which turns out to be a designed to take out potential threats, What was funny was after they got ride of the Probe which would destroyed the Station

Sheridan said "Damn now we have to go back to that meeting"

And Ivonova gives him this strange look. then you see that back arguing with the B5 labor force. which is what they were doing before this crises with the alien probe:guffaw::bolian::thumbsup::rommie::devil::alienblush:

Garov, your smilie strings are starting to burn out my retinas.

I'm not complaining, just pay my medical bills...

Yeah Kosh Fan they are getting a tad elaborate ill cut them down, by the way was wondering if you have ever read The Star Rover By Jack London? It could be called his only fantasy novel. I ve described it to Hypatia on the thread about movers in scif and fantasy thread.

Garov, your smilie strings are starting to burn out my retinas.

I'm not complaining, just pay my medical bills...

You should have seen me at a certain member's board once... I could do a smilie party to beat the band. :thumbsup:

The fish swimming in martini glasses was the pinnacle of my 'art', I think. Either that or the gutter hearts. :D

I agree Wormhole Extreme was Insane But to me there is one Stargate episode that is truly Unspeakable, An episode to horrible to contemplate, one that demands an a Apology from both the producers and the writer. Stargate Episode 200, my God they dismantled everything in that one , The furlings? the wizard of Oz, Star trek, then they just had to take a shot at farscape. If that wasn't bad enough they topped off that bit of infamy with the Team America bit. The puppets went through the gate and the strings got cut, oh that painful to watch. This has got to be the funniest episode Stargate has ever done. :guffaw::LOL::rommie::thumbsup:;):drool::):devil: Sorry koshfan i couldn't help myself here with the smile line, It got away from me this time.

Last edited:
The Japanese series Ultraman, that one was pure campy fun. It had some of the silliest looking monsters, badly written and badly dubbed. Unintentionally funny, this is one I would not have missed for the world.

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN THAT YOUR WEAPONS WON'T WORK ON ME! ;) :D

Third Rock From The Sun Dicks boss show up. He's called the big giant head and he is played so delightfully by William Shatner. Shatner has a wonderful flare for comedy. :LOL:

And the writers were sharp enough to take advantage of a real-life coincidence: both actors are the only actors to play in the same Twilight Zone episode (once broadcast in the original series, then repeated for the film, I believe) "Terror at [whatever it was] feet". Remember the gremlin or whatever tearing up one of the plane's engines, but no one other than our protagonist seeing any of this?

They wrote a hilarious line in where the two briefly discussed it. Brilliant use of real-life coincidence.

And the writers were sharp enough to take advantage of a real-life coincidence: both actors are the only actors to play in the same Twilight Zone episode (once broadcast in the original series, then repeated for the film, I believe) "Terror at [whatever it was] feet". Remember the gremlin or whatever tearing up one of the plane's engines, but no one other than our protagonist seeing any of this?

Nightmare at 20,000ft.... it's on Youtube in three parts...as is the 3rd Rock clip.

My God no has Brought Up Robot Chicken and all of It's Twisted Star Wars and Star Trek Parodies. What about the episode in which Star Wars Fans and Trek Fans went to war at a scifi convention.:guffaw::LOL::thumbsup:

Everyone should really check out the serial that gave Robot Chicken the impetus to get started, Twisted Toyfare Theater. It was published well before RC ever came to pass, and Seth Green has acknowledged that it was TTT that made him realize he could actually do RC. TTT is still published today in Toyfare Magazine and there are collected volumes published of all the serials. Nothing beats He-Man and Superman in thongs arguing over who gets to bang She-Ra first.

There are some episodes and segments of the Simpsons which do scifi parody

What about the X files parady when Mulder and Scully show in Sping filed tell me that isn't laugh out loud funny with all of it sight gags

Or how about the tree hous of Horror segment where Mr Burns puts Homer brain in the body of a robot thinking it will make him a better employee but Mr burns ends up with a lazy robot. . the segment ends with Burns head on Homers body which is a pock at the Ray Milland ,Rosie Greer B movie The Thing with two Heads made in 1972.
Also lets not forget Mr Burns get comic line in that episode.:guffaw::LOL::rommie::thumbsup:
"and the man at Radio Shack said I was Mad !"

How about the 1984 film Ice Pirates with Robert Urich and Mary Crosby, that film is one of the ultimate cheeze ball funny bad classics. It has every cliche in the book but who cares this film does not take it self seriously and or should we ,thats why its such a fun film to watch.:guffaw::guffaw::bolian:

Nice tangential reference in Family Guy Blue Harvest.

I also love the way they pick up on random things from Star Wars that you always noticed thought yourself were a bit silly, somewhere in the back of your mind... (but dismissed whilst happily suspending your disbelief) and then expand on them to make a great joke. For instance:

Peter (as Han): We'll be safe enough once we make the jump to hyperspace. Besides, I know a few maneuvers. We'll lose'em.

[the Falcon starts listing lazily to the left]

Chris (as Luke): Uh, that was your maneuver? Moving slightly to the left?
Peter (as Han): Well, I mean we're not in the same place we were, huh? That ought to confuse'em.
Chris (as Luke): Yeah, but you hardly did anything. You just started listing lazily to the left. I'm pretty sure they can keep up.
Imperial Officer 1: Where did they go?
Imperial Officer 2: There they are! They're listing lazily to the left. Go left, left!
Imperial Officer 1: Boy, this guy knows some maneuvers.

Blue Harvest was comedy/reference gold, from the title down to the dig at Robot Chicken at the end -- especially hilarious due to Seth Green's connection to both shows.

Buffy Willow gets summoned by the Head Vengeance Demon Dehofferan,He tells Willow she would make a great vengeance Demon
Williow Say 's "But I don't want to be a vengeance Demon!"

Dehofferan with consternation on his face steps forward you think he's going do do something awful to Williow. In stead he Says' Im very Disappointed, here's my Taleseman if you change your mind" and he let her leave, that was very funny. :guffaw:

Or the other scene with that same demon. Willow does a chat to make him appear, and he materializes in front of her with his back towards her. He starts to announce his presence in an all-powerful voice: "Who has summoned blah blah blah" and as he turns around he sees its only Willow, and stops the act and says "ah, Miss Rosenberg. Have you changed your hair?"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back