• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dr Who - Season 30 (4) [SPOILERS]

Re: Dr Who - Season 30 (4)

I"m just amazed the Sci-Fi channel is willing to pay for it so soon after its original airing. I assume it costs them more. And I believe last time I was at the scifi.com site it stated that Who's rating ws 1.0

Is that particularly good for the Sci-Fi channel? I honestly don't know, but some of us are screwed if they decide to drop it.

Still, thanks for letting me know. I believe we are also only a little bit behind on the airing of the Sarah Jane Adventures too, then? I have not yet seen both of them (they play two half-hour episodes as a lead-in to Who) but I caught the cliffhanger ending of the second episode: Sarah Jane's young neighbor friend has been thrown back in time, and meets Sarah Jane as a teenager, walking along with her friend that supposedly died in an accident involving Sarah Jane Smith.

Those episodes are pretty much towards the end of the first season of SJA, so yeah, not much behind - I think SJA season 1 was done showing in the UK last November or so, but season 2 is not even finished filming yet.

I found myself enjoying the episode more than I expected.

I normally find costume dramas where everyone talks twee and proper and frightfully posh very mundane and tedious.

However this episode had a strong comedy undertone... and made a few good points.

Bees were mentioned again I notice... and Donna & The Doctor had to deny they were a couple again. Another two parter coming up in two weeks. We have to wait because of banal pappy poppy trash.

There's a special place in Hell for Eurovision... actually I think Eurovision IS the special place in Hell.

There's a special place in Hell for Eurovision... actually I think Eurovision IS the special place in Hell.

I think Dante reserved the 10th circle for it, didn't he.

Sadly, my wife is a big Eurovision fan (of the "so kitsch it's funny" variety) and, even more sadly, I have noted a few former Eurovision "classics" appearing on my iTunes library recently. That wouldn't be so bad without the knowledge that I had paid for the damn things!

:mad:

"I've been to Belgium..." :LOL:

By far my favourite of the season so far. Till now, most episodes have been mediocre for me - I love the 10/Donna team, but the plots have all been rather mundane.

I love Eurovision. Not because it's great music, and not even (only) because it's camp. But it's a great way for me to test my grasp of European politics, European society, and the music scene. It's like a sport - trying to figure out who will vote for whom, why. I've had some pretty nice runs in the past predicting who will vote for whom, why.

That being said ... Eurovision had better be extra-satisfying this year, as I was planning on getting to see the last episode of DW before the summer. Now, the last episode is sceduled on 5 July. On 5 July, I will literally be in a train on the transsiberian railway. And it'll be three weeks till I get to a place where it is at all possible that I'll get to a copy :rolleyes:

Damn. Wanted it to win.

And RTD is hanging up his hat in favour of Steve Moffat. May get some convincing hetrosexual males now ;P.

Penelope Wilton indicated on Brakfast News this morning that she may be returning at the end of this season, which confirms a whole load of spoliers.

I'm pleased Moffat's succeeding RTD... I tipped him as heir apparent a while back. He's written some of the stronger one off episodes like "Blink".

And of course I have wild hopes that my personal dream TARDIS line up will come to fruition:

Sally Sparrow (could Moffatt have seeded that line at the end to leave things open for a possible return?)

and Jenny.

Now Tennant hinted he might pack up at the same time as RTD... but if you get those two in the Tardis... heck I'LL be No. 11!!!!!! I've got history, I played the Doctor in a college video once.

Oh and did anyone spot this little gem in the Sontaran story? Although I pre-empted the one in the first episode, I totally missed that bit!

Yse Rose Tyler, from what I have been reading she will showing up again. Plot ror future episodes suggest that the parallel universe that she,Mikey, Jackie is going to collapse sending her back into our reality, could be due to the activities of Either Davros or maybe the Master. I suspect it pertains to the the Timewars as well, Its possible that the Timelords ight be coming back, There is a a mention of a possible war between the Daleks and the Sontarans. The reason that I conclude the Timewars being undone, Is general Stalls comment about the fact that the Sontarans were not allowed to Participate in the War, which he stated in part one. The question is who would be powerful enough to ban the Sontarans from being in the War, The Eternals or perhaps the Black Guardian?. I have also thought that maybe the Timelords were not meant to die, that maybe someone or some entity manipulated the outcome.:cool:

OK... now tonight's episode totaly did my head in.

Aside from all that... I'm wondering if there's an implication that Doctor Moon might in fact be a future incarnation of the Doctor.

Moffat seems to have the corner in the "let's creep everyone out episode". The skeletal astronuat fella intercut against the Donna think was really freakish!

The book was obviously going to be the Doctor's biography because it looked so much like a TARDIS!Really looking forward to how they resolve this!

From what clips I have seen of this episode Silence in the library looks really insane. I think know why rose Tylers coming back and why Davros may be showing up I think it has timeline implications, I think the timewars is about to be undone and the time lords are coming back. It looks like we won't be getting Daleks vs Sontarans and that is a disappointmentto me. I wanted those two to battle. Dalek Caan saves Davros and sets off a temporal paradox, which affects the outcome of the time wars Im just speculating on this Galahad. What do you think? :confused:

Watch out for Shadows eh?

Good episode.

Thiniking of trends this season; we've had planets dissapearing, people asking just who is the Doctor, and now a second incident of something arriving earlier than it should have done.

With "The Doctor's Daughter", the Tardis brought them to the planet too early and so created Jenny, which is what the Tardis detected in the first place. Paradox. Now, the message from River Song getting to the Doctor so early that they haven't met yet.

Is there something screwy with the timelines?

Am I reading too much into this?

Shall I just go to bed?

A simpler explanation would be that the Davros and the Daleks to be featured possibly come from the universe that Rose was/is trapped in. Perhaps Dalek Caan... knowing that there are no Daleks left... and no way of repopulating his kind on his own, bypasses the whole issue by bringing the other universes daleks into our own.

Watch out for Shadows eh?

Good episode.

Thiniking of trends this season; we've had planets dissapearing, people asking just who is the Doctor, and now a second incident of something arriving earlier than it should have done.

With "The Doctor's Daughter", the Tardis brought them to the planet too early and so created Jenny, which is what the Tardis detected in the first place. Paradox. Now, the message from River Song getting to the Doctor so early that they haven't met yet.

Is there something screwy with the timelines?

Am I reading too much into this?

Shall I just go to bed?

Well this instance isn't a paradox because River has already met the Doctor in her own personal timeline... she was just expecting a later incarnation or an older version of 10.

Galahd thats a nice idea but i am not entirely convinced that that is Davros and the Daleks from a parrallel universe, I think it's the original. Caan interfered in history somehow. Why the stars winked out, now that is interesting. The Daleks may have been the ones who were trapped in the dimensions between worlds along with the Cybermen, that's one possibility, I don't know I need more to go on here. Still you could well be right on this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back