• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 novels and graphic novels

Of all of the books, I find The Technomage trilogy and the Centauri trilogy the most memorable. Before A Call to Arms, Crusade and the Technomage trilogy, the technomages were a sketchy footnote. Now, to me, they're one of the most interesting parts of the B5 universe, and something I'd love to see continued.
My opinion to Telepath trilogy is the same (replacing technomage=telepath) :)

One of my favorite B5 characters is Kevin Vacit, that tells a lot how much i liked it. I would certainly be happy if new novels feature telepaths. For example story about centauri teeps would be fantastic.

In the Technomage trilogy, it was "the scouring" (a Technomage thing).

I find Galen's interminable mental exercises, one, two three or more at a time, far more irritating.

I'm struggling through the last of the Technomage trilogy at the moment. As you know, Galen has never been my favourite character, and reading the books hasn't done much to change my opinion.

I'm just over half way through Book 3 at the moment, and Galen reminds me of Anakin Skywalker in AOTC. Whine, whine whine. I find myself thinking, "Oh just go ahead and top yourself!"

I absolutely LOVED the Psi Corps trilogy as well as the Technomage and Centauri series. I couldn't put them down. I've been jonesin' for more of these for years. I'd love to get some closure in the Crusade story and find out more about Dureena and her rise to power. I want to see how Gideon dies and presumably comes back to life and how they saved the earth from the Drakh virus.

What is the D20 system anyway? Is that a console gaming system?
D20 System is a system of game mechanics for role-playing games and is based on the third edition of Dungeons & Dragons. The system is named after the 20-sided die which is central to the core mechanics of the system. (wikipedia copy-paste)

I have only played computer Dungeons & Dragons games, but i think its quite good system.

In the Technomage trilogy, it was "the scouring" (a Technomage thing).

I find Galen's interminable mental exercises, one, two three or more at a time, far more irritating.

Yes, there's that irritating bit, too. ;)

I'm struggling through the last of the Technomage trilogy at the moment.

Struggling?!? I breezed through it in a couple of days, and I was trying to go slowly because I knew it was the last and didn't want it to be over. Each successive book in the Technomage trilogy went faster, for me.

As you know, Galen has never been my favourite character, and reading the books hasn't done much to change my opinion.
I see and hear Peter Woodward as Galen, when reading the books, and try to overlook Cavelos' annoying habits. The latter are kind of like the TNT-mandated scenes in "War Zone."

I'm just over half way through Book 3 at the moment, and Galen reminds me of Anakin Skywalker in AOTC. Whine, whine whine. I find myself thinking, "Oh just go ahead and top yourself!"

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. No, no one is as bad as Anakin Skywalker. NO ONE.

When you get to pages 316 and 317, picture Elizar and Razeel as the "TNT suits" responsible for the demise of Crusade. :devil:

Struggling?!? I breezed through it in a couple of days, and I was trying to go slowly because I knew it was the last and didn't want it to be over. Each successive book in the Technomage trilogy went faster, for me.

I keep falling asleep after 5 pages or less!

I see and hear Peter Woodward as Galen, when reading the books, and try to overlook Cavelos' annoying habits. The latter are kind of like the TNT-mandated scenes in "War Zone."

:LOL:I really don't hear Peter Woodward in her dialogue, perhaps because he doesn't have the same sarcasm and tongue in cheek humour as in the TV series, because he's so tortured and WHINY! :devil: ;)

When you get to pages 316 and 317, picture Elizar and Razeel as the "TNT suits" responsible for the demise of Crusade. :devil:

I'll look forward to it :D

I keep falling asleep after 5 pages or less!

Sheesh! Well, you haven't gotten to the scenes on the big Z. For me, after they got off of Soom, it unfolded about as fast as "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (as in, Where did the time go?).

:LOL:I really don't hear Peter Woodward in her dialogue, perhaps because he doesn't have the same sarcasm and tongue in cheek humour as in the TV series, because he's so tortured and WHINY! :devil: ;)

Maybe a Brit needed to write Galen.

I'll look forward to it :D

I've re-read that section many times. :D

Now that you've read as far as you have, is Herazade a pain-in-the-a** or what?!?!?!

:LOL: It is a little hard to understand how she ever got into the inner circle :)

Heh. Galen has little use for her. One scene involving a little shriveled piece of something (that shall remain unnamed, since it'd be a Spoiler), is particularly enjoyable near the end of the book. :D

Hmmm, in 2267, Galen says "I have no surviving enemies, at all." Wonder if she tried to cross him between 2261 and 2267. If so, it's be a really dumb move on her part.

Now that you've read as far as you have, is Herazade a pain-in-the-a** or what?!?!?!

Huge pain!! I really really dislike her,she's very arragont and stupid,but I really like her student,Federico,that guy is a nut...something like a younger Alwyn :LOL:

Huge pain!! I really really dislike her, she's very arragont and stupid,

...and myopic and paranoid.

...but I really like her student,Federico,that guy is a nut...something like a younger Alwyn :LOL:

Yeah, everybody likes Federico, although I suspect he's a little less mischevious than Alwyn.

I wasn't really thrilled with the Psi Corp trilogy. I like the Technomage and Centauri trilogies better.

I wish I could find a copy of The Natiuls Coil. It's very frusteration for this stuff to be out there but not accessable.

Ditto here as well. The only short story I've seen is the Marcus/Susan one: Time and the Incurable Romantic (Or something quite close to that)

Back