• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade Question ?

After rewatching Crusade a question came to mind if the Drakh virus was made for humans .I am sure their were other aliens on Earth at the time of the attack any thoughts on how it would have them and there biology including the fact that a cure was found I would think it would need to be modified for each indiviual race.Or did I miss anything while viewing it again.

I believe the Drakh virus was not specifically tailored to humans. That's why it takes 5 years to kill everyone- it has to adapt to the specific race's biology.

I believe the Drakh virus was not specifically tailored to humans. That's why it takes 5 years to kill everyone- it has to adapt to the specific race's biology.

...and would probably kill all the other aliens on Earth, after different lengths of time.

I just saw the ep where Dureena finds some of her people on that one planet. The humans there that were infected had 5 years and Dureena's people had only 1. This proves that the plague works differently on different species.

I don't remember that either. I can see the Drakh having plans to get back at the Minbari, but I don't remember anything about it being said.

I think it was in the Technomage trilogy where it's actually spelled out, but, it's implied or hinted at (I think) in Crusade Series Proper. (Or maybe in A call to Arms Movie)

I think the reference to the minbari was definately in the technomage trio but I have no idea where .Gives me a reason to reread the novels again it may help answer my own question.Cause I don't remember it mentioned in Crusade or ACTA.

I think it was in the Technomage trilogy where it's actually spelled out,

Oops! Originally, I thought you were right, but it's in the Centauri trilogy. See next post.

but, it's implied or hinted at (I think) in Crusade Series Proper. (Or maybe in "A Call to Arms" Movie)

I don't think it was even hinted at, that the plague was intended for Minbar, onscreen.

I think the reference to the minbari was definately in the technomage trio but I have no idea where .Gives me a reason to reread the novels again it may help answer my own question.Cause I don't remember it mentioned in Crusade or ACTA.

It's in the Centauri trilogy, when Galen, Kane, Gwynne, Finian and Vir are at Xha'dam. Legions of Fire Book II - Armies of Light and Dark, page 61.

Thanks I know I had read that part about the minbari somewhere .Just couldn't remember where.

It's why, when reading books as interesting and interconnected (with each other and the TV show) as these, I take notes of key events, so I can refer to them years after I'd read the books. ;)

Thanks KoshN, I had completely forgotten about that part of the Centauri Trilogy, which is why I figured it must've been in the TechnoMage Trilogy.

After rewatching Crusade a question came to mind if the Drakh virus was made for humans .I am sure their were other aliens on Earth at the time of the attack any thoughts on how it would have them and there biology including the fact that a cure was found I would think it would need to be modified for each indiviual race.Or did I miss anything while viewing it again.

The plague was not made for humans,they were actually made long ago,I think it can generally kill any race

But the fact that it can kill a human after 5 years and take a Zander Primer 2,it's perhaps they way they're bodies work are different

The plague was meant for the minbari? That's interesting...I must get em centuari trilogies :D

I was under the impression that the virus had a generic base, and then was "programmed" to the specific race they wanted to get rid of. So, the Drahk programmed it for the Minbari, but, when the Shadow Death Cloud WMD was destroyed, it Pissed the Drahk off, and they decided to use the virus on Earth, rather than Minbar, and that's why Earth was fortunate enough to have so much time. But, if the Drahk had a virus programmed for Humans, the deaths would've occurred quicker.

I was under the impression that the virus had a generic base, and then was "programmed" to the specific race they wanted to get rid of. So, the Drahk programmed it for the Minbari

My impression was that that was how it had originally been designed to work, but that it was leftover Shadow-tech which the Drahk were not as adept at modifying / tailoring it as the Shadows had been. Otherwise, it would have been much quicker (more like what we had seen with the Markab).

ok,wait,if it needed to be modified to kill a certain race much faster,how do you explain the aliens in "The Needs Of Earth",those fellas had 5 years too,and the virus that was launched on them were by the Shadows themselves,since it's their tech,they could easily modified it to kill the aliens in TNOE much faster,why 5 years?

I believe that the plague can kill generally all races,but it takes time to adapt into the body to kill it,some may take 5 years,some may take 2

And just maybe those Aliens in TNOE and Humans were a bit of the same,so it would take both 5 years to die

ok,wait,if it needed to be modified to kill a certain race much faster,how do you explain the aliens in "The Needs Of Earth",those fellas had 5 years too,and the virus that was launched on them were by the Shadows themselves,since it's their tech,they could easily modified it to kill the aliens in TNOE much faster,why 5 years?

My guess:

The virus could be left at a default five year clock, or could be set to wipe out an alien race faster (2 years, 1 year, 1 week, or 1 day, etc.). It all depends upon what the Shadows were trying to do, TEST an alien race to see if it deserved to survive, or simply as a weapon to wipe it out a race the Shadows had already determined did not deserve to survive.

Re. the Drakh, they weren't interested in testing anybody. They wanted revenge. It may be that they didn't have time to readjust the virus to the humans, and the virus sensed that it was being let loose on a race for which it was not programmed as a weapon, and reset itself to the default five year clock.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back